• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Airbending move

Status
Not open for further replies.

aang lee

Verified Member
so i was thinking sense legend of korma there have been two showing of an air bending move were the airbender makes a sort of " T " position and shoots a gust of air out his hand

like this

Attachments

aang lee

Verified Member
actually it would be more powerful than arblast its would be kinda like sonic blast, sonic blast is a custom ability

Kwesi

Verified Member
actually it would be more powerful than arblast its would be kinda like sonic blast, sonic blast is a custom ability
This is honestly AirBlast but executed in a different position (like what has been said), so it doesn't really vary in power compared how we see AirBlast commonly performed.

Kwesi

Verified Member
its not fucking airblast
His movements were taught to him by Aang, who moved that way. They both airbend in similar ways because of that. Even if you do not believe it I have to make it abundantly clear to you the technique of airbending being executed that you show as an example for your suggestion is in fact AirBlast; it is a blast of air - nothing more - nothing less.

I understand that you went through the effort to try and forward a concept for a new bending ability inspired by what you have seen, which is great, it really is and is something that is absolutely encouraged for progressive and enjoyable purposes, but I'm afraid it is a misconception on your part. The ability demonstrated in that instance was none other than Air Blast. Sorry if that upsets you or you truly disagree, but you're wrong on this one. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I'd like to add that the only way it could be more powerful is if the blast knocked entities further back which isn't much of a consolation from the original air blast, unless you would also like the move to inflict damage in which case it wouldn't make sense considering this isn't slicing wind being produced. This should have more detail, "more powerful" doesn't give a proper description.

chazpants

Verified Member
well maybe it could be a charged airblast that does do a small amount of damage? Its air hitting you with force right?

Kwesi

Verified Member
well maybe it could be a charged airblast that does do a small amount of damage? Its air hitting you with force right?
A charged move should be an alternative function of the same ability, but how could that be possible when the control of charging is used for something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.