• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

ProjectKorra Turns 1 + Other News

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
First and foremost, I would like to draw attention to the fact that as of today (June 11th), ProjectKorra is one year old. We set out to do some pretty ambitious things way back when and I am glad to say that here we are, a year later, accomplishing more than I ever thought we would. I can’t think anyone specifically, but the whole community deserves a round of applause for the dedication and patience they have shown over the course of the last year. Even as Minecraft has grown old, and I’ve worked less and less on Minecraft related projects, I stayed with ProjectKorra because of the fantastic community that we have built together. I am excited to see what the next year holds.

You can view the original ProjectKorra thread here: http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/welcome-to-project-korra.1/

Many of you have caught on to the idea of ‘big changes are coming’. They are coming far sooner than I would like as a result to huge changes in my personal life. As details have been made clear, I have decided that now is the best time to make these details known to the public.

For those of you that don’t know, I am extremely politically active. I have worked on a few local political campaigns in the past to build up my resume (and because I believed in the candidate). Politics, not Minecraft or coding, is truly my passion, which is why when an opportunity like this one came along I simply couldn’t pass it up. I was contacted by someone who is working on an existing 2016 Presidential Campaign and offered a position that will require me to relocate to another state far from my home. For the sake of my own privacy and to keep political disputes at bay, I will not reveal the name of the candidate or the state I will be moving to, but I’m sure you guys could probably figure it out.

I knew this day would come before I ever received this offer. I just thought I had more time. The original plan was for this post to be made in late August as I moved off to college (also far from home). However, you never know where life may take you. I usually encourage others to live in the moment and to take opportunities when they are presented to them, so, I must practice what I preach and take up this amazing offer.

As a result, that does mean I will have to reduce my presence in the ProjectKorra community. I will practically step back completely to devote all of my time to this campaign (devoting any less than 100% will not work for me). As of June 15th, I will no longer be the face of the ProjectKorra community, you guys will be.

What will my new role be? I’ll still be the Administrator and the person ‘in charge’ of ProjectKorra, however, much more power will be given to other staff members. My job will move to handle less of the day to day tasks of the project. I will ensure bills are being paid on time and that things are up and running server side. I will no longer be producing ‘weekly’ updates, and I will no longer be actively participating in community discussion.

Head Developer

The Head Developer will become the new person in charge of scheduling releases of all of our plugins. They will oversee the development team and make sure that things are being done. This position is being granted to OmniCypher, as he has been a consistent and hardworking member of our team.

Head Concept Designer

The Head Concept Designer will work with the Head Developer to plan out releases for plugins, coordinating the team of Concept Designers. They will ensure that we stay on top of suggestions and things continue to be well thought and balanced out. This position has not currently been offered to anyone.

Head Moderator

The Head Moderator will ensure the forum is kept clean and the rules are enforced. If we feel the need to bring on more Community Moderators, we will, but for now vidcom is handling things well. Vidcom will be responsible for keeping the Community up to date with what is going on, taking on the role of ‘weekly’ updates, etc. Vidcom has served our community well since the beginning and I couldn’t think of anyone more fitting for this role.

Final Note

This is not the last time you will hear from me. I’ll pop on Skype from time to time. I will pop in the community from time to time. I stress the idea that each of you should follow your dreams and do what you’re passionate about much like I am doing now. Thank you all for the past year, please continue to support the project as you guys are really why we do what we do. You guys have taught me so much and being able to work with you guys to keep this community alive has truly been an honor.

Stay classy.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Last July, my co-owner and I had just been discussing where to go when Orion's plugin began to fail us, and then we stumbled upon this little gem of a community... I'm so glad to have witnessed the growth of PK, and I couldn't be more excited for the future!

And as a first year college student, I think its amazing that you're taking that offer up. So many people pass things up, they don't realize how much one offer can change their path. You do you Mist, show the adult world who's boss! ;)

owlcool

First and foremost, I would like to draw attention to the fact that as of today (June 11th), ProjectKorra is a MinIsKirt.

Many of you have caught on to the idea of ‘big changes are coming’. They are coming far sooner.

Stay classy.
Wow, my dream came true? Thank Darwinn for editorial quotes!!!!

I remember when I joined the project team, and I'd like to personally thank you for allowing me to experience that <3

Last edited:

Sorin

First and foremost, I would like to draw attention to the fact that as of today (June 11th), ProjectKorra is one year old. We set out to do some pretty ambitious things way back when and I am glad to say that here we are, a year later, accomplishing more than I ever thought we would. I can’t think anyone specifically, but the whole community deserves a round of applause for the dedication and patience they have shown over the course of the last year. Even as Minecraft has grown old, and I’ve worked less and less on Minecraft related projects, I stayed with ProjectKorra because of the fantastic community that we have built together. I am excited to see what the next year holds.

You can view the original ProjectKorra thread here: http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/welcome-to-project-korra.1/

Many of you have caught on to the idea of ‘big changes are coming’. They are coming far sooner than I would like as a result to huge changes in my personal life. As details have been made clear, I have decided that now is the best time to make these details known to the public.

For those of you that don’t know, I am extremely politically active. I have worked on a few local political campaigns in the past to build up my resume (and because I believed in the candidate). Politics, not Minecraft or coding, is truly my passion, which is why when an opportunity like this one came along I simply couldn’t pass it up. I was contacted by someone who is working on an existing 2016 Presidential Campaign and offered a position that will require me to relocate to another state far from my home. For the sake of my own privacy and to keep political disputes at bay, I will not reveal the name of the candidate or the state I will be moving to, but I’m sure you guys could probably figure it out.

I knew this day would come before I ever received this offer. I just thought I had more time. The original plan was for this post to be made in late August as I moved off to college (also far from home). However, you never know where life may take you. I usually encourage others to live in the moment and to take opportunities when they are presented to them, so, I must practice what I preach and take up this amazing offer.

As a result, that does mean I will have to reduce my presence in the ProjectKorra community. I will practically step back completely to devote all of my time to this campaign (devoting any less than 100% will not work for me). As of June 15th, I will no longer be the face of the ProjectKorra community, you guys will be.

What will my new role be? I’ll still be the Administrator and the person ‘in charge’ of ProjectKorra, however, much more power will be given to other staff members. My job will move to handle less of the day to day tasks of the project. I will ensure bills are being paid on time and that things are up and running server side. I will no longer be producing ‘weekly’ updates, and I will no longer be actively participating in community discussion.

Head Developer

The Head Developer will become the new person in charge of scheduling releases of all of our plugins. They will oversee the development team and make sure that things are being done. This position is being granted to OmniCypher, as he has been a consistent and hardworking member of our team.

Head Concept Designer

The Head Concept Designer will work with the Head Developer to plan out releases for plugins, coordinating the team of Concept Designers. They will ensure that we stay on top of suggestions and things continue to be well thought and balanced out. This position has not currently been offered to anyone.

Head Moderator

The Head Moderator will ensure the forum is kept clean and the rules are enforced. If we feel the need to bring on more Community Moderators, we will, but for now vidcom is handling things well. Vidcom will be responsible for keeping the Community up to date with what is going on, taking on the role of ‘weekly’ updates, etc. Vidcom has served our community well since the beginning and I couldn’t think of anyone more fitting for this role.

Final Note

This is not the last time you will hear from me. I’ll pop on Skype from time to time. I will pop in the community from time to time. I stress the idea that each of you should follow your dreams and do what you’re passionate about much like I am doing now. Thank you all for the past year, please continue to support the project as you guys are really why we do what we do. You guys have taught me so much and being able to work with you guys to keep this community alive has truly been an honor.

Stay classy.
You will be missed by a lot of people until you return, and i'm glad to see that you are following your dreams!

Migsel

#RememberPhist

Also, Mist -

I never knew you in real life, but I wish I did. GG and GL.

Last edited:
We wish you the best of luck with your future endeavours.

I'll also be pointing at the tv when presidential campaign ads and whatnot are on, and I'll be shouting "I know a guy who works with another guy who worked on this!"