• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earthbender: "I need a shield! The Surface that I'm standing presented isn't earth. I wish I could bend the earth blocks that are scattered around above this ground or even those that are in the air floating, to make myself a wall out of them. To bad it's impossible!"

Me: "Not anymore! Because I'm here to the save the day (for earthbenders). I'm requesting a technique that crouching while pointing on nothing solid will pull all those scattered blocks into a shield in 15 block radius around the user (or... just code it that are in front the user if that seems less realistic and too overpowered) to him and will glue all of them into a one chunk of wall in front of him or her. The Size of the barrier will of course depend by the available blocks. If you do point on a non-rocky block while doing so, this row of barrier will be formed on that block's location.

Later on, I'll give you an actual demonstration of this concept (might as well ask a developer to code this).

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Ok, first off, you're not 'saving the day' by requesting something. Second, I've never seen an area with 'scattered' earth blocks around the place. (In minecraft).

Ok, first off, you're not 'saving the day' by requesting something. Second, I've never seen an area with 'scattered' earth blocks around the place. (In minecraft).
Actually I am saving the day. Look what Aang did? In minecraft, he would have been screwed and even more likely if he hadn't knew how to use other elements. With my request (if it will be introduced), earthbenders have some advantage to defend themselves in they happen to appear in this situations. :)

Arenas aren't the only thing were benders fight. There are some servers that have the bending combat happening in wild often.

Hero

No. If this was to replace RaiseEarth, then it will cause problems.

Look what Aang did? In minecraft, he would have been screwed and even more likely if he hadn't knew how to use other elements.
Aang could've jump out of the way with air. Or if we were his position, we could've just catapulted away. While I do this Earth needs a shield move that you can move around, this isn't the way to go.

No. If this was to replace RaiseEarth, then it will cause problems.
To clarify, this will only work if the crossheir is pointing an a non-earth block. If not, it will function of the raiseearth we have no (no scattered blocks will work).
Or if we were his position, we could've just catapulted away
Look at what he was standing - metal. Nobody ever knew at that time that it was possible to metalbend, and he even said notable phrase "What I give up to be a metalbender" after being fatigue cutting that drill with a water razor.

Last edited:

Hero

To clarify, this will only work if the crossheir is pointing an a non-earth block. If not, it will function of the raiseearth we have no (no scattered blocks will work).

Look at what he was standing - metal. Nobody ever knew at that time that it was possible to metalbend, and he even said notable phrase "What I give up to be a metalbender" after being fatigue cutting that drill with a water razor.
This suggestion is still very situational. This move would only work if the earthbender wasn't standing on something catapultable. If that was the case, then he couldnt even do this move because there wouldn't be any earth around to use it on.

If that was the case, then he couldnt even do this move because there wouldn't be any earth around to use it on.
He could, because he would probably not to when all the earth is literally everywhere on the surface. In the plugin, it would be necessary to even pull the scatter blocks when they are already there were you are standing, so that's why I think this variation should work there's no earthy surface around 15 blocks and below the bender.
What action in minecraft makes blocks get "scattered all over the place"?
Tornado for a example, when it spins around and throws all the blocks around it when punching the 1x1 tower of sand. Or anyone else who decide to just place them above the ground for what ever reason .

Hero

Tornado for a example, when it spins around and throws all the blocks around it when punching the 1x1 tower of sand. Or anyone else who decide to just place them above the ground for what ever reason .
Sand in that instant is an entity block. Of course Tornado is going to fling it because it's not a complete block yet. If you are suggesting for earth to become an entity block, then this should be denied. You cannot control entity blocks and it is still very situational. We need moves that can be used in most situations. Not a move that can only be used when "Anyone else who decide to just place them about the ground for what ever reason." or because some arena didn't have a map reset.

This suggestion is still very situational. This move would only work if the earthbender wasn't standing on something catapultable. If that was the case, then he couldnt even do this move because there wouldn't be any earth around to use it on.
Wait, you were talking about catapult? Oh lol... No wait I'm confused

Last edited:
Sand in that instant is an entity block. Of course Tornado is going to fling it because it's not a complete block yet. If you are suggesting for earth to become an entity block, then this should be denied. You cannot control entity blocks and it is still very situational. We need moves that can be used in most situations. Not a move that can only be used when "Anyone else who decide to just place them about the ground for what ever reason." or because some arena didn't have a map reset.
Fine it can be non entity, but I wasn't suggesting anything about entity blocks. This is a move that can be used in most situations. Standing on something non bendable, but there are blocks above it should somhow magically allow him not to bend into a shield? That will make the bender look dumb, because (s)he's better left dying from a fireblast with one heart left, while the required blocks are still there to allow shielding, but with the sources in a different position situated.

If surge can be spawed without being drag from its body of water origin, why can't RaiseEarth? Except that the blocks for it will be dragged and shape into a wall, making it realistic than the other elemental. I would prefer that the surge wouldn't appear at the start detached, but all I can do is wait for the coders to make that change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.