• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

~=New EarthBending Combos and Moves=~

should we have more earth bending moves

• Total voters

VenusDeco

What is your suggestion?

My main suggestion is that Earth bending needs more moves that are more handy in pvp since at the moment people are very unpleased with earth bending and is always the last pick when choosing an element. I would like for earth bending to become more versatile for the average player to use

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
We need this because Earth is the element that people would consider either "Weak", "Boring" or just simply "Too slow to use". But by adding more moves that are more deadly in a pvp situation the earth element will become more popular. It makes me upset when people say that earth bending is awful because it really isn't.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
The bad thing about this suggestion is that too many moves in one element will cause it to be unbalanced which will lead to complaints, that's why not every move needs to be added but I would prefer that earth bending had more combos.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
The good thing about this suggestion is that Earth will not be the "Boring" or "Last pick" element with new combos and moves. It will greatly benefit people who love the element earth bending but hate how it functions which is why I took the time to think of some new moves and combos for earth bending
DustStorm
(Not a Combo): The User must be standing on an earth bendable surface to use this move, To use the move must be bound to a slot, shift to activate the ability and when activated the user will become invisable for 5 seconds. If you attack while using this Move you will become visible again. For example: If you were on sand and used this, you would have sand particles floating around your location where you first activated the move. You become totally invisible to every player

Cooldown: 15 seconds

EarthEntomb (Not a combo): Just an updated version of earth grab but instead of manually making the earth collapse, the entomb lowers after 7 seconds after its been activated. after the 7 seconds has finished the earth will sink back into the ground releasing the target. The "Animation" will act the same way it does for EarthGrab. You can also hold shift then left click the ground to "throw" the Entomb in the same manner as you can with EarthGrab. With this entomb, the inside of the entomb will be hollow so that the target doesn't suffocate
Cool Down: 4 seconds

EarthSpike (Not a combo): Functions the same way as Ice spike but can be used on the earth on any earth bendable block. Each hit of the spike will do 1.5 hearts on impact.Also in addition you can shift click this move to summon multiple earth spikes out of the ground. and Left click to use 1 earth spike.
(Also I know that the gif doesn't represent what earth spike would look like but it was the closest I could find on google so)
Cool Down: 2 seconds

EarthLaunch (Not a Combo): To use this move, you must charge the move up, once the smoke particles appear and is released, all players / mobs around you in a 10 - 15 block radius will be launched up into the air aling 1 heart on the initial hit of the earth spike launching the player / mob into the sky (Don't mind that in the gif the target is getting launched sideways, In the server it will be launching them upwards, The Gif was suppose to give the idea of what it suppose to look like)
Cool Down: 7 seconds

SandSuffocation (Combo Move): Just as Earth benders can change Earth material into sand , This is a combo move involving the two moves Sandblast and Raise Earth. This combo will act as a trap for players. And if a player steps over the sand trap they will be put underneath the earth/sand to suffocate. To use this combo the input must be followed: Shift and hold for two seconds until sand particles appear with Sandblast then Switch to raise earth while still holding shift, right click twice then release to set the trap on the ground
(This move is inspired When Katara almost suffocated in the ground when a Earth General tried to force Aang into the Avatar State)

Cool Down: 12 seconds

LavaGimbal (Combo Move): To use this combo you must have the moves LavaThrow and LavaFlow bound, To use this combo you must first have a source of lava to draw the Gimbal from, To use you must shift with LavaFlow for about 3 seconds until lava particles form then switch to Lava throw while shifting then let go then double shift again then hold to have the LavaGimbal ready, then to fire just left click at the target.

Cool Down: 20 seconds

Addon to Raise Earth: When the user left clicks with raise earth, a 1x5 pillar is raised from the ground currently. This is to impractical to use during battle, to make this more efficient it would be best to make the single column a 4x5 pillar, Also it would be helpful to players scaling mountains to use Raise Earth on a vertical axis just like how Earth pillar works.

EarthPunch: similar to how earth pillar works, Earth Punch will send a fist coming out of the surface of a earth bendable substance. Similar to how fast Earth pillar comes out of a earth surface, I would like Earth Punch to have the same speed making it not very easy to dodge. When the fist Is fired out and makes contact with its target the target loses 2 hearts on impact. After Use the fist sinks back into the earth surface it came out of, returning the surface to its original state.
Cool Down: 5 seconds

MagmaRing (Not a Combo): This move will act the same as LavaFlow except instead of lava magma blocks are summon, You can turn any earth bendable block into magma blocks by either left clicking or shifting
Cool Down: 5 seconds

Earth Rift (Not a Combo): The user sends out a line similar to earthline at the desired dierection sending small pillars of earth at the target, the max range is 15 blocks distance. After 3 seconds of the attack being activated the pillars will sink back down into the earth. On impact the move will do 2 hearts
(This gif explains how I want it to look)
Cool Down: 8 seconds

Please Take the time to Conisider these as new additons to our bending server since earth bending is lacking in pvp useful moves. I feel like adding moves such as these will help make earth more popular for new players if they got to see how good earth can be.

Multiple abilibties in one post isn't allowed - the concept designer will ask you to cut it in pieces (one ability per post) while closing and denying this post.

As for my input:
DustStorm: not really need3e imo, better as a custom ability (which already exist). Lacks of particles.
EarthEntomb: It was already suggested by @Easte. I do wish EarthGrab in general was change to this one, but by the looks of its recent change - it doesn't seem it won't chamge. I will do a custom ability of that.
EarthSpike: Shockwave is the exact replication of that gif, minus shockwave. I think it's unnecessary, because it would render Shockwave less usable. You already got that move, just change shockwave's chargetime to zero and you have "earthspike".
I do like EarthLaunch. Probably was suggested before.
SandSuffocation
I personally don't like the name of it. Too typical/generic (airbending has a similar one). I would choose QuickSand (short, but simple). The Technique his fine and I like it, but there is a problem: SandBlast is a custom ability. If your suggesting this combo for CORE, SandBlast can't be included in the activation process because PK doesn't have own that ability. Change it up, and I'd say it's good. Although, once again: essentially, this was suggested already.
LavaGimbal
again, lavathrow is a custom ability. I would also change the name: LavaTendrils. Also, Biolin didn't used gimbal.
Addon RaiseEarth
I don't really point of this, and probably my first dislike ability of your suggested. 1x6 are fine. 4x6 are just too fat imo. If you wanna scale mountains, use normal raiseearth underneat you.
MagmaRing - I like it, but I would call it MagmaFlow.
EarthRift - again, you have shockwave. Just set the chargetime to 0 seconds, hold sneak and left click.
EarthPunch: Expand onto EarthGloves.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Last edited:

Pride

Multiple abilibties in one post isn't allowed - the concept designer will ask you to cut it in pieces (one ability per post) while closing and denying this post.

Like what Tavo said, lmao. ^^

Also, welcome to ProjectKorra forums, Deco. Remember me? Prride? Yeah, I don't go on Phan anymore.

I do see the potential of merging EarthLaunch (by default should only deal knockback) and that "addon RaiseEarth". One activated through charging, other through a simple left click.

As I mention, the raiseearth varation should be 2x2x2 (seems idendical to Aang's height) and have it deal 2.0 hearts. The Charging technique should deal only knockback (water has surge, so earth needs its counterpart). EarthLaunch would be the ability's name.

On second though, forget the charging and just skip it. Leave that raiseearth varation (named EarthLaunch) to deal only knockback to multiple people, since velocity and fall damage will take over from there.

Last edited:

Loony

Posting a lot of abilities as a suggestion isn't something you should do - you could have 1 great suggestion and 10 bad and we'd have to deny it. I'm going to give my input on your suggestions though.

DustStorm - I think this would work better as a combo as it would feel like a filler move. I'm not sure if this is something we would look to add into Core, it would seem to fit better as an addon. I would be interested to see how this worked in game however.

EarthEntomb - This is too close to EarthGrab, instead of making a move we could just update EarthGrab. I do think having more functions to EarthGrab is needed.

EarthLaunch - Shouls be a combo, it would just work better. Good move.

SandSuffocation - Again I think this should be a combo, wouldn't really work well for one move because it doesn't have a lot of features.

LavaGimbal - I don't think this would look well in game; moving lava just looks laggy and wrong to me. It's also really strong because of the lava burn damage.

RaiseEarth - I agree that the move needs work so you can raise earth in different ways, however I don't think your suggestion is the way to go.

EarthPunch - This seems too similar to EarthLaunch.

MagmaRing - Seems to similar to LavaFlow, not sure what use it would have.

EarthRiff - Looks like an ability I designed a while back called EarthSpike, I think this can be merged with EarthLaunch and EarthPunch.

In general, we don't want a lot of abilities that look the same or do the same thing. There wouldn't be a need for 2 lava moves that create lava or 3 earth moves that send spikes out to your opponent. On top of that, big moves or moves that only have one function are better off as combos. This makes it so that we don't have lots of filler moves.

I appreciate the work in this post though, the gifs are helpful.

I'm think raiseearth columns (not the wall version) could be by default be 2x2x2 (like in the gif it was the size of aang's height). That's how the click version could be. 1x6x1 (the current size of the pillar) could be created through a jump (remember how Toph ascend in the air to avoid dai lee, than they did the same to follow her). What do you think about that @Loony?