• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Earth Fencing (Ability)

Da Psic

In the show we continuously see earthbenders punching and karate chopping projectiles, as well as reflecting them.

Earth Fencing (Ability)

Left Click - Deal 3 damage close range. Deflect(delete) any incoming earth bending projectiles.
Shift Left Click - Deflect(delete) an earth projectile or punch trough earth. (Allowing going trough raiseearth, etc)
Right Click - Render the nearby earth projectile immobile.
Right Click Nearby Ground - Raise one block. Also this block is carried around.
Shift Right Click - Throw nearby immobile earth (feet Y.position and above), in a straight line(earth blast).
Standing on earth, Jump - Jump to where mouse is pointing with increased speed.
Sprint - Gain speed I if you have no other speed buffs

If wearing metal armor:
Left Click(Torso) -
Deal 2 extra damage close range.
Sprint(Boots) - Also gain knockback immunity.
All else is the same.

All functions should work while jumping so you can stop and send projectiles mid-air.

Best example in the show(probably): Just at the start 0:14 .

Viosient

Seems pretty over-powered, as this move would be used on other elements aswell. I also don't think ProjectKorra (or mc, or something) registers right-clicks, it only registers when right clicking on the ground I think.

Pride

If wearing metal armor:
Left Click(Torso) -
Deal 2 extra damage close range.
more buffs when wearing armor? iron boots ex machina. why

Right Click - Render the nearby earth projectile immobile.
Right Click Nearby Ground - Raise one block. Also this block is carried around.
Shift Right Click - Throw nearby immobile earth (feet Y.position and above), in a straight line(earth blast).
ok, in summary because im lazy; right click and shift right click at nothing = no

Standing on earth, Jump - Jump to where mouse is pointing with increased speed.
so like a speed buff or like you jump... and land where you jump?

so in conclusion: why is it so overpowered maybe not make it too overpowered ok thanks

Da Psic

It only works against earth bending, it is barely usefull agaisnt any other type of bender aside from quick jumps and hit and run tactics.
You'd be better off using earthsmash catapult against other benders and mobs included.
Iron manipulation just like in the video hence the buffs.
If anything it is under powered.

Doesn't matter if right clicking doesn't work now, it might work in the future.(gotta tweet minecraft about that)

Many abilities in here could be programmed to simply intregrated with existing abilities, like |Deflect(delete) an earth projectile" for earthblast (on contrary, actually it already exists) and "one block is carried around" but with catapult, as they are just extention. Sorry, your suggestion has very little creativity and diversity (Throw nearby immobile earth (feet Y.position and above), in a straight line(earth blast) ? Such a pointless technique compared to what earthblast does more). The Jumping one is already called CATAPULT and I thought eartharmor does manipulate iron.

I do agree earth as a bending art needs tweaking and improvement from certain aspects, but this ability won't do justice. It's just excuse to cramp abilities of existing ones to a glorified one that does very little to improve the element. Some are good, but the way you want to going on this make this ability redudant.

The Element emphasized of being rooted to the ground. I hardly see toph ruining to be honest... Airbender? Probably, but then again mobility just does fine for avoiding and dodging attacks.

TL;DR:
- Deflection already exists.
- Render earth projectile immobile? Can you present with a visual? Dunno If I envision it right.
- Block carried around could be incorperated to catapult while the user has EARTHBLAST selected (If that's you meant by carried around in such vector)
- The Two Following exists, except they're much better as what you suggested.
- Giving speed to earthbenders? That wouldn't make much sense as giving them jump boost over air, or manuevability underwater.

- Nothing special [left click torso] from earthblast. Copycat.
- Sprint(booths): don't like the idea, because again - that's not how earthbending works on it's principle.

Last edited:

Da Psic

Earthblast redirects and collides with other benders abilities, this does not. you can see in the video they shatter rocks thrown at them.
EarthSmash stops other earthsmashes and overrides earthblasts.
Catapult is a huge jump, this is a small jump boost for precision purposes.
This would be the only earth fighting ability that allows you to go trough earth.

Earthbenders throughout the show use the earth to move faster or completely stop them from moving. They don't stand around doing nothing, especially the Dai'li style of earthbending. Toph and King Bumi had a very specific bending style.

This is a "fencing" ability. Like in the video shown, it is supposed to be an ability providing fast combat techniques.
It doesn't improve any abilities and it isn't a different version of other abilities, your basically calling torrent a better watermanipulation or earthsmash a better version of earthblast and hence it shouldn't exist, that is very wrong.

Earthblast redirects and collides with other benders abilities, this does not. you can see in the video they shatter rocks thrown at them.
I do see this more to be incorperated with earthblast ability in general. Like how you can redirect it, you would also be able to shatter it with a simple left click without sneaking.
EarthSmash stops other earthsmashes and overrides earthblasts.
With Earthsmash it halts and lets the earthbending opponent with that ability selected control it and launch it back at the user.
Catapult is a huge jump, this is a small jump boost for precision purposes.
Catapult has tiers in recent builds. You left click without sneaking to make a small jump. Unless you're playing a bit older version of catapult, you should have no problem to initial a different height of jump through charging via sneak.
This would be the only earth fighting ability that allows you to go trough earth.
Obviously.

Earthbenders throughout the show use the earth to move faster or completely stop them from moving. They don't stand around doing nothing, especially the Dai'li style of earthbending. Toph and King Bumi had a very specific bending style.
That doesn't mean earthbending to boost their speed. They were either using their own physical-body capabilities (high leaps through acrobatics or were very fast-runners).

This is a "fencing" ability. Like in the video shown, it is supposed to be an ability providing fast combat techniques.
It's an ability that does random and inconsistent techniques that don't make sense to belong to one ability and especially one ability, when all would be better of existing to matching ones. It makes it harder to get used to these like-alikes that are available in different abilities. That's why in particular I don't like Earthshards is indepented and takes up a slot instead of being merged into Earthblast.
It doesn't improve any abilities and it isn't a different version of other abilities, your basically calling torrent a better watermanipulation or earthsmash a better version of earthblast and hence it shouldn't exist, that is very wrong.
That's because torrent freezes, pushes away players, manipulates the momentum of opponents, deals more damage, not to mention looks visually different and animation wise. You can't say it has very common elements and similar to an ability that is very much simple and has the attribute of being redirectable by another waterbender.
Earthblast looking ability that has different slight damage value doesn't stand out from regular earthblast, more or less, because that thing is configurable and making a duplicate that has a very slight notible difference in gameplay and aesthetically puts waste of the time and coded that could have been well spent more meaningfully in much creativity for developing. Worth mentioning that, my reasoning is the exact reason why I don't like icespike, because it's barely different from watermanipulation. I do think it needs to be retweak or If not - removed.

Last edited:

Da Psic

Your not supposed to compare it to other abilities, it is its sole ability serving multiple different fighting purposes.
You might as well turn earthblast into catapult if you use it under you and remove catapult all together.

It has clearly different visuals from other abilities. Everyone has their opinion and their take on it I guess.

0ct0ber

It may be best if you describe the general idea or effect that the move has, over specifics and actual damage. It sounds to me like you might be saying the current EarthBlast is different from how earthbenders usually interacted with rock projectiles in the show.

If so, I agree. They would often do a strong stomp to levitate a rock, and then punch or kick it mid-air... even King Bumi, who is in the gif for earthblast, does it this way; he didn’t look at a spot of earth and flail his arms where it should go (yet that’s how it seems to work in-game).

I’ve made an ability that works a lot like this, called BlastKick, but it’s for a different bending plugin. It might have a different type of realism than is in ProjectKorra...

Chaoz

lol necro post but most of what happened in that video can already be achieved. You can stop an earthblast mid-air and then source it to re-use it (but there's no real need to after you've stopped it, you would rather just source as close as possible to your opponent) and you can also already redirect an earthsmash (Shameless plug of a fight between earthbenders, where one bypassed an earthsmash by battling for control over it, then stopping an incoming earthblast mid-air at 5:16 only a few seconds later)