• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Jedcore support

GustavoGamer_MC

Verified Member
Does anyone know how to find jedcore for projectkorra v1.8.3,minecraft 1.11.2?
download please =)

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well, actually - it's still supported (by plushmonkey). People still continue on updating it. Don't think it's gonna go away anywhere and at anytime soon.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Hey, You should get your players to learn to deal with ProjectKorra defaults. Us as a community need to stop JedCore. JedCore is way too popular! There is no more support for JedCore, so we need to shut it down! JedCore is becoming an expected thing for Bending servers, and this is not ok! We all need to urge servers to remove JedCore!
This is excessively aggressive. We need to shut down this type of attitude.

JettMC

Verified Member
Hey, You should get your players to learn to deal with ProjectKorra defaults. Us as a community need to stop JedCore. JedCore is way too popular! There is no more support for JedCore, so we need to shut it down! JedCore is becoming an expected thing for Bending servers, and this is not ok! We all need to urge servers to remove JedCore!
If you don't want to use it on your server, it's okay, then do not use it. As MeskenasBoii said, people still support it, and it is still updating. This would take a really long time for "urging servers to remove JedCore" I honestly think that this actually never gonna work. Of course, I'm not against ProjectKorra or etc. But! Servers can use it whenever they want, and it is not your choise. "we" don't need to shut it down...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
The Only way I see jedcore losing popularity is IF PK took over some of its abilities or somehow enchance it own that dominates than what JC offers, therefor making it unnecessary to install.

Loony

Verified Member
This is excessively aggressive. We need to shut down this type of attitude.
It wasn’t aggressive in the slightest.
I agree this negativity shouldn't be on the forums. Lots of people love JedCore! Personally, I'd love to see what people can do with JedCore.
It isn’t negative either. He’s just staying his opinion to be honest; one that I agree with - bending servers shouldn’t rely on JedCore and they do right now, it’s awful. I don’t think that’ll be changing for a long time though.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
He's attempting to gather people to petition against someones hard work. I think we're reading different things. That's like someone trying to gather people to shut down your server just because it has a lot of players, which was the basis of his argument.

It's okay to say that you don't like JedCore and maybe persuade other servers to find alternatives, but no need to do it so aggressively and publicly. Just because you agree with something doesn't make it not aggressive. A collection of people worked hard on JedCore and were successful. It's not harming anyone and you don't have to use it. Just leave it be, no point in trying to get it removed.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
He's attempting to gather people to petition against someones hard work. I think we're reading different things. That's like someone trying to gather people to shut down your server just because it has a lot of players, which was the basis of his argument.

It's okay to say that you don't like JedCore and maybe persuade other servers to find alternatives, but no need to do it so aggressively and publicly. Just because you agree with something doesn't make it not aggressive. A collection of people worked hard on JedCore and were successful. It's not harming anyone and you don't have to use it. Just leave it be, no point in trying to get it removed.
It's not aggressive tho.. idk what you're so worked up about, they just stated their opinion.

Loony

Verified Member

I don’t really see it as aggressive, he’s sharing his opinion and is saying that he thinks people should band together to remove it and I’ve said things along those lines in the past sooooo.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
ProjectKorra development is slow and unpredictable. The JedCore add-on satisfies many of the areas that Pk lacks and with proper execution the plugin can feel complete.

I have had SOOOO many issues in the past with jedk1's work.
I have not. Since JedCore is being updated, seemingly more frequently than Pk, maybe you can suggest some fixes.

These "JED" plugins need to die out.
This is exactly what's aggressive about what you're saying.

but we need to learn to suggest to ProjectKorra to write things like this
We've been doing this for a very long time and have seen little results because "it's not the direction the plugin is going"

I can tell that you're passionate about this but you're going about it all wrong, you're preaching to the wrong people. Unless you can convince people that these unnamed issues are relevant enough to remove something they love, I doubt it's going anywhere. The best bet you have is if Pk actually starts implementing features to make the plugin feel whole.

People in the past have shown a similar amount of aggressiveness towards Pk rather than JedCore and they were faced with resistance. But now that others agree with this aggressiveness, they'd rather let it be. I do believe this is an example of hypocrisy.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Can we all please refrain from starting another redundant argument on JedCore vs No JedCore. Whatever @RoboToe said was his opinion, and how you view that opinion is yours. There is no right or wrong way to present one's opinion. That is exactly why it is called an opinion, and if you need to modify your opinion to appease the masses then you truly aren't stating your opinion, you are stating a passive/mollified version of your opinion and that is basically the same as lying. So for all extensive purposes can you guys just not extend this thread from beyond the simple question of "where can I find jedcore?".

Thank you.

AndDrew

Verified Member
I don’t hate a majority of jedcores moves but the imbalance that comes with them. Especially with air, it should have low damage and high mobility but with jedcore addons it’s possible to do 5 hearts (on most configs) just by cycling through your moves once.