• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

General Updates (11/8/2014)

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, long time no talk. I am creating this thread just to pass along a couple of development updates.

A couple of weeks ago I made a post (and then accidentally deleted (yes it was really an accident) it the next day) that detailed that development would essentially freeze for a couple of weeks because I was as busy as I was. I can now say that my schedule is beginning to clear -- at least for now.

I haven't even looked at an ounce of code for ProjectKorra -- or any project, in weeks. I do know that there are some things that were worked on by some of our other developers, and that will be released soon. This weekend we will be discussing what we still need to work on for 1.5.0 of ProjectKorra (Core) and v1.0.0 of ProjectKorra (RPG).

That said -- Development should begin to pick up near regular speed (Regular being what it was before I got super busy and things). I will likely post another update in the near future (Before next week) that details where we are exactly, but I have a lot of catching up to do.

Thanks for the read!

Madocean

Joe...? o_O I guess that was to be expected... but MAN i love the bending plugin and i plan to make a server of my own to practice bending, any advice? (as in like setting the server up, im very new to programming...)

Last edited:

Joeri

Joe...? o_O I guess that was to be expected... but MAN i love the bending plugin and i plan to make a server of my own to practice bending, any advice? (as in like setting the server up, im very new to programming...)
Haha, i've been here for a while :)
Well, I would like to give advice since i have a small server of my own.
First of all: Do you run it on your own computer?
Secondly: Do you plan to make it a big server?

Madocean

lol x3 I do want to run it on my own computer, and for the second one i might debate making it public, but i dont have any huge plans yet

Helios

You need to port forward.
Hosting a server takes a few semi-complicated steps. Also, you probably cant get your hands on Bukkit anymore, which is what you need to run a server. My advice would be to go on a public server that has bending.

Madocean

Ive been playing on benderscraft for years now and i really just want a private server now, like for practice and stuff :L