• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

IceBridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Gonna be honest, I am kinda stealing/borrowed from here: (link). Though I honestly didn't like idea of adding it as a multiablility for WaterManipulation (and that ability of having any in general), but I do think this could fit into a combo , because the trigger I thought perfectly fits its process.

Let's imagine this scenario: there's a witdh fissure infront of you and you want to cross it without falling for whatever reason (let it be that someone is chasing you and want to kill you or ect.). You (meanwhile as a waterbender) have a 2x2 watersource near you, so you have an opportunity to easily and safely land on the other side of the ravine with the trusty waterwave. However, you are with a group of friends, you won't like to leave them. You of course could just surge them over, but that is a bit risky, because you can't know where you might send them off launching to who knows where.

With this combo, you can create a ice bridge where you decide, giving the chance for everyone to cross it and leave it for later usage before it reverts back to air (5-14 min)

Written Combo Code: WaterWave > PhaseChange (Left Click) > Surge (Left Click) or WaterWave > Surge (Left Click) > Surge (Crouch)
Combo Explanation: Setting up a waterwave (left click + hold sneak) will create a circling stream like how it usually is. While keeping it rotated, click with PhaseChange. After that, Left Click with surge to launch it as an ice version, waterwaving without you. Another alternative way you can operate the combo by clicking with Surge to launch the wave than sneak while its running to freeze.
Result: After activating the combo, the wave will be sent off while your standing in place without carrying you away. Once the wave reaches it's maximum distance, it will freeze over and it will stay there for over pretty long unidentified amount of time before it dissolves out of existence. You can also vapourise it away with PhaseChange sneak If you assist not to wait for that. Anyone can walk on and over it. The Sole purpose of this bridge is to give the usage of crossing deeps but narrow moats quickly but it can also be used to save some lifes, since waterbenders take no damage when landing directly on ice.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm sorry for smokescreening you, as I thought you wouldn't notice me stealing it. I'll be sure to ask permission next time :p

Fyf

Verified Member
It seems like more of an Ice mechanic than anything, I'd consider implementing it into an icespike rework that projects a longer spike of ice to a target location, which would also in turn create a "Bridge" of ice to walk along.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'd consider implementing it into an icespike rework that projects a longer spike of ice to a target location, which would also in turn create a "Bridge" of ice to walk along.
That makes no sense, but be free to do so. I only care for this move to exist in some form :p

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think the start (from where the wave is launched) of the bridge's end would attached here, which would be one block towards the user.

Green

Verified Member
Why not active by a combo?

Icespike (Shift on water or ice source) -> Surge (click in direction) -> Phasechange (Click)

The ice will shot out of the water source and will fonts be 1 block wide and then when it's done forming it will become 3 blocks thick. And this process will not be slow or fast just normal.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It is a combo! IceSpike is less involved in making a structure like this, so I'm no gonna replace waterspout with anything else of what you think is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.