• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthBending Fall Damage Rework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I am wondering if its possible to make it that when an earth bender is falling instead of changing the area into sand, it would make a crater lined with the respective blocks you form. These respective blocks would work like this. This was suggested by @Meskenas-Chi_Blokeris. Here is a link to the full thread.
Instead of turning every earth block to sand where the feet dive in, the following blocks in this list should change into the following:
  • Stone >> Gravel
  • Hardened Clay >> Clay
  • Ore >> Gravel
  • Grass >> Dirt
  • Corresponding SandStone, Chiseled and Smooth >> corresponding sand
  • Mycelium >> Mycelium
  • Netherrack >> Sandstone
And for other possible blocks that presumably will be added into the list in the future:
  • Path >> Dirt
  • Magma > Stone
  • Lava >> Obsidian (Wondering why this still isn't a thing of now?)
Blocks that are turned into will stay the same. Blocks that aren't in the list by default will change either into stone or like how currently - into sand. Personally, I don't think there are other realistic ways to turn iron, gold (which is strangely enough for me to even see it in the metalbendable list) ,and quartz into any blocks, so I think metalbenders should be limited in taking fall damageon their type of blocks.
Here is a gif I made to represent how it would work. I am aware of its apparent cringeyness and due to the time constraints on making a gif, I couldn't show u the regenerating part of it.I

I personally don't see any problems with landing in a crater, so feel free to address any my fellow earth benders.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
You should probably add different depths of craters according to the higher you fall.

Btw I love this. But it might be difficult to get out though. But oh well.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You should probably add different depths of craters according to the higher you fall.

Btw I love this. But it might be difficult to get out though. But oh well.
Well noted.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Perhaps not as deep as shown in the gif, but certainly worth considering! Alternatively, more fitting blocks like grass>dirt instead of grass>sand could be great, or the 1.9 paths could be useful.

Also, did that say "Thanks, earthbending! You saved me!"? Brilliant.

Looking into!

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Perhaps not as deep as shown in the gif, but certainly worth considering! Alternatively, more fitting blocks like grass>dirt instead of grass>sand could be great, or the 1.9 paths could be useful.

Also, did that say "Thanks, earthbending! You saved me!"? Brilliant.

Looking into!
Yes yes it did say that. XD the # covered it up sadly.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Too cringy

But seriously, the only concern I have for this is how shockwave would react to this when you fall.
It's funny how no concept designer mentioned that before this got marked In Development.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Too cringy

But seriously, the only concern I have for this is how shockwave would react to this when you fall.
It's funny how no concept designer mentioned that before this got marked In Development.
Shockwave works on slopes. Atleast in beta 12

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
In general or when shockwave is selected the terrain wouldn't change apart from blocks, leaving no crater.

That's how I would set it.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yeah, but if you use falling shockwave, the crater shouldn't appear imo.

Like how Korra shockwaved Tarrluq
I think if you shockwave, it should form a larger crater that regenerates a little faster than normal falling

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
To seem as if your actually creating a wave of earth in all directions.

Green

Verified Member
What about shockwave just starting at the edge of the crater? Like on ground level, instead of right next to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.