• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion ProjectKorra - Development Manual/Basic Guide

Varni1

I personally PK should receive a custom development manual for people who want to make their own abilities or side plugins. There aren't many tutorials out there, and most are outdated. A consistent and constantly updated manual will be useful to everyone. Basic reasons:
  • Many people want to make abilities, but they don't know how. I have learned from different sources, and those sources take a while to find.
  • A development manual will be useful for people who want to make extension plugins.
  • Also, anyone who wants to improve on PK and make content for it, will need a manual to learn the PK API.
  • The community will flourish and ability suggestions might die down, (since people will be able to learn how to make abilities themselves).
  • It can open up community staff positions for people who maintain and guides and tutorials in the manual.
Those are all the reasons why I think we should have some kind of basic guide or manual to the PK API.

Custom abilities are fun and all, but I'd rather PK gives us many more features rather than telling us how to basically change their whole plugin and make our own abilities. These manuals can be created by the people, too.

Varni1

Custom abilities are fun and all, but I'd rather PK gives us many more features rather than telling us how to basically change their whole plugin and make our own abilities. These manuals can be created by the people, too.
I know. But it's useful due to staff manages it, and everything's up-to-date.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Don't deny. This is actually a very good idea. We don't have a good amount of documentation for this stuff.

Varni1

Well, to be honest. I just want one place where the PK Staff can confirm the documentation is true, so new people don't need to scower the forums for tutorials. :3

Matt

Well, to be honest. I just want one place where the PK Staff can confirm the documentation is true, so new people don't need to scower the forums for tutorials. :3
We have java docx for PK, but they are outdated. Actually we should update those sometime soon.

fast meme

>finds typo in whole of pk source code
>cant figure where documentation is while there are only 3 api classes

u surpassed grasshopper in being top 1 master coder 2015!