• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied MetalShield (Name subject to change)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyf

Verified Member
Footnote:
I am interested into incorporating wearing iron chestplate as a source for more metal-bending moves, as carrying something valuable like metal ingots isn't really viable in PvP and this means metal doesn't get as much play as something like Lava. I believe moves like this would be a good use for such a mechanic.

General Idea:
-While wearing an iron chestplate and having the 'MetalShield' slot selected, when you shift it would remove the iron armour from you and transform it into a 3x3 or 2x2 or even a 5 block cross shape (Depending on if 3x3 is too large) Iron shield which could be controlled in a similar manner to the current surge shield, when the shield is no longer required let go of shift and it re equips the chestplate. This would bolster Metal's limited set of abilities and create a neat way for metalbenders to block incoming abilities quickly.

Inspiration:
I got my inspiration for this move from the scene in which Suyin fights Kuvira aboard the spirit energy cannon. As you can see the GIF below is in reverse, but that is because I believe it represents the move better this way.

Requirements:
-Wearing an Iron Chestplate
-Be standing on solid ground
-Remain shifting

Why should this be implemented?:
-Move PvP based moves for Metal.
-A way for Metalbenders to reflexively block moves.

Short Scenario:
-Firebender charging combustion at a Metalbender, Metal bender can block it with MetalShield, before launching at them with catapult. (Pretty self explanatory move, It's essentially a surge shield, but made of metal, and works off of an iron chestplate.)

How will this not be overpowered?:
-The move will have a short cooldown, so that it cannot be used to block every single ability. This means that you are required to time its use and decide which move is best to block.
-The move also removes your equipped iron chestplate, making you more vulnerable to attacks from your back and sides.

Sidenote:
-Unsure if this is possible, but maybe add a mechanic so that the shots absorbed by MetalShield also decrease the cooldown of the iron armour?

Thank you for giving your time to read this suggestion, have a good day!~

Loony

Verified Member
Firstly, MetalShield is an addon ability. If you want to make a suggestion for that ability you need to make it on the JedCore page.
Secondly, this move doesn't actually have much use when you think about it.
What would this block?
If you're in an arena the chances are you won't have iron armour. Out of arena (such as the wilderness) if you're fighting with someone using armour and weapons the chances are you'll have diamond gear instead of iron or you won't be able to fit this move in because it would be much more effective to hit them back rather than use a shield, especially when using RaiseEarth or EarthGrab is much more effective as it's less situational and has less requirements.

Because of the above reasons, I don't think this ability would be useful and so I'm going to deny.

Status
Not open for further replies.