• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New Air Passive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
What?
This is what I am thinking, you know how when in the Legend of Korra Episode 1 Season 3, Bumi stopped a bowl being tossed by Meelo by bending it in a small sphere of airbending?
This proves that an Airbender is capable of stopping projectiles from coming towards them.

How?
Well first off, something like an arrow (lets just use an arrow for every example) needs to be flying towards the Airbender. While the arrow is in the air, the Airbender will have to look at the arrow and hold shift (doesn't matter with which move they do this with). Afterwards, the arrow will be inside a sphere of Air (like the suffocate bubble, but smaller) and will be pulled towards the Airbender and will be left in front of him. This will completely stop and station the arrow in the sphere right in front of them. The Airbender will be able to look around (WHILE STILL SHIFTING) and the air sphere with the arrow inside of it will move around with the player's head. The Airbender will be able to do 2 things at this point, either let go of shift and the arrow will be dropped on the ground for the player to pick up, or click while still shifting and the arrow will be shot in the direction the player clicked. ANOTHER THING: The Airbender will be able to hold shift with an arrow in their hand and the arrow will be transported to an air sphere right in front of them. They will be able to click to shoot the arrow allowing Airbenders to shoot arrows without a bow. I would imagine that if an Airbender had an arrow in the Legend of Korra, they would be able to do this.

How is it not OP?

Well first of all, its going to be a bit hard to focus on an arrow while its moving. Second of all, it would take a decently quick reaction time to preform this.

How can it be used for a game?
Well first another Airbender shoots an arrow at you with a bow. Then you stop it with this passive, then you shoot it back at the Airbender. Then he does the same, he throws it at you, and repeat. Anyone who gets hurt by the arrow loses.

I hope you liked this suggestion, thank you for your time! :D

Patented by Janny

SuperBower118

Verified Member
What?
This is what I am thinking, you know how when in the Legend of Korra Episode 1 Season 3, Bumi stopped a bowl being tossed by Meelo by bending it in a small sphere of airbending?
This proves that an Airbender is capable of stopping projectiles from coming towards them.

How?
Well first off, something like an arrow (lets just use an arrow for every example) needs to be flying towards the Airbender. While the arrow is in the air, the Airbender will have to look at the arrow and hold shift (doesn't matter with which move they do this with). Afterwards, the arrow will be inside a sphere of Air (like the suffocate bubble, but smaller) and will be pulled towards the Airbender and will be left in front of him. This will completely stop and station the arrow in the sphere right in front of them. The Airbender will be able to look around (WHILE STILL SHIFTING) and the air sphere with the arrow inside of it will move around with the player's head. The Airbender will be able to do 2 things at this point, either let go of shift and the arrow will be dropped on the ground for the player to pick up, or click while still shifting and the arrow will be shot in the direction the player clicked. ANOTHER THING: The Airbender will be able to hold shift with an arrow in their hand and the arrow will be transported to an air sphere right in front of them. They will be able to click to shoot the arrow allowing Airbenders to shoot arrows without a bow. I would imagine that if an Airbender had an arrow in the Legend of Korra, they would be able to do this.

How is it not OP?

Well first of all, its going to be a bit hard to focus on an arrow while its moving. Second of all, it would take a decently quick reaction time to preform this.

Well first another Airbender shoots an arrow at you with a bow. Then you stop it with this passive, then you shoot it back at the Airbender. Then he does the same, he throws it at you, and repeat. Anyone who gets hurt by the arrow loses.

Patented by Janny
I would honestly like this better if it was added to airbubble, because moves like tornado and airshield would conflict with this. With Airbubble, you would left click instead, pretty much representing how Bumi had to hold his hands out for the pocket of air to appear.

Verified Member
I would honestly like this better if it was added to airbubble, because moves like tornado and airshield would conflict with this. With Airbubble, you would left click instead, pretty much representing how Bumi had to hold his hands out for the pocket of air to appear.
i fell it should be a different move entirely if they can launch arrows with it but i agree it could be and airbubble add on like air pocket

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
What?

How?

How is it not OP?

Patented by Janny
Love it, love it, LOVE IT!

Janny

Verified Member
Well you see, that would make this passive pointless and almost impossible to do. Airbenders aren't going to walk around on their AirBubble slot (why would you even have AirBubble binded ._.) just in case they get struck by an arrow.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Because the air like a bubble with a hole in the middle. That's why.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Well you see, that would make this passive pointless and almost impossible to do. Airbenders aren't going to walk around on their AirBubble slot (why would you even have AirBubble binded ._.) just in case they get struck by an arrow.
It'll add an actual use to the move. Tbh, I don't see how a spout of air and using a sphere of air to catch an arrow are related.

Janny

Verified Member
Guys, I am sorry, but I don't think this should be an add-on to ANY move. Just let it be a passive. The passive would take decently quick reaction time as it is. Almost no one would be able to switch to a certain move and quick holdshift at an arrow flying straight at them.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Guys, I am sorry, but I don't think this should be an add-on to ANY move. Just let it be a passive. The passive would take decently quick reaction time as it is. Almost no one would be able to switch to a certain move and quick holdshift at an arrow flying straight at them.
But the problem is that almost all airbending abilities require holding shift...

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lol, that would be so easy xD

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think it not. It's not that hard (well except for you or& me), you just need to have good time reaction reflex to quickly switch to slots and activate it. Like we have airscooter - not everyone can do it, even I have strugle to do it, which requires the user to have a good skill over it, to perform the actual move. Even bending itself shouldn't be that easy to do.

Janny

Verified Member
I think it not. It's not that hard (well except for you or& me), you just need to have good time reaction reflex to quickly switch to slots and activate it. Like we have airscooter - not everyone can do it, even I have strugle to do it, which requires the user to have a good skill over it, to perform the actual move. Even bending itself shouldn't be that easy to do.
Thing is, I don't want this passive to be so hard to accomplish. When Bumi did it in season 3, he literally figured out he could Airbend like around 10 - 30 minutes ago.

promancer

Verified Member
Airbubble can also be seen as a sphere of air, which can be carried into water.
Not really, it's kept spherical because the radius is around the bender, while that was purposely shaped in a swirling sphere to keep it levitated, much like how airspout works.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Everyone has different reaction times. Making you bind AirBubble just for the possibility of arrows or really fast projectiles where you have a 25% chance of blocking is pointless. I agree with others, this should be more of an airshield passive with left click of some sort. Even that, I'm not sure if this is really needed. Everyone is still debating about the current airbending passive -- fall damage. Anyways, why make this when you can quickly shift airshield with a 100% chance of blocking any projectice (except lava ect.).

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
  • You can airshield to protect being hit by an arrow.
  • "But the problem is that almost all airbending abilities require holding shift... "
  • I have suggested a combo that allows to shoot arrows back from the benders inventory. With the help of airshield, you will be able to block enemy's arrows and collect them, and use them in a combo afterwards.

Loony

Verified Member
@Finn_Bueno_ if you were to do this passive, could you cancel a move to do this?

What I mean is, if an arrow is flying at you and you hold shift to capture it while on the AirShield slot, can you make it so that AirShield never activates?

Status
Not open for further replies.