• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Edit to WallOfFire

Status
Not open for further replies.

paliate

Verified Member
I believe that walloffire should do damage to the bender who is doing it.
If you think about it logically it should, Fire is fire and it burns.
It isn't rational why it shouldn't cause damage to the bender using it.
If you think about it, fireblast can hurt the bender, combustion can, blaze can, lightning can, and so forth.

Gold

Verified Member
I believe that walloffire should do damage to the bender who is doing it.
If you think about it logically it should, Fire is fire and it burns.
It isn't rational why it shouldn't cause damage to the bender using it.
If you think about it, fireblast can hurt the bender, combustion can, blaze can, lightning can, and so forth.
Yeeeeeeess I remember in a old version of Orion it did hurt you but now people are making op combos ;-;

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't like the idea of removing the anti knockback from the user. I firejet a lot through my walloffire, and I could counter that with heat control if it would be changed, but if it just doesn't let me through...

paliate

Verified Member
That wouldn't be accurate since it actually makes no sense for you not to take damage.
I think your thinking about the way you use it and not how it should be, logically i mean.
We all use it in different ways and this wont benefit everyone but i think we should think about this more realistically and take the emotion out of the decision.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That wouldn't be accurate since it actually makes no sense for you not to take damage.
I think your thinking about the way you use it and not how it should be, logically i mean.
We all use it in different ways and this wont benefit everyone but i think we should think about this more realistically and take the emotion out of the decision.
I'd use heat control to go through it, but if it would completely attack me, it just wouldn't let me through...

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Maybe if the user uses heatcontrol they can avoid damage, just like the passive selection ability and how you can walk through fire blocks. It makes sense that the user would be able to do that with their own fire. In my opinion, only the creator of the Wall of Fire should be able to avoid damage through this method.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Logic in bending is something for the RPG part of Project Korra. The idea itself has it's logic but as a firebender's main defence it would bring something that I can only describe as an unbalance. I am not going to cast my vote on this because of how controversial it is but if anything it should be configurable (off by default), in the RPG plugin and as the others have suggested above using heatcontrol would cancel it's effects.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
If the animations for walloffire were improved you'd probably see that should a firebender go through their wall, they would probably part the flames as they go through. Speaking as a non-fire I believe removing a very effective strategy isn't all too smart. Maybe it does make sense, but it's still going to be a very heavy hit to firebenders out there. Which I do not agree with. Way I see it, eventually firebenders will just avoid walloffire entirely because of how counterproductive placing one down is. Should fire stop relying on their walls, then I see no problems picking them off as an airbender/earthbender. The ability is best used when you get in close with an opponent. Be that firejet into their face, or corner them in a hole. Walloffire is meant to make fire equal to earthbenders in close quarter combat i.e. caves. When I main air, the only thing that makes fire a challenge for me is their constant firewall placement. If they stopped doing that entirely I don't think I will have as fun fights with fire again. Mainly because they charge in, place wall, and fight within it as well.

A strong no from me, summed up a few reasons why as well;
1) Unbalance fire's close quarter strategies
2) Shake up firejet/firewall charging strategies.
3) While logical, counterproductive.

I see where you're coming from this, but I have to disagree simply because fire would suddenly get too easy for me. Not to mention it already is when I am water.

paliate

Verified Member
Using heatcontrol to get through it is a great suggestion.
I see where you guys are coming from though, but i feel as though making this as real as possible is best (just my opinion).
It would be great if you could not take damage while flying through it considering
The way i see it, you'd be going too fast to really take damage from it, have you ever held a lighter and just moved your hand through it fast?
You can't even feel it, We've also seen benders jump through fire without a scratch, but the main reason i made this thread is because of people just running through it and the other bender having to go around, it just doesn't make sense to me from a certain point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.