• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Catapult with friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proof of Concept?
Toph, along with Sokka and Suki, she catapulted themselves to the closest airship from the ground with the use of earthbending.

How will this technique be proceed?
Left Click while charging the ability. After the charge, this will not only cause the user, but this will also affect anyone in AoE that are standing 1 block away from the earthbender (3x3 - user being in the center, while everybody is around him/her in the circular area) to capatult at the same time as the bender, also leaving a trail of a jut up boulder below them or that person.

I think this is an great idea!
For the people who don't know what he is talking about here a gif:

or this but this is a bit unclear:

On second gif, that's more of a RaiseEarth, except the scene where Sue and her son catapulting together.

Notice that in both of these gif Toph and Suyin erect the boulder that is of a 3x3, unlike how I had in mind for the idea for per each person to thrust out. Well I would leave that up for a debate.

Now that you mentioned it, I realized that it actually does exist, so... woops.

Although, even if does exist, you have no control over not accidently catapulting your friends. This thread suggests a change for that so that it has some controllability to whenever you want someone to catapult with you or not.

Hero

Now that you mentioned it, I realized that it actually does exist, so... woops.

Although, even if does exist, you have no control over not accidently catapulting your friends. This thread suggests a change for that so that it has some controllability to whenever you want someone to catapult with you or not.
This is pointless then. You are asking for more controllability when what we have is as much as we are going to get. If you don't want to catapult someone with you, don't be near them. If you do, get near them. This thread already exists and what you are suggested is just a gloried version of what we already have.

And controllability isn't a word.

xD Cel Dx

This is pointless then. You are asking for more controllability when what we have is as much as we are going to get. If you don't want to catapult someone with you, don't be near them. If you do, get near them. This thread already exists and what you are suggested is just a gloried version of what we already have.

could be put into a config tho, as it is a good idea. maybe a radius function to catapult?

Hero

could be put into a config tho, as it is a good idea. maybe a radius function to catapult?
A radius config could be acceptable but adding it could cause accidents where you accidentally fling someone into the air. Or bring someone unwanted into a place.

Hero said:
This is pointless pn. You are asking for more controllability when what we have is as much as we are going to get. If you don't want to catapult someone with you, don't be near them. If you do, get near them. This thread already exists and what you are suggested is just a gloried version of what we already have.

Controllabity is word, as I check with google.

Ok, but what If I accidently catapult with a enemy to the mountain if he approach me from behind at the worst time? It shouldn't be my fault. I'm not talk about when (s)he occupies the same where your catapulting me. In reality, your catapult's rock wouldn't catapult another person next to you in person, if that player isn't standing on the block that is ready to be jumped out.

Even if this necessary, I don't recall seeing an animation of the rock pushing the other targets.

Last edited:

Moonelight

Placing this Looking Into because it is totally doable. My only concern is that it would be difficult to fit this into the current move. Catapult already has a function for Shifting & Left Clicking. We wouldn't want to make it so anyone could be catapulted that stands around an earthbender (Yes you can do that with catapult right now, but you need to be on the same block), it'd need to be made so we have the ability to only launch specific targets/users. I love the move and I am all for it, we may just need to redo how the "Team Catapulting" may work.

With Loony's charging concept applied (that is in the linked with the sentence in my post), right clicking (, because left clicking without charging could be utilized in launching other entities without you for me personally) an earth bendable block will be for charging height, replacing the current shifting&left clicking function.

xD Cel Dx

Placing this Looking Into because it is totally doable. My only concern is that it would be difficult to fit this into the current move. Catapult already has a function for Shifting & Left Clicking. We wouldn't want to make it so anyone could be catapulted that stands around an earthbender (Yes you can do that with catapult right now, but you need to be on the same block), it'd need to be made so we have the ability to only launch specific targets/users. I love the move and I am all for it, we may just need to redo how the "Team Catapulting" may work.
maybe tap shift when looking at the floor to prime the radius then left click in the direction which you want to travel?

Joeri

With each new Addon there is more and more skill removed from benders.
Remember when each move only had 9 elements and things like WaterWave or EarthSmash didn't exist?
I'd rather not add more easy mechanics that are already possible currently.
You have perfect control if you want to catapult someone or not, tell them to stand on the same block as you and then launch yourself up?

I thought it still works when someone is close but doesn't occupy the same where are catapulting from, no? If that issue exists, make it not happen, because it's annoying when I catapult my friends to death unintentionally. Or if that issue doesn't exist, and answering your tip "tell them to stand on the same block" I can tell that it cramps the area for you to see the surroundings instead of it's hollow body/head, especially when it makes it for you difficult to see where you intending to catapult. In the gif you see, toph's friends where ,what it seem like, one block away infront from her diagonally (comparing to minecraft distance) before all of them with her where launched. The Size of the "trampoline" was big, and it's not like she didn't have to choice but to make it bigger, because I seen her how she catapult Sue with a small trampoline by 1x1 (again, in minecraft looks), implying she had control whatever she want to catapult.

Status
Not open for further replies.