• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Hello, guys!! I started to think on this when reading the Sub-Elements thread. Although this suggestion is simple, I believe it can make its way into core.

Name: Compression
(Sub)Element: Earthbending (metal, mineral and crystal bending)
Description: Hold a good quantity of any ore and hold Shift in your Extraction slot. In every two seconds, nine portions of the mineral you were holding will be replaced by its block version. This is meant so Earthbenders don't need a Crafting Table.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Liked it, but the technique doesn't match the "chemistry" of this ability to be as an extension for. Also, I think someone already had suggested this.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Liked it, but the technique doesn't match the "chemistry" of this ability to be as an extension for. Also, I think someone already had suggested this.
As for "chemistry" I understand that you are referring to Extraction vs. Compression. I agree! I just mashed them up so an aditional ability wouldn't be needed. As for this ability being already suggested, I am sorry if this is a repeatition.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Anyway, how would you propose for this crafting to work? Would it open an inventory gui for the user to choose what crafted item he wants to compress or a 3x3 grid would open for the user to manually craft it? I honestly would choose A door, because I think it would be difficult to limit the crafting system into metal-exclusive or might even take a lot of work and time to waste on cancelling all the other unwanted items individually.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm just saying. So what if nobody cares? If there would be people complaining about 'nobody carring' other than you, than everyone would not care. You are the only not caring because you're the one complaining most of times when I say "already suggested". Just chill bro :D Why you so mad?

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Guys ;-; I didn't suggest an Earthbending pocket crafting grid. I simply suggested a way for Earthbenders to turn minerals into their block forms:
9 pieces of Lapis Lazuli (she was trapped in a mirror) in your hand > Hold Shift > 9 pieces would be replaced by one Lapis Block (not a mirror though).

Just like Haru and his father did while fighting the Fire Nation soldiers in the metal boat prison (Book One: Water), compressing a bunch of coal into a rock.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Just like Haru and his father did while fighting the Fire Nation soldiers in the metal boat prison (Book One: Water), compressing a bunch of coal into a rock.
That should be a team move, aka. requiring two people to craft it. Did you see how they done it? Both of them needed to compress from both sides to symmetrically compress it. I imagine it would be hard or impossible (seeing them using both arms) to compress it.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
That should be a team move, aka. requiring two people to craft it. Did you see how they done it? Both of them needed to compress from both sides to symmetrically compress it. I imagine it would be hard or impossible (seeing them using both arms) to compress it.
Yeah, I also thought of it being too OP when compared to its canon version, then I looked at Tornado - which, appearently, is about to get removed - and I thought in giving this a shot. Now, I was really considering was this not being usable on diamonds and emeralds maybe.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Depending what kind of grid you are required to craft that certain block: because there might be situation where you don't have access to a crafting table that suppose to be near when you actually need to craft a block, unless the block can be crafted in the smaller grid.

If all earthbendable blocks have a crafting recipe of 2x2 grid, than we can all say that this feature of Taiko's is un-necessary. Than again, there might be owners that each individually have different type of blocks set up in the earthbendable list which includes blocks of the 9x9 crafted. If my first sentence is applied - code it, but leave the ability disabled by default, so that those that decide to follow non-default list will find this compression ability beneficial to their earthbenders (if they have those certain only crafting-station crafted blocks in the bendable list).

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think instead of an addon to extraction it should work as a bending move to compress blocks that are buggy with earthbending such as Gravel -> Stone
Sand -> Sandstone
Or even better it compresses ore veins into blocks of the respective ore.
I think that's doable.

Green

Verified Member
Ummm may be if we are talking about metal benders crafting with metal you would put the number of iron ingots in the slot you have the move bound, a axe you would put 3 ingots. Then you can hold shift and click through all the things you can craft. This move can see if you have sticks, or what ever the crafting recipe requires and that will be added on the list.

For example if you put 3 iron ingots in this slots and you also hade sticks in your inventory, it would cycle through: axe, pic axe, and weighted pressure plate.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What do you mean? You want this to suck up an ore vein and turn it into the block of that ore? Seems rather over powered..
How exactly is that over powered? It would only work with earthbendable blocks and it would only work if there is 9 of that ore.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ya but you still need to find the iron and you would need 9 iron ore blocks in vicinity of the move for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.