• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Lightning addition

NickC1211

Verified Member
Lightning:
This would be an addition to lightning that adds utility and practicality. What I am suggesting is that lighting should be able to interact with redstone devices and dust.

Features:
- The ability to power a trail of redstone without a button, lever, or pressure plate. If a player shoots lightning at a trail of redstone they should be able to power it.
- This would also allow for lightning benders to power rails, lamps, and pistons just by shooting lightning at them.
- It could be more advanced so that if the is a trail of redstone behind a block but no button or lever is present, you can shoot lightning at that block to power the redstone behind it.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
And If you could somehow continue holding on these lightning, it would stream the redstone input as If you're standing on the pressure plate.

Though, not sure If it's plausible in terms that minecraft doesn't really have redstone circus powered by electricity power and that thing itself (otherwise thunder/lightning would prove it If it had the ability to short-circuit or affect these mechanisms in some way).

Last edited:

NickC1211

Verified Member
And If you could somehow continue holding on these lightning, it would stream the redstone input as If you're standing on the pressure plate.

Though, not sure If it's plausible in terms that minecraft doesn't really have redstone circus powered by electricity power and that thing itself (otherwise thunder/lightning would prove it If it had the ability to short-circuit or affect these mechanisms in some way).
I agree that there should be a stream of electricity but I don’t know how that would be added because it should be hold shift and you already have to charge lightning. Also it is less of Minecraft mechanics and more of how the show depicted it.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I agree that there should be a stream of electricity but I don’t know how that would be added because it should be hold shift and you already have to charge lightning.
There we're threads that touched upon fluxing lightning.
Also it is less of Minecraft mechanics and more of how the show depicted it.
I know, but it doesn't translate well, because redstone circuit is completely different from real world and not powered by an electrical power/phenomena (kind of like adding mudbending with no mud existing in the game, so concept designers might find this skeptical as well). In gameplay, however, it does add a fun and practical usage. Therefor is why I like the idea of it.

NickC1211

Verified Member
There we're threads that touched upon fluxing lightning.

I know, but it doesn't translate well, because redstone circuit is completely different from real world and not powered by an electrical power/phenomena. In gameplay, however, it does add a fun and practical usage. Therefor is why I like the idea of it.
Yea I get what you’re saying buttons and levers aren’t exactly sources of power lol

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Though, have you tried using discharge? I heard that it can power mechanisms. Not exactly official in any ways, but just felt like sharing that fact.

AndDrew

Verified Member
I think it’d be cool if you click lightning it’d shoot out something like jedcore’s discharge.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I was thinking like a hold shift function that would stream electricity into the redstone until you release shift or go into cooldown
Nah. Lightning benders didn't really have to go in a stance.
Doesn't look like Zolt put constant focus into that, hence why I disagree to having to hold shift.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Nah. Lightning benders didn't really have to go in a stance.
Doesn't look like Zolt put constant focus into that, hence why I disagree to having to hold shift.
Maybe clicking constantly but that’s be more complicated. Think of like the click function of waterbubble and clicking every so often to keep the bubble. However if it is a click functions you run the risk of breaking the redstone which is why I thought hold shift

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Lightning:
This would be an addition to lightning that adds utility and practicality. What I am suggesting is that lighting should be able to interact with redstone devices and dust.

Features:
- The ability to power a trail of redstone without a button, lever, or pressure plate. If a player shoots lightning at a trail of redstone they should be able to power it.
- This would also allow for lightning benders to power rails, lamps, and pistons just by shooting lightning at them.
- It could be more advanced so that if the is a trail of redstone behind a block but no button or lever is present, you can shoot lightning at that block to power the redstone behind it.

I'm divided on this, as a bender I think this is cool and thematic, but as a redstone builder hell no.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Maybe clicking constantly but that’s be more complicated. Think of like the click function of waterbubble and clicking every so often to keep the bubble. However if it is a click functions you run the risk of breaking the redstone which is why I thought hold shift
Nah. Waterbubblers had to wave their hands a lot, lightningbends had to only toggle it on with one thrust of a finger.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Maybe Amon just amplified Zolt's chi paths for dramatic effect for the audience lol
Why would he try to impressed them? He looked on a lot of strain and pain when Amon removed his bending he STILL continue to bend it. Doesn't seem natural of anyone to do just do that (think it off as touching a metal pot with boilet water. Wouldn't your first action to that be "LET GO!" rather defying that unresistable urge?)