• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
  • Purifying Shield (Light Spirits) and Debasing Shield (Dark Spirits), as the name suggest, are defensive abilities.
  • They protect from, or shall I say absorb, (mainly) attacks from the opposite counter type spirit.
  • This attacks include, but not limited to: DarkSphere, AuraHeal, DarkStrike, DarkExplosion, LightTether.
  • The user does this by sneaking for 5 or 10 seconds to create [half/whole] (-depends correspondingly how long you crouch) white bright (for Purifying Shield) or dark violet particle shaped wall.
  • White Wall absorbs projectiles of a dark spirit's projected, while the Violet Wall - light spirit's.
  • Once the shield absorbs 4 attacks it explodes and is put on cooldown, preventing the player from using the absorbed moves (see below on how-to do that)
  • If not blown up yet, the user can deflect all of the absorb attacks back, all at once from the shield with left click or can shove that shield inside himself (by crouch) for later deflection with the same absorbed attacks (note, after shoving it the user will be dealt 0.5 damage)
  • Left Clicking while no attacks absorb will dissipate the blob voluntary, leaving the ability with cooldown.
  • ETA: Shields can not be moved with a crossheir and players movement
  • Left Clicking air will form a variation of this shield, that lasts 1.5 seconds.
    • After its dissipation, this variation will than be put to longer cooldown then of fullsize shield cooldown.
  • This 1 block width shield, if timed right, will deflect any attacks to a random direction, that are of the same type spirit that the user/shield is.
    • Rare chance of it deflecting the attack back to its creator, instead of bouncing it off to a random side.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Have anything wrong with that? Please be free to express yourself - even if it's a criticism you would like to give :)

P.S. What you people recommend: should these shields have a value of how many types they can be "summoned" from one's body, while containing the absorb attacks to make these abilities less/none over powered or they are fine as they are how I described them?

P.P.S. Should there also be another variaton of this shield, where left clicking will create a mini shield (1 block width) that lasts for a few (1 or 2?) seconds, where it protects feo of the same type being (i.e. light=light) by deflecting his attack to a random direction or of a rare chance occuring, redirecting it back to launcher of it? Or should I post it in another thread for a seperate ability?

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Have anything wrong with that? Please be free to express yourself - even if it's a criticism you would like to give :)

P.S. What you people recommend: should these shields have a value of how many types they can be "summoned" from one's body, while containing the absorb attacks to make these abilities less/none over powered or they are fine as they are how I described them?

P.P.S. Should there also be another variaton of this shield, where left clicking will create a mini shield (1 block width) that lasts for a few (1 or 2?) seconds, where it protects feo of the same type being (i.e. light=light) by deflecting his attack to a random direction or of a rare chance occuring, redirecting it back to launcher of it? Or should I post it in another thread for a seperate ability?
My biggest criticism is that your description is really confusing.
4 swallows
this ability's cooldown manifestation
If not blown up yet, the light spirit can deflect all of the absorb attacks back at once from the shield with left click
or can shove that shield in his/hers body (by crouch) for later deflection with the same attacks
These are pretty strangely worded.

I am guessing this is an ability that creates a shield that you can use to absorb enemy spirits' attacks? I like that idea a lot and would like to see it in the plugin (although absorbing four attacks might be a bit OP)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I was in a hurry, so I didn't put effort in checking all the grammar mistakes that I made. Also, English isn't my mother language. Now I had re-edit and fixed a few of those sentences (how do you say "swallow" noun in plural? And how do I reword the next sentence?)

Yes, this shield does what you said (specifically, light spirit's shield absorbs dark spirit's attacks and vice versa). I'm glad that you like it. When it swallows 4 attacks, it will explode before the user can manage deflect all the attacks and the shield will be reset back to 0 absorbed attacks after its cooldown .

What do you think about the variation of this shield?

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I was in a hurry, so I didn't put effort in checking all the grammar mistakes that I made. Also, English my mother language. Now I had re-edit and fixed a few of those sentences (how do you say "swallow" noun in plural? And how do I reword the next sentence?)

Yes, this shield does what you said (specifically, light spirit's shield absorbs dark spirit's attacks and vice versa). I'm glad that you like it. When it swallows 4 attacks, it will explode before the user can manage deflect all the attacks and the shield will be reset back to 0 absorbed attacks after its cooldown .

What do you think about the variation of this shield?
Okay, that makes more sense.

I would word it like "Once the shield absorbs 4 attacks it explodes and is put on cooldown, preventing the player from using the absorbed moves."

Also a minishield would be nice, but needs a long-ish cooldown.