• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Passive Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Water Bender's should take less damage from water attacks and also have increased water breathing when under water.
Fire Bender's should take less damage from fire attacks and should be relieved of burning faster.
Earth Bender's should take less damage from earth and sand/dirt should naturally deal less damage than stone
Chi Blocker's should also take less damage from one another

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Much of this makes little sense. Benders do not take reduced damage from other benders of the same kind in the show.
And fire already is relieved of burning faster.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Maybe there should be blocks for all of the elements instead of just passives. And I belive some moves already block it so It doesnt make thag much sense about what you are suggesting

Much of this makes little sense. Benders do not take reduced damage from other benders of the same kind in the show.
And fire already is relieved of burning faster.
If you can control the block your enemy is using against you, wouldn't it make sense that you could slow down the velocity at which it is coming at you?

For example; Waterbender fires a manip at you. Because you control water as well, you soften the impact of the manipulation by bending it. Same goes for earthbenders and airbenders, you slow down the velocity and reduce the power of things.

This makes it sound like you have to preform a move or ability to cause it to deal less damage, but in-game I doubt anyone would actually have time to do this successfully

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
If you can control the block your enemy is using against you, wouldn't it make sense that you could slow down the velocity at which it is coming at you?

For example; Waterbender fires a manip at you. Because you control water as well, you soften the impact of the manipulation by bending it. Same goes for earthbenders and airbenders, you slow down the velocity and reduce the power of things.

This makes it sound like you have to preform a move or ability to cause it to deal less damage, but in-game I doubt anyone would actually have time to do this successfully
Then you make that a move not a passive.

owlcool

I believe that this person straight up has not seen Avatar the Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra. Because otherwise there is no explanation for this stupidity.

owlcool

Water Bender's should take less damage from water attacks and also have increased water breathing when under water.
Fire Bender's should take less damage from fire attacks and should be relieved of burning faster.
Earth Bender's should take less damage from earth and sand/dirt should naturally deal less damage than stone
Chi Blocker's should also take less damage from one another
The less damage on the elements makes little sense. The less damage on the chi blockers makes no sense. You don't harden your pressure points by punching stuff. Your pressure points are inherently less weak then the rest of your body, but if your body is naturally harder or has calluses all over or something like that then your pressure points will still be weaker then the rest of your body, but still stronger then normal. Quite a few pressure points are actually lethal. I won't go into detail here, but I am the type of guy that actually has seen both Avatar the Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Studied the martial arts behind the elements and subelements, and study the pressure points used for both combat and healing. I doubt that anyone is more qualified to say that Chiblockers should take normal damage from each other then me. If you have anything from ashma to nosebleeds I could tell you a specific pressure point or group of points that can ease the disorder.

The less damage on the elements makes little sense. The less damage on the chi blockers makes no sense. You don't harden your pressure points by punching stuff. Your pressure points are inherently less weak then the rest of your body, but if your body is naturally harder or has calluses all over or something like that then your pressure points will still be weaker then the rest of your body, but still stronger then normal. Quite a few pressure points are actually lethal. I won't go into detail here, but I am the type of guy that actually has seen both Avatar the Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Studied the martial arts behind the elements and subelements, and study the pressure points used for both combat and healing. I doubt that anyone is more qualified to say that Chiblockers should take normal damage from each other then me. If you have anything from ashma to nosebleeds I could tell you a specific pressure point or group of points that can ease the disorder.
There are people who I am around that are naturally immune to pressure points. Two of which are my younger brother, and father. The idea of pressure points actually being a real technique in battle is beyond me. Because people like my father and brother just don't care if you nail one of their pressure points. Unless you are talking about locations on the body such as the temples, then you're better off.

Unless you message me the name of your martial arts school, academy, or dojang. Then I can't take you seriously on that matter. There is a major gap between the people who study pressure points and weaknesses via videos and internet surfing, versus the ones who physically test these points in actual combat, training, and with professional masters.

The less damage on the elements makes little sense.
I am assuming my point is completely ignored on purpose.

owlcool

There are people who I am around that are naturally immune to pressure points. Two of which are my younger brother, and father. The idea of pressure points actually being a real technique in battle is beyond me. Because people like my father and brother just don't care if you nail one of their pressure points. Unless you are talking about locations on the body such as the temples, then you're better off.

Unless you message me the name of your martial arts school, academy, or dojang. Then I can't take you seriously on that matter. There is a major gap between the people who study pressure points and weaknesses via videos and internet surfing, versus the ones who physically test these points in actual combat, training, and with professional masters.

I am assuming my point is completely ignored on purpose.
The difference being, chi blockers tended to be people such as tai lee, who were quite athletic and flexible, took normal amounts of damage. It is not going to be a majority of chi blockers that are immune to pressure points. I could upload a picture of one of my books, but I don't want idiotic people using pressure points that are deadly in a fight over a peanut butter sandwich or some crap like that. Since you already stated the temple, I am just going to say that is a potentially deadly pressure point and you do NOT want to hit it unless it is absolutely necessary, like if a dude is ACTUALLY trying to KILL you with a actual gun(make sure that there is no orange tip on it), and make sure you are not the person who started the conflict. Even then, I would recommend you to just keep on avoiding that point, use only as much force is necessary to get away, no more. Back on topic, it would be a rare percentage of all benders and non-benders, and the way chi blocking is portrayed in the plugin most chi blocking moves are targeting areas prone to injury, if not just straight up trying to kill. Oh and by ignoring your point, I thought you figured out what was wrong with that. Sorry.

Last edited:

owlcool

Sure makes sense for this to be a passive then. After all, a blade of ice is always less deadly to a waterbender then a Earthbender when they don't see or hear it coming. It isn't a protective aura of waterbending, come on.

Sure makes sense for this to be a passive then. After all, a blade of ice is always less deadly to a waterbender then a Earthbender when they don't see or hear it coming. It isn't a protective aura of waterbending, come on.
Should a deadly blade of ice be swung at a waterbender, he or she could just phasechange it, and soften the ice by turning it to water. Causing it to deal less damage. Same goes for earth, if someone launches sharp rocks at another earthbender, what is stopping the target to slightly change the form of the pointy rocks? Surely dull and blunt rocks will hurt less than sharp and piercing ones? ;)

The difference being, chi blockers tended to be people such as tai lee, who were quite athletic and flexible, took normal amounts of damage. It is not going to be a majority of chi blockers that are immune to pressure points. I could upload a picture of one of my books, but I don't want idiotic people using pressure points that are deadly in a fight over a peanut butter sandwich or some crap like that. Since you already stated the temple, I am just going to say that is a potentially deadly pressure point and you do NOT want to hit it unless it is absolutely necessary, like if a dude is ACTUALLY trying to KILL you with a actual gun(make sure that there is no orange tip on it), and make sure you are not the person who started the conflict. Even then, I would recommend you to just keep on avoiding that point, use only as much force is necessary to get away, no more. Back on topic, it would be a rare percentage of all benders and non-benders, and the way chi blocking is portrayed in the plugin most chi blocking moves are targeting areas prone to injury, if not just straight up trying to kill. Oh and by ignoring your point, I thought you figured out what was wrong with that. Sorry.
This just strengthens my point. You claim you have a book, without stating that you actually go to a legit school or academy. I attend one of the larger Tae Kwon Do schools in America, I know what I am talking about. I will gladly PM you the school's name should it peek your interest. That aside, to me, you look like some junkie who happens to have a book, does a bit of research online, and then thinks he is a adept at handling situations like a someone grabbing his wrist and demanding money.

With watermanipulation you can control the water and simply stop it in the air... Same with earth... Do this by shifting at it.. If you did less damage to your element, it'd just make you both weaker and make the fight take much longer.
You'd also need to focus to control the water and make it do less damage, it just doesn't happen passively.

With watermanipulation you can control the water and simply stop it in the air... Same with earth... Do this by shifting at it.. If you did less damage to your element, it'd just make you both weaker and make the fight take much longer.
You'd also need to focus to control the water and make it do less damage, it just doesn't happen passively.
I understand that, I am just helping the creators side of the thread. Since nobody seemed to understand why it made sense that benders received less damage from attacks that originate from their element.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
There are people who I am around that are naturally immune to pressure points. Two of which are my younger brother, and father.
Wouldn't be that a cool addition to warrior stance? When you active WS, you get less damage by chi moves, and paralyze has a shorter duration when somebody uses it on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.