• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
DustCloud

DustCloud 1.2.2

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
ArchBear_Vega submitted a new resource:

DustCloud - Throw dust in to the air to provide yourself with cover and blind your enemies!

"This is not an official ProjectKorra ability, therefore, no official support will be provided in any threads other than this one. Use at your own risk."

"By shaking the ground back and forth, earthbenders can create dust clouds of various sizes to provide cover, the particles of which can also be manipulated themselves" - Avatar Wiki
Read more about this resource...

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I thought this was a suggestion post before I saw "new resource" lol. I was like, why is the concept designer posting a suggestion? xD

xNuminousx

Verified Member
make it so that people in the cloud can see the other people? or at least their skins / bodies but not the IGN?
Haven't tested it out or seen too much into this ability, but I believe hiding the people is the point.... Correct me if I'm wrong Arch.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Haven't tested it out or seen too much into this ability, but I believe hiding the people is the point.... Correct me if I'm wrong Arch.
Yeah, but adding that feature just gives your the option to see your friends or enemies if you decide to venture close to them. If it's an enemy, then you can't exactly know where they are before you enter the cloud, so it could be risky.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Yeah, but adding that feature just gives your the option to see your friends or enemies if you decide to venture close to them. If it's an enemy, then you can't exactly know where they are before you enter the cloud, so it could be risky.
I think it's supposed to be more for defense rather than offense. I think you see it as "Blind them AND NOW i attack them >:3" Where I see it as "Quick, I'm low on health.. HIDE! D:"

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I think it's supposed to be more for defense rather than offense. I think you see it as "Blind them AND NOW i attack them >:3" Where I see it as "Quick, I'm low on health.. HIDE! D:"
It can be used for both, potentially. It's just kinda dumb that a person right next to you gets turned invisible. Team Avatar saw each other, so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to see someone right next to you.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It can be used for both, potentially. It's just kinda dumb that a person right next to you gets turned invisible. Team Avatar saw each other, so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to see someone right next to you.
We actually saw in the episode The Water Scroll when the pirates used that smoke bomb Aang couldn't see people who were literally right next to him.

And then again when Toph fights all of those earthbenders in her first episode and she rises her "dust cloud" the other earthbenders couldn't see. Although, Toph could see because of her condition.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
@ArchBear_Vega, you should really consider applying blindness inducement attribute to these particles :) I would LOVE it so much and this would come in handy and useful ability.

Earth really sux rn, most addons just are rip-offs of earthblast and aren't that interested. Apply Blindess Inducement quality to this ability and I would ADORE it so much :D

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@ArchBear_Vega, you should really consider applying blindness inducement attribute to these particles :) I would LOVE it so much and this would come in handy and useful ability.

Earth really sux rn, most addons just are rip-offs of earthblast and aren't that interested. Apply Blindess Inducement quality to this ability and I would ADORE it so much :D
There should be a blindness factor in their already? Welp I knew I messed up somewhere

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ok let me clarify, the only person getting the invisibility is the user. Everyone else is blinded.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@xNuminousx Its supposed to blind everyone except for you inside of that sphere of particles, while also turning you invisible. Essentially Its more of a defensive usage of what we saw in the show

Madocean

Verified Member
ArchBear_Vega submitted a new resource:

DustCloud - Throw dust in to the air to provide yourself with cover and blind your enemies!

Read more about this resource...
Hey so I like the idea, but I think it would be better done with some more dense or larger particles, or maybe even entities. Also, noting that this one shows sand particles in the sand, if you could tailor the particles to the environment that would be amazing

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hey so I like the idea, but I think it would be better done with some more dense or larger particles, or maybe even entities. Also, noting that this one shows sand particles in the sand, if you could tailor the particles to the environment that would be amazing
That is something I planned to do, but I used sand because it was the closest thing I could get to the dust shown in the show.
And I can definetly make the particles more dense, however I don't want to cause lag to people who are using it :3

Madocean

Verified Member
That is something I planned to do, but I used sand because it was the closest thing I could get to the dust shown in the show.
And I can definetly make the particles more dense, however I don't want to cause lag to people who are using it :3
Aye thats what i was trying to avoid in using larger particles :p larger particles being like the puffy air particles. Yeah the density thing though i agree it shouldnt crash anyone who doesnt have nvidia gtx xD