• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Ender Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Hey guys ! I wish to share another simple concept for the resource pack that I think would introduce more from the Avatar universe into vanilla minecraft. What I was thinking was to make the Ender Dragon look like Vatu as at the end of the day the spirit of evil is most suited as the final boss battle :D

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
You're going about this all wrong. Think about it. What would be cooler to make look like Vaatu?
WitherBoss_3379754.jpg Vaatu.png
The shape is even vaguely similar, and their offensive behavior is similar. Now, he may not shoot spirit energy beams, but I'm sure the wither skull entity texture can be messed with. The Ender dragon should be something else.

Attachments

Helios

Verified Member
IF you wanted to make the ender dragon look like Vaatu, you would have to change the Ender Dragons' model. And you can't do that with plugins.

Archiuz

Verified Member
You're going about this all wrong. Think about it. What would be cooler to make look like Vaatu?
View attachment 500 View attachment 502
The shape is even vaguely similar, and their offensive behavior is similar. Now, he may not shoot spirit energy beams, but I'm sure the wither skull entity texture can be messed with. The Ender dragon should be something else.
Good suggestion, however we are not changing entities at this point in time.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
You could just leave the side head's with a transparent texture and the wither might work with a Vaatu texture.

Archiuz

Verified Member
It doesn't matter as long as it's at least considered for the future.
I don't think it will be used, solely for the reason of we want to create mobs rather than retexture them, see Korra Client. I will however release a texture people may use

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
IF you wanted to make the ender dragon look like Vaatu, you would have to change the Ender Dragons' model. And you can't do that with plugins.
Not with a plugin but with a resource pack it is possible.
I appreciate the feedback from all of you by the way.
View attachment 500 View attachment 502
Well I thought that Vatu was the hardest villain/entity Korra had to go against so it seamed logic for me to use the Ender Dragon who is the end boss in minecraft.
The shape really doesn't matter as the entity model can be changed.( with minecraft 1.9 it will be possible to edit the player model as well )
Also Korra didn't had to kill wither skeletons to get their heads and then place them on top of soul sand to summon Vatu
I would recommend the ender dragon to look like Zuko's dragon.
I really like that idea. I just can't really think of a reason why Zuko's dragon would attack you

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Well I thought that Vatu was the hardest villain/entity Korra had to go against so it seamed logic for me to use the Ender Dragon who is the end boss in minecraft.
The shape really doesn't matter as the entity model can be changed.( with minecraft 1.9 it will be possible to edit the player model as well )
Also Korra didn't had to kill wither skeletons to get their heads and then place them on top of soul sand to summon Vatu
Well, korra didn't have to activate a portal underground and go to an alternate dimension made of endstone with crystals that heal a dragon that lives there.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Well, korra didn't have to activate a portal underground and go to an alternate dimension made of endstone with crystals that heal a dragon that lives there.
Well played sir ;)
But she did have to open a portal at the end of the day

HydroMan

Verified Member
The Enderdragon could have the texture of a yellow pheonix thing that If I recall her fightning her/him.

Varni1

Verified Member
In my opinion, Vaatu would rather be easier to texture with wither instead of ender dragon...

paliate

Verified Member
Marked as Denied.
I don't see this happening any time soon.
Nor is this an area of the pack we're looking into exploring at this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.