• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

More Canon Material?

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
In a recent thread a very interesting point was brought up,

I know I'll probably regret posting this, but I'd like to bring up the topic of non-canon bending. After talking to other people I realized that, as the main Avatar series has ended, it's becoming harder for people to come up with canon moves.
So I was like Hmm, is their really no outlet from where we can canonize our moves from? I opened up google and searched for a continuation of the Avatar series and found that there is in fact a continuation, it isn't a TV show though
its a comic book, penned by the creators of TLOK and TLA (Mike DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko)

Feel free to be skeptical.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I forgot to add that It hasn't been released yet and that if this has been posted already that I am sorry for double posting D:

cmcmcpc

Verified Member
I'll have to check that out sometime. Also hoping they make an animated adaptation (if it's any good :p).

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Tuesday, I had read all the comics and when I done. From them I had came up with about 4-5 ideas. People think that we ran out of ideas just because has ended, but they keep forgetting or neglecting the fact that ATLA continuous in a comics series form. If you be more attentive, you can notice loads of new bending techniques that weren't even displayed in the show, such as how Aang used remote airscooter on Zuko or where Katara used a similar variation of waterflow, to allow Sokka and his companion to slide down to the ground safely without falling.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Well truthfully we don't need all of the suggestions to be 'canon'... Great suggestions that aren't really from the show are made all of the time!