• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion JedCore Moves in ProjectKorra (Core)?

xNuminousx

JedCore is very unbalanced
This is merely a problem with config not the plugin. You can disable the moves that are unfixable and then fix the ones that have potential just with the config.

JedCore breaks ProjectKorra in most cases.
This is not true. If it breaks for one it should break for all. If it's only breaking for some, that means they're doing something wrong.

nor well coded
JedCore is excellently coded. Not only that, but it's being updated all the time which we can't say for ProjectKorra.

ProjectKorra would probably do a better job making jedk1's moves
Can't recall 100% but I'm pretty sure that some people currently involved in ProjectKorra have made some of the moves in JedCore. I don't disagree that they'd do a better job but I think they'd be less efficient at it. They're struggling to work with what they currently have, no point in adding to the stress.

From what I've been reading your only problem is that JedCore is it's own plugin, but you'd be fine if it was merged with ProjectKorra. With these unnamed issues that keep being mentioned, you should go to the new developer of JedCore: plushmonkey.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
They're struggling to work with what they currently have, no point in adding to the stress.
We're not struggling. Every developer is too busy with life at the moment to dedicate time to pk, so there's just been a long period of time where nothing is being done. It will pick back up eventually, just gotta be patient.

On the point of the thread, we aren't in the process of adding more abilities currently. The past several betas and the next release are focused on bug fixes and stabilizing core. And I know most of the opinions in staff are not really in agreement with all the jedcore abilities, so it's not very likely many of them will be added when we get to a point where we decide to add more abilities. Just my thoughts on the subject

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
We should implement more balanced JedCore moves into ProjectKorra (Core)
nor well coded. ProjectKorra would probably do a better job making jedk1's moves because they are more up to date on how ProjectKorra works.
Can you stop this argument? You're thinking too higly PK devs. They're not some almighty beings that code on a godlike level. Their level of programming is like most other people. It's of a standard that's expected of most people who call themselves a developer.

Jed was (is? Don't know how the guy is doing) an excellent developer. He taught me some good and cool tricks, which I still use today. If his moves were to be implemented, the code would be altered little to not. It wouldn't be worth the hassle.

- JedCore breaks ProjectKorra in most cases.
This is honestly the server owner's fault. Are you failing at matching versions and dropping a JAR in a folder? Your fault really. What are you doing trying to set up a server if you fail at this.

xNuminousx

Because Finns point is saying that if they're going to add JedCore moves into Core then they'd be exactly the same. So if this dude is going to be consistent with his point, he'd then be upset with ProjectKorra rather than Jed.

So that's where this comes into play:
From what I've been reading your only problem is that JedCore is it's own plugin, but you'd be fine if it was merged with ProjectKorra.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Because Finns point is saying that if they're going to add JedCore moves into Core then they'd be exactly the same. So if this dude is going to be consistent with his point, he'd then be upset with ProjectKorra rather than Jed.

So that's where this comes into play:
Which, to me, makes it sound like this guy has a problem with Jedk1 as a person, not the plugin.

I mean, I get it if you have a problem with the guy, he can be a total dick to people, I can't/won't deny that. But it'd be better to just say that then.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Am I the only one who likes PK without jedcore? :(
That is fine, your opinion is completely valid. Different people have different tastes.

The majority of the players does like PK with JedCore. That's why most servers install JedCore, to target the bigger audience. That choice should be respected. If you don't like JedCore, your choice. Don't try to push it onto others though.

Though I do think OP meant initially to suggest PK taking over these abilities, but upon that next improving. OP didn't just elaborated, so it turned out to be vague and stirred up all the confusion here of misunderstanding. Subtle hint I would say.
We should implement more balanced JedCore moves into ProjectKorra (Core)
JedCore is very unbalanced, and I think ProjectKorra would do a good job balancing it. I think jedk1
Thus why he's suggestions fall flat here.