• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Group/ Team Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyf

Verified Member
Not sure if this has been suggested before, Nor am I sure if it is possible to even implement.

General Idea:
-Groups of two or more benders who are in a registered group (PK or external team plugin) together can combo their moves together to create a more powerful combo, the more benders required for the combo, the stronger it is.

Inspiration:
I gained my inspiration for this idea from the scene in which Wei & Wing (The Beifong brothers from LOK) work together to lift a large chunk of Rock from the ground and throw it into a large group of Earth Empire soldiers.

Requirements:
-Be in a group party/ team.
-Be within a certain radius of each other.
-Use the required abilities within a certain time window of each other.

Why should this be implemented?
-It would bring a focus onto team based PvP and RPG groups.
-It would make it more rewarding and dynamic to work as a team.
-Who doesn't want super charged group combo moves?

Possible example scenario:
(Dont judge on the move names, I'm awful at naming things.)
-Fire comet
-Requires 2 Firebenders, 1 Earthbender in the group
-Earthbender creates an Earthsmash, Firebenders both shoot a charged fireblast at it within 10 seconds.
-Earthsmash is replaced with a 'Fire comet'
-Earthbender can then control the Fire comet like a normal Earthsmash (non-rideable) and fire it.
-When the Fire comet makes contact with surface it deals a large amount of damage to all entities inside it and explodes to deal a large amount of block/ terrain damage (Reverts after time) and leaving fire in the resulting crater.
How will this not be over used and over powered?:
-Each group combo will have a very long cool-down, making them only usable once or twice in a large scale team fight.
-They will more than likely be more complex and harder to pull off than the quick example I described.

Thanks for giving your time to read this, have a good day.

Last edited:

Varni1

Verified Member
I feel like this idea is very neat. Although the grouping idea seems a bit too vague. Possibly hooking into parties or another group plugin (Factions, Guilds, etc.) may be needed. Or entirely, the bending plugin can be smart enough to recognize a group...

Fyf

Verified Member
This is what I meant by grouping, Such as a team system implemented into PK, or using an external one.

Status
Not open for further replies.