• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Development Goals

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, I am creating this post to create an update type deal as to where we are going with ProjectKorra and to answer some questions that I've been getting a bit.

Development on ProjectKorra is going stronger now than it has been since it started. Our development staff has practically doubled in size since we began the project and I continue to find new people interested each day. Additionally, we are opening up new positions for those who can't handle the code side of things, but know the limits and can do what we call 'concept design'.

Concept Designers are those that have continuously made idea contributions to the plugin in such a well thought out manner, perhaps more than just a forum post here and there. They work to test out the plugin and balance it as much as humanly possible, tending to catch what the developers overlook.

We are still working tirelessly to add new features to ProjectKorra, although if you haven't noticed, most of the dev builds have been more or so centered around bug fixes. Well, there's a reason for that. While we have still have plenty of new features, some cooler than others, planned out, we are working to get the plugin to such a point in which we believe it is stable enough to begin branching out into the other aspects. I'm not sure if you guys remember my first post here, or if you even saw it, as the community here is growing daily, but I talked about all of these new ideas I had for the Bending side of Minecraft.

I am working to clean up the plugin's API as of now to begin branching out into other things. The development goals for ProjectKorra as of now include, but are not limited to:
  1. Finish up 1.3.0. We have physically mapped out where we want this build to go, just have not released it to the public. There are plenty of new features planned for this one. Within the development staff, we have adopted this sort of secrecy policy type deal. This simply means that until the feature is done and in the dev build, we will not discuss them publicly. If we make empty promises, it'll only look bad. So we are keeping plans sort of tight.
  2. Clean up and polish the API. Make it easy to understand and use so other plugins can hook into it.
  3. Document the features of this plugin on the wiki completely. We are lacking here for now, but the wiki is slowly filling in. Eventually this will have to take a priority.
  4. Begin working on the official Probending plugin. There is one that 'works' with Bending, but it is long outdated and doesn't really 'work'.
By all means, 1.3.0 will not be the final build of ProjectKorra, rather, it will likely be the last one packed with new features for a bit.(again, there is still A LOT coming). 1.4.0 will focus primarily on cleaning up the code. Hopefully 1.5.0 will be back on track for a ton of new features. The release of MC 1.8.0 may change this up as well.

None of the plans above are solidified really, just sort of development goals I have set to keep the project on track.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about this post here, I will create a followup post to answer questions in the coming days.