• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Charged Airswipe Addon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paliate

Verified Member
Hello!
I believe that charged airswipe should be wider than a regular airswipe
If you really think about it, would a charged move look the same as a regular?
I think not.

I believe the charged airswipe should be 2-3 blocks wider than the regular airswipe.

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I can see the sense in it, since the ability is a WIDE slice. As long as it's not massively wide it should work well with the range 2 -3 block ,as you suggested, should be fine), and it's pretty logical.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
It'd make more sense if you were to increase of the speed instead. Logically an attack would be weaker if it spread out a larger radius. So it's more logical that something that does a lot of damage travels faster than the norm.

paliate

Verified Member
I don't see how something that does more damage would travel faster.
The speed wouldn't help the visual at all, Plus you constantly hear "Was that a charged airswipe?" because they can't tell the difference.
Making it wider would help identify if its charged or not, It would also make more sense that something powerful would be bigger.

I really don't think anyone cares about the speed of airswipe, it's fine how it is.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The Force of an object is mass x velocity. Force being how hard it hits, mass being weight, velocity being speed. So technically more mass would increase the damage, and so would making it faster.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The Force of an object is mass x velocity. Force being how hard it hits, mass being weight, velocity being speed. So technically more mass would increase the damage, and so would making it faster.
Aang: Maybe there's another way. What if I came at the boulder from a different angle.
Toph: No! That's the problem. You've got to stop thinking like an airbender. There's no different angle, no clever solution, trickety-trick that's going to move that rock. You've got to face it head on. And when I say head on, I mean like THIS!
Thinking like an earthbender :p

EndersShadows

Verified Member
If you come at this logically, making a move wide puts energy into that. The energy isn't being spent on making the move stronger... It's making it wider. Now of course you can completely throw logic out the window. But we are all of us, people who have gotten an education. We should probably make use of some of the things we learned :p

Instead of making a powerful heavy hitting idea suddenly have a wider AoE we should have it move faster, and hit harder instead. Not focus on something that would technically remove from the damaging of it.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Basically, in layman's terms. I do not agree with this. Charged airswipe is already OP enough if combined with regular swipe and sweep.

Charged airswipe -> airswipe -> Airsweep -> airswipe

If you do that basic attack combo. You can easily, if swipe is set to 1.5 hearts, do 6.5 hearts. Then you just have to run and repeat.

Counter this by making swipe harder to hit targets.

paliate

Verified Member
See, now your just not wanting it because of its "OP"ness (which isn't the case in default, you can blame [strike]me[/strike] the owner of the server you play on for making it 1.5)

There are many op things about bending, you can't just judge it for you not liking a certain combo people use.
Swipe doesn't need to be harder to hit targets, It's been this way for so long now and it'd ruin airbending for a lot of players and although air is easy to aim with so are alot of moves.

Earthsmash - Easy to aim with.
Surge - Easy to aim with.
Blaze - Easy to aim with.
Walloffire - Easy to aim with.

So i believe your argument to be irrelevant considering this post makes perfect sense as of why it should be wider as charged, and if your saying it is already easy to aim with right now, what would change? either way your still getting hit bae <3

EndersShadows

Verified Member
See, now your just not wanting it because of its "OP"ness (which isn't the case in default, you can blame [strike]me[/strike] the owner of the server you play on for making it 1.5)

There are many op things about bending, you can't just judge it for you not liking a certain combo people use.
Swipe doesn't need to be harder to hit targets, It's been this way for so long now and it'd ruin airbending for a lot of players and although air is easy to aim with so are alot of moves.

Earthsmash - Easy to aim with.
Surge - Easy to aim with.
Blaze - Easy to aim with.
Walloffire - Easy to aim with.

So i believe your argument to be irrelevant considering this post makes perfect sense as of why it should be wider as charged, and if your saying it is already easy to aim with right now, what would change? either way your still getting hit bae <3
I'm sorry, but you're just throwing shit out at random. The server where I main keeps airswipe at 2 hearts. I hardly find that OP because people can't aim as well. Your server, with 1.5 airswipe damage, is only annoying because of how impossible it is to see anything/anyone. Now if you could please chill out and not bring any shit that happens in-game on to the forums. That would be nice.

Next off, my second element is air. Meaning I use all of air's strategies to the letter. I hardly miss ever with my charged swipes. Making it larger would be like making fireburst larger for me. Which. Is. BS. "Hey let's make fireburst's radius bigger" "Let's make torrent have 2 blocks side by side instead." "We should give shockwave 3 extra blocks on the top." Something wrong with those ideas? Yes. Not only do they all sound OP they would be impossible to counter if someone spams it.

Say we actually had airswipe's radius increased for charged. Some little punk is gonna sit in a hole and spam the move like no tomorrow. What're you gonna do? Spam back? Fuck that, you've already created a monster already by making airswipe impossible to miss.

I would also appreciate if you didn't treat me like your GF. Unless of course, you're desperate for one. Then maybe I can be free on weekends for your entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.