• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Poison and Wither Activating the Avatar State

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I think that when an avatar by the /bending avatar command is poisoned or withered (without them having low health) it should activate a heightened avatar state that is 20 seconds longer and double the strength of the old 1 than their normal avatar state, However, if the poison isn't going to kill them, ( By figuring out a way to get the duration of the effect from the player and the power of the effect) However if the poison is self induced it wouldn't work.

We see this when Korra was poisoned by Zaheer her avatar state was much more potent and lasted longer than all of her previous and further avatar states combined.

It should be a chance thingy, because Korra was a special type of person, as Zaheer was suprised that she managed to resist poison more longer than he expected.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Aang was also a special type of person, he survived in an iceberg for 100 years, with no food. So in my opinion all avatars are special

xNuminousx

It should be a chance thingy, because Korra was a special type of person, as Zaheer was suprised that she managed to resist poison more longer than he expected.
Zaheer didn't have anyone to test it on seeing as how Korra was the first person. All he had was a theory so i'm sure he would be surprised to find out he was wrong.

Because he got in suspended animation. Zaheer meant as if she was unique and by special I mean mentally/physically stronger than any other. He trying to say as if to his expectation any other avatar would have died quicker if they weren't the 'special' ones like Korra.

Convo said:
Zaheer: Neither of us are the same as before. I learned to fly, but now I'm bound in chains. You have all the power in the world and the freedom to use it, but you choose to hold yourself down.
Korra: I'm not holding myself down, but my powers have limits!
Zaheer You're wrong. That poison should've killed you, but you were able to fight it off. You think your power has limits; I say, it's limitless.
Judging by their conversation, Zaheer wouldn't be that dumb to remind her the obvious fate she might have experienced if it wasn't for Suyin saving her, when they both literally know the poison might have kill her. I'm saying that he was more suprised by the fact that she managed to resist the poison effect longer, because he wouldn't just go around saying that fact for nothing.

Last edited:
Zaheer didn't have anyone to test it on seeing as how Korra was the first person. All he had was a theory so i'm sure he would be surprised to find out he was wrong.
Hard for me to believe that he was wrong as for being a wise man. He proven by himself that an airbender has the potential to fly before acknowledging that power's existence by just reading a myth about that particular airbender who once lived with this gifted power.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
That poison would have killed anyone, but thats what the avatar state was for a defense mechanism so that the avatar doesn't die. Plus Suyin got most of the metal out just in time. If she didn't she would have died.

1. Yet she would have died, because the poison was already injected in her body and there was no biological possible way for her to cure herself. (Forgot that you mentioned it yourself).
2. Zaheer wouldn't be sherlock obvious for reminder her she would have died, because why would he do that if not suprised that she managed to survive longer than he anticipated?

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Well Zaheer may have been a smart man, but the thing is he had no idea that she would escape, Remember, he planned on ending her as soon as she was in the avatar state and he didn't account for the fact that if she escaped she could have survived longer.

Ok, but again - why would he be captain obvious for reminder her that she "should've died [but you were able to fight it off]"? I think he said as to in force the fact that any other average avatar would have died quicker.

xNuminousx

Ok, but again - why would he be captain obvious for reminder her that she "should've died [but you were able to fight it off]"? I think he said as to in force the fact that any other average avatar would have died quicker.
I believe him saying she should have died means he calculated that she should have died but he underestimated the avatar state. He may be wise but he isn't all-knowing, he couldn't have known if that would kill an avatar or not because he hadn't tried it on another avatar before.

At this point, nobody can know if I'm and you're right. These are just mere speculations. Either he underestimated the avatarstate or her as a person - who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯