• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Hello, How can i make a Leveling System in my private server with Permissions?

Lucas Coelho

See, I'm new and I use aternos to run my server. On this private server I play with my friends and would like a system that doesn't saturate the players with information. We know that for new players project korra has too much information, so a level up (using PermissionsX) system in Project korra would be perfect as it would allow players to spend more time on the server training (it's fun) setting goals and unleashing more power.
I understand how permissions work but I don't know anything about programming, how can I make experience bars (or numbers) in any way that allows them to unlock skills slowly?
Can someone please give me a simple idea?
It just needs to look good and balanced.

I intend to create 5 temples of legend hidden in the server, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water and Chi where the players will receive their first and only element.
And with the use of basic skills, they level up while keep the track of their progress, unlock and strengthen their powers.

Chaoz

Verified Member
Howdy, hotmen!
You should start with negating the player's bending permissions for your default role, then make children roles inheriting from the default one that will have the starter moves you want them to have when they gain access to their element.
As for progressively unlocking abilities as they level up, there are multiple ways to do, but not really with PEX and PK alone.
If you have a small server, then you could just tell your players to ask you for moves once they reach a certain level. But that way, your players will become dependable on you and your staff who have admin permissions. And it'll make no sense for them to still have moves if they die and lose their XP.

Another easy way to go about it could be by using Skript, DeluxeMenus, ServerSigns or Vouchers. Or a combination of them all, or a custom plugin.
With DeluxeMenus, you could make a GUI shop where players can buy moves in exchange for XP.
With Skript, you can check for when your players reach a certain level and then give them permissions to abilities, or make them change groups once they reach a certain level. And then that group could have the abilities you want.
With ServerSigns, you could do the same as with DeluxeMenus but with signs instead of a GUI. The one downside to that is that your players will have to go to where-ever you set up the signs, and so can't unlock abilities from anywhere.
With Vouchers, you can make Right-clickable scrolls that will execute commands such as giving a player a permission node. This is good for if you want your players to grind dungeons for getting skills rather than levelling up for getting skills, and can be used to make your server more fun for your players.

This is just what I could come up with on the spot.
Goodluck m8