• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
EarthDrag

EarthDrag 1.2.1

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Simplicitee submitted a new resource:

EarthDrag - Earth utility

EarthDrag

Element: Earth

Description: This ability pulls items on earth towards you. Crops that are ready to be harvested will be pulled up, and arrows stuck in the ground will turn into items.

Function: Sneak

Permission: bending.ability.earthdrag

Versions: Latest pk and spigot...
Read more about this resource...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Sadly, cabbages aren't a thing in minecraft.
Is that suppose to be analogy in a counter-argument to mine? Well I got tell ya, it's not the related one and best kind. This ability might as well pull water, cuz it isn't a thing for earthbenders in minecraft as well.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
ew 1.8 sucks
1.8 was still a superior update, in my opinion. The chunk loading changes, redstone changes, armor stands, more commands for map makers... I still think the 1.8 update was better than 1.9 and 1.10 combined xD (It's also so much faster for servers)

That said, I'm not going to lag behind on updates over a stupid reason like that. Gotta keep up with the latest if you want people to use the plugin/your server ;)

Loony

Verified Member
Review;

I feel like this ability is pretty useless right now. You can easily just walk around and pick those items up and you wouldn't usually have this ability bound because that's the only use it has so you'd have to bind the ability.
I think this ability could be better if you also allowed the move to drag players and mobs towards you. That can be useful to combo with lava flow, confusing your enemies, etc.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I feel like this ability is pretty useless right now. You can easily just walk around and pick those items up and you wouldn't usually have this ability bound because that's the only use it has so you'd have to bind the ability.
Unless you're in situation where it is one block gab and it is surrounded with something painfull to break like obsidian without pickaxe, so afterall this proves it very benefical ability. Thought, instead of having an new ability for it to clutter the never ending bending list on most server, imo this could be applied to earthblast with the trigger of pointing your cursor on these entities.

GreenFire69

Verified Member
Review;

I think this ability could be better if you also allowed the move to drag players and mobs towards you. That can be useful to combo with lava flow, confusing your enemies, etc.
And also, it would be better if you could pick up arrows stuck on walls
It's just a little something, but it could help a lot

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Unless you're in situation where it is one block gab and it is surrounded with something painfull to break like obsidian without pickaxe, so afterall this proves it very benefical ability. Thought, instead of having an new ability for it to clutter the never ending bending list on most server, imo this could be applied to earthblast with the trigger of pointing your cursor on these entities.
I won't do this. It's a situational ability and only meant for utility. You shouldn't really have it bound unless you need it.
Review;

It's not very useful in those situations as they could just jump off of the ground to escape the pull.

Loony

Verified Member
I won't do this. It's a situational ability and only meant for utility. You shouldn't really have it bound unless you need it.

It's not very useful in those situations as they could just jump off of the ground to escape the pull.
Cancel the jump event while they're being dragged? They're being dragged so fast they wouldn't be able to jump.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Cancel the jump event while they're being dragged? They're being dragged so fast they wouldn't be able to jump.
Close, but the "jump" event we use is a non-cancelable one. Reason being because it uses the BlocksJumped stat to test when they have jumped.

You could give them a jump boost potion effect with a negative level. That will prevent them jumping.

Edit: Sorry for being that guy as well. Kinda just realized how awful I sound telling people that their ideas won't work. Sorry :S

Loony

Verified Member
Close, but the "jump" event we use is a non-cancelable one. Reason being because it uses the BlocksJumped stat to test when they have jumped.

You could give them a jump boost potion effect with a negative level. That will prevent them jumping.

Edit: Sorry for being that guy as well. Kinda just realized how awful I sound telling people that their ideas won't work. Sorry :S
Actually you just said it can work :p