• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Icespikes from water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member

Would be a nice troll to those who firejet/airblast ;p (maybe Earthsmash too?)

AQ (Asked Questions):
Q.How useful do you think it would be?
A.Pretty much how regular icespike is;
Q.How hard would it be to make contact with someone flying?
A.Depending on what Height in config you set it to be (advise: set it as much higher as you want than the default given - makes a less situational and more effective in times when airbenders (or of any type in rare cases) are soaring towards/pass you.);

Last edited:

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think you should put more detail into this before posting. How useful do you think it would actually be? How hard would it be to make contact with someone flying? Personally, I think it would be incredibly situational and wouldn't be used much.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
How useful do you think it would actually be? How hard would it be to make contact with someone flying? Personally, I think it would be incredibly situational and wouldn't be used much.
  1. Pretty much how regular icespike is.
  2. 3. Depending on what Height in config you set it to be (advise: set it as much higher as you want than the default given - makes a less situational and more effective in times when airbenders (or of any type in rare cases) are soaring towards/pass you.)

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So you suggest we add a new ability, which is the exact same as Ice Spike, but a bit taller? I feel like that's very pointless, and as I said in my original comment, incredibly situational & would hardly benefit anyone.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
No. I'm Suggesting for icespike to raise a spike from water as well (not just from ice surfaces). If you find it very situational, then what's the point of having the current one too?

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I just don't see the benefit out of making it go higher up. It's still going to do the same thing won't it. I thought the whole point of it was to try hit people in the air like in the gif you provided.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Changed the height in config and you'll have a high icespike. Who said you cannot hit people? You're confusing me now. Have you ever used IceSpike at least once?

ernest9

Verified Member
The thing is, i feel like you should be able to keep an ice spike in the air for longer. Meaning that it could create some sort of stationary shield that's quite high but one wide. I think that... well yeah... we should be able to charge an IceSpike for it to stay in the air for about 10 seconds or so.

Matt

Verified Member
The thing is, i feel like you should be able to keep an ice spike in the air for longer. Meaning that it could create some sort of stationary shield that's quite high but one wide. I think that... well yeah... we should be able to charge an IceSpike for it to stay in the air for about 10 seconds or so.
I think it'd be cooler if they stayed until server reload or permanently (depending on config), This could lead to "griefing" but it would be really cool.

However it should only do damage if it hits something while it's being raised.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah, that's dope. I advise to post that in a new thread.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
While a charged IceSpike sounds cool this is much too situational
So you suggest we add a new ability, which is the exact same as Ice Spike, but a bit taller? I feel like that's very pointless, and as I said in my original comment, incredibly situational & would hardly benefit anyone.
AIRSCOOTER people. Let's also not forget Firejet. If a person was able to hit me with IceWall in jedcore while I was firejetting over a river, theoretically, the same should apply for icespike if the person is skilled enough.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
AIRSCOOTER people. Let's also not forget Firejet. If a person was able to hit me with IceWall in jedcore while I was firejetting over a river, theoretically, the same should apply for icespike if the person is skilled enough.
Honestly, I find it would be incredibly hard to land a hit on someone moving at that speed with a 1x1xheight pillar. That's kind of what I was talking about above.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I use raiseearth (pillars) to stop airscooters and I find that very easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.