• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Constant Kinetic Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
In avatar people are constantly being slammed into things (it doesn't seem to hurt them so much but...), its a very important part of the combat. So far if you get airblasted or water surged (or pushed by any bending move) into a wall you take no damage! I think combat would be way more interesting and fun if Kinetic Damage were always enabled (or at least when tagged by a bending ability).

P.S. Sorry for the gif, i wanted to find some of Tenzen airblasting someone into a wall but didn't find any. Hope this is good enough. :)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
In avatar people are constantly being slammed into things (it doesn't seem to hurt them so much but...), its a very important part of the combat. So far if you get airblasted or water surged (or pushed by any bending move) into a wall you take no damage! I think combat would be way more interesting and fun if Kinetic Damage were always enabled (or at least when tagged by a bending ability).

P.S. Sorry for the gif, i wanted to find some of Tenzen airblasting someone into a wall but didn't find any. Hope this is good enough. :)
We actually do have this. There are options for it in the config so server owners can disable it if they wish

Madocean

Only problem with current, as it's called 'velocity' damage is that: It's overpowered, yet somehow: it's barely useful in combat simultaneously. It's just not coded well for the use of pvp, it doesn't have the configurability that a game mechanic like this should. Ex.) Swiftswim has a speed configuration.
Bottom line is: I just don't reccomend using it.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Only problem with current, as it's called 'velocity' damage is that: It's overpowered, yet somehow: it's barely useful in combat simultaneously. It's just not coded well for the use of pvp, it doesn't have the configurability that a game mechanic like this should. Ex.) Swiftswim has a speed configuration.
A. Only certain abilities have the ability to cause kinetic damage (airblast, AirBurst, other pushy ones) B. It has configuration like the max amount of damage it can deal, don't need much more.

Madocean

A. Only certain abilities have the ability to cause kinetic damage (airblast, AirBurst, other pushy ones) B. It has configuration like the max amount of damage it can deal, don't need much more.
Uh, you made my point for me. Only certain abilities have it... The config lacks the ability to change cd... You can't make it low damage and applicable to ALL moves which WOULD deal velocity damage. It's just not practical.

Madocean

Why not suggest improving it? You happen to be the guy with ton of ideas, but you almost didn't post any.
I would, but as Omega has displayed: the best way to go is develop moves/concepts for your own server.
(Anyways I just described the issues and why they're problematic)
How can something be overpowered and useless simultaneously?

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
It's sadly very easy to accomplish :I

It's sadly very easy to accomplish :I
Doesn't that make it a contradiction/paradox. It is overpowered, how does the user of it find it useless?

I would, but as Omega has displayed: the best way to go is develop moves/concepts for your own server.
(Anyways I just described the issues and why they're problematic)
Who is Omega? So you want PK to be improved for only your own needs/part ?

Madocean

Doesn't that make it a contradiction/paradox. It is overpowered, how does the user of it find it useless?

Who is Omega? So you want PK to be improved for only your own needs/part ?
So to answer the first one. Definitely not. You can have a 1 hit item, but if it provides slowness 10000 it's obviously useless in combat since you can't move...

To answer the second one, OmegaBending. The server... The one whose thread you commented on multiple times today. I think it's clear that I detest the idea of your implication "So you want PK to be improved for only your own needs/part ?" Obviously not. I don't know how you would perceive it that way. I was infact trying to imply that I dislike the notion that Omega is developing EXCLUSIVE abilities, as in abilities that won't be made public. This sort of practice deters developmental progress in the community. A disclaimer though, it's not wrong that Omega intends to do this, plenty of servers have before and if someone wants to improve their server individually it's their choice. My issue is that I haven't seen any of the rumored abilities that the server possesses uploaded to the resources category of downloads. I just think it's selfish. That's personal though and I think Omega will be great regardless of my personal feelings.

Anyone from the devs can confirm the address kinetic damage problem?

So to answer the first one. Definitely not. You can have a 1 hit item, but if it provides slowness 10000 it's obviously useless in combat since you can't move...

To answer the second one, OmegaBending. The server... The one whose thread you commented on multiple times today. I think it's clear that I detest the idea of your implication "So you want PK to be improved for only your own needs/part ?" Obviously not. I don't know how you would perceive it that way. I was infact trying to imply that I dislike the notion that Omega is developing EXCLUSIVE abilities, as in abilities that won't be made public. This sort of practice deters developmental progress in the community. A disclaimer though, it's not wrong that Omega intends to do this, plenty of servers have before and if someone wants to improve their server individually it's their choice. My issue is that I haven't seen any of the rumored abilities that the server possesses uploaded to the resources category of downloads. I just think it's selfish. That's personal though and I think Omega will be great regardless of my personal feelings.
You still should post them. It would help out a lot :) Especally If you got any concept for chi blockers, which the team is likely to be focusing on them next as confirmed by the concept developer.

Last edited:

Madocean

Anyone from the devs can confirm the address kinetic damage problem?

You still should post them. It would help out a lot :) Especally If you got any concept for chi blockers, which the team is likely to be focusing on them next as confirmed by the concept developer.
Alright I'll cave :p I have do have a few chi concepts

(In addition to the whole kinetics thing, hitstun I think is a good place to start)

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Uh, you made my point for me. Only certain abilities have it... The config lacks the ability to change cd... You can't make it low damage and applicable to ALL moves which WOULD deal velocity damage. It's just not practical.
All moves that should deal kinetic damage do. And what do you mean you can't make it low damage? That's it's config option.. I'm not really sure how you think it's not practical

Madocean

I think @Madocean an is trying to say you can't change the damage of an individual move.
Correct ^^^
All moves that should deal kinetic damage do. And what do you mean you can't make it low damage? That's it's config option.. I'm not really sure how you think it's not practical
Also when did surge, airstream, airbreath, earthsmash, torrent, waterarms grab, waterarms pull, and a couple others gain velocity damage options?

how do i turn velocity on?

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Correct ^^^

Also when did surge, airstream, airbreath, earthsmash, torrent, waterarms grab, waterarms pull, and a couple others gain velocity damage options?
Surge doesn't do kinetic damage as that is not its purpose, it would frankly be really unbalanced too because surge would be used as an Airblast Cone with 3x the push power.

AirStream like surge is designed to move players, not give them impact velocity, it isn't a push its more of a controllable current that picks up the player. Atleast thats what its supposed to represent I think.

AirBreath is a jedcore addon so I'm not bothering w/ that.

Torrent's Wave does velocity damage I believe.

Water Arms Grab can do velocity damage I believe.

Pull is designed to pull players towards you not push them against blocks behind you

Status
Not open for further replies.