• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Multi-ability Avatar State

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Think avatarstate could use more fun?
Well, I'm here to suggest a fun way to incorporate a couple of moves into this.
As we know, avatarstate is a defense mechanism used to impair the avatar with all the knowledge and wisdom of their past selves.

Suggestion
I'm thinking, maybe we could add some modes in avatarstate.

Activation
When avatarstate is bound, the bender can then right click which will grant the player speed and jump boost and the bender will have a small amount of white potion particles around them like potion effects. This activation won't necessarily do anything, but once the activation is activated, the bender's abilities will be cleared like waterarms and replaced with 5 modes.

Modes:
These abilities will be bound in the order of the modes in their hotbar/slots.

Mode 1 - AvatarState

This is normal avatarstate but when activated, it will create yellow/gold/orange particles around the bender.

Mode 2 - The Glow
The Glow is only used to perform 1 task (bending ability) ONLY. As Roku was explaining to Aang. "Avatars that have mastered Avatar State have learned to use The Glow to do single bending movement to prevent the risk of dying in the avatarstate."
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/7473707
Masterfully
"When the State is used intentionally, the Avatar's eyes, and tattoos in the case of an Air Nomad Avatar, glow momentarily, and during that time the current Avatar stores the knowledge and energy needed so that it can be released once exiting the State, taking only the power needed for a specific task. This reduces the danger of being killed in the Avatar State and enables a more willful, controlled use of the Avatar State's power. This can only be done by an Avatar who has mastered the State as it is a conscious use rather than an instinctual response. Mastery of this technique is part of what distinguishes an Avatar as "fully realized". However, Avatar Korra was seen several times entering the Avatar State continuously, despite having mastered it."

Source: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar

Mode 3 - Element Sphere
This mode is replaced by @jedk1 's elementsphere in JedCore

Mode 4 - SpiritBeam
Used to create a beam of energy used by Kuvira, Vattu, and Korra

Mode 5 - EnergyBending
The ability to take away a person's bending by making a bender stay still (like suffocate) then shift-right click to take/restore someone's bending.

How's this not OverPowered?
Like waterarms, the server owner have complete control over configuration and permissions.
Do note that all modes of AvatarState will have seperate permission nodes like waterarms.

Last edited:

jedk1

I like the concept, but you are forgetting that other moves like fireblast and lightning are affected by avatarstate too. Also, SpiritBeam has a config option to only work in avatarstate, and if people desire it, i can add a function to elementsphere too.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I like the concept, but you are forgetting that other moves like fireblast and lightning are affected by avatarstate too. Also, SpiritBeam has a config option to only work in avatarstate, and if people desire it, i can add a function to elementsphere too.
Maybe add a configuration blacklist to blacklist certain moves that you don't want to be affected by Avatar State?

Hero

Verified Member
Is ElementalSphere even a part of the PK plugin? PK doesnt have control over JedCore moves I think. So....

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Well... would it be possible to allow the Multi-Ability to pop up once, then you could select an ability to use. Left-Clicking AvatarState would activate the AvatarState, but you would stay in the "Selection Menu" as I like to call this. From here (after selecting AvatarState), you could use ElementalSphere, SpiritBeam, and Energybending at will. Perhaps selecting the Glow would allow an even more powered-up move, but the Avatar State would end. (Though this feature would be stupid and pointless if we're having AS have no cooldown. You would be able to do Energybending without fully going into AS, perhaps after selecting the Glow you would be able to perhaps do Energybending.

But finally, to try to make this idea more functional, we could spare a slot that would allow the person to exit the "Selection Menu". This would allow people to use the AvatarState and still have their buffed moves. (Though there would be a slight delay)

Also I'm thinking for SpiritBeam, it could have a feature to block other spirit beams that could be launched, left click then hold sneak to perform this, however, you must sneak near the time of the impact of the beam. This feature would be able to be used by activating the glow rather then having to fully enter the Avatar State.

Again, this is all if the Selection Menu idea is even possible.

Janny

Verified Member
I LOVE IT!
But for the Energybending part, you forgot to put that you can also give a player's bending back. :3

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Well... would it be possible to allow the Multi-Ability to pop up once, then you could select an ability to use. Left-Clicking AvatarState would activate the AvatarState, but you would stay in the "Selection Menu" as I like to call this. From here (after selecting AvatarState), you could use ElementalSphere, SpiritBeam, and Energybending at will. Perhaps selecting the Glow would allow an even more powered-up move, but the Avatar State would end. (Though this feature would be stupid and pointless if we're having AS have no cooldown. You would be able to do Energybending without fully going into AS, perhaps after selecting the Glow you would be able to perhaps do Energybending.

But finally, to try to make this idea more functional, we could spare a slot that would allow the person to exit the "Selection Menu". This would allow people to use the AvatarState and still have their buffed moves. (Though there would be a slight delay)

Also I'm thinking for SpiritBeam, it could have a feature to block other spirit beams that could be launched, left click then hold sneak to perform this, however, you must sneak near the time of the impact of the beam. This feature would be able to be used by activating the glow rather then having to fully enter the Avatar State.

Again, this is all if the Selection Menu idea is even possible.
As for the selection portion, when upon clicking avatarstate, it won't actually activate anything except give you some buffs (speed and jumpboost) and a small amount of potion effects around you.

I agree too because activating The Glow would absorb so much power just to perform 1 move :D!

HydroMan

Verified Member
For the energybending, you can give reference to Alex's addon.

Not sure what you wanna add to The Glow, as pretty much what you descrobed is already there in-game.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I disagree with this mostly because there is no real need for them to be combined. It would basically be like making a MultiAbility called firebending, and having 9 abilities in that. This would limit avatars in a way they shouldn't be.
Agree

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I disagree with this mostly because there is no real need for them to be combined. It would basically be like making a MultiAbility called firebending, and having 9 abilities in that. This would limit avatars in a way they shouldn't be.
Solid point, though I think the idea of adding spiritbeam or at least ES should be considered:

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Yes, very good point. But be very observative because most to all of these moves are in avatarstate so technically it's just adding different modes. But yes, you're right about it with the firebending example. Although, if most are these moves are performed in avatarstate (in show not game) then I don't see anything wrong with combining a required move to perform the other moves.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yes, very good point. But be very observative because most to all of these moves are in avatarstate so technically it's just adding different modes. But yes, you're right about it with the firebending example. Although, if most are these moves are performed in avatarstate (in show not game) then I don't see anything wrong with combining a required move to perform the other moves.
It limits the persons binds, making them unable to switch presets/binds while in avatarstate.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
It limits the persons binds, making them unable to switch presets/binds while in avatarstate.
True, but how I see it, it's actually compacting avatarmoves so you can use avatar moves with normal bounds then using 2-4 bounds to perform avatar and normal moves. Actually though, it's the same thing as avatarstate but in modes. Also, when you use avatarstate it goes back to your normal slots and you have to click the avatarstate to disable it, you don't have to go through all the modes to disable a mode, just disable avatarstate and it disables current modes.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
True, but how I see it, it's actually compacting avatarmoves so you can use avatar moves with normal bounds then using 2-4 bounds to perform avatar and normal moves. Actually though, it's the same thing as avatarstate but in modes. Also, when you use avatarstate it goes back to your normal slots and you have to click the avatarstate to disable it, you don't have to go through all the modes to disable a mode, just disable avatarstate and it disables current modes.
That's still pretty limiting and also unneeded. It's also more work than you should need to activate avatarstate and also to use those other abilities, and still have quick access to your other abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.