• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

BubbaTree strikes again!

How did I do?

• Julie hates pickles

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 'murica

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbaTree

Verified Member
This is sort of in reply to my other thread you can read at this link: http://projectkorra.com/threads/bubbatree-takes-action.701/#post-7270
To give you lazy people a quick summary: I suggested to remove chi and add a nonbender class, from there you choose to either pursue the warrior fighting style, or the agile chi fighting style. Mist said he liked the idea, so now I will go into more detail about moves that could be created.

Chi:
Chi is already pretty balanced on my opinion, and the easiest to learn, so it doesn't really need much of a buff. I have tossed this idea around several times in the past, and also saw my idol @gabe do a variation of this earlier so i'll give you some credit.

This is tenzin getting his shit handed to him by an equalist with a hand tazer thing. I was thinking we could make a custom project korra crafting recipe or something, (possibly with an enchanted gold tool, or maybe an enchanted stick) that would act as the chi blocker's taser. You would bind the move (electrocute, tase, shoch, whatever you want to call it) to a slot and have the item on that slot. Clicking with it would do a similar effect to paralyze, along with some cool charged creeper particles, and deal a substantial amount of damage to someone wearing no armor (3-4 hearts is what i was thinking) and have a 120 second cool down.

I wrote a lot for that first one so everyone take a quick mental break and stay tuned as I fail to create the warrior class.

Warrior: Side note: I'm going to suggest a lot of things, I understand adding all of them would make Warriors an OP class, just throwing out a lot of possibilities for the staff to work with.

Passives: Speed I, no jump bonus though.

Perhaps a slight incoming damage reduction, making them more physical/tanky than a chi blocker. You could use the Resistance buff for this if you choose to do so.

Increasing damage with punches, tools/bows. I'm not quite sure how you would want to go about this, but I see a few ways: The way I think would be best is to go through and increase the damage of each one slightly when held by a warrior. You could also give them strength 1 as a constant buff (although i don't think that effects punching/bows)

onto the few moves I can think of now.

1. Boom-a-rang!
Not that it had to do with many nonbenders, it was held so dearly to sokka's heart, so it deserved a suggestion. Left click with it, and some particles will shoot out, left click again to change its direction. Hit a target with it and deal any amount of damage you think is good. Not a terribly long cooldown, 15-20 seconds maybe.

2. Knockdown
Since you cant really animate falling or anything, maybe remove the ability to sprint for a few seconds, or add slowness to them? It would deal damage as well. A bit longer cooldown on this one, 30 seconds or so.

3. BITCH SLAP
(aside from the name)
Just an amplified punch, dealing extra damage. The amount of damage would directly affect the cooldown, I could see you making it a heavy hitting move and giving it a 25 second cool down or something, or make it a jab every 5 seconds.

4. LEAPOFFAITH
(I'm getting name lazy)
But I think the warrior could use some mobility so it isn't kited all over the place in an arena, this move resembles a RPG more than it really resembles the avatar series, but it would function well. It would deal no damage, but hurdle the player forwards 10ish blocks in the direction he chooses and be on a moderate cooldown. You will need some sort of mobility ability for the warrior, otherwise it will just get pounded from range all day, so something like this or the speed one I suggested as a passive earlier. Too make the ability more realistic, you could call it "Charge" or something, and just increase the speed for a short time.

I have some moves planned that could be bound to slots and only work with specific tools/weapons to simulate light attacks (like a kyoshi fan, I think vidcom was talking about that or something), maybe with a shovel equipped. Axes/swords/bows could contain their own specific ability or something. I haven't put any thought into that yet. I'll probably make a thread about it if I get more confirmation that the warrior class has a chance to be passed into development.

Feel free to make any productive suggestions or things I should write differently, the only thought I put into this was while I was writing it, so let me know if you have any better move suggestions.

xXturbokidXx

Verified Member
This is sort of in reply to my other thread you can read at this link: http://projectkorra.com/threads/bubbatree-takes-action.701/#post-7270
To give you lazy people a quick summary: I suggested to remove chi and add a nonbender class, from there you choose to either pursue the warrior fighting style, or the agile chi fighting style. Mist said he liked the idea, so now I will go into more detail about moves that could be created.

Chi:
Chi is already pretty balanced on my opinion, and the easiest to learn, so it doesn't really need much of a buff. I have tossed this idea around several times in the past, and also saw my idol @gabe do a variation of this earlier so i'll give you some credit.

This is tenzin getting his shit handed to him by an equalist with a hand tazer thing. I was thinking we could make a custom project korra crafting recipe or something, (possibly with an enchanted gold tool, or maybe an enchanted stick) that would act as the chi blocker's taser. You would bind the move (electrocute, tase, shoch, whatever you want to call it) to a slot and have the item on that slot. Clicking with it would do a similar effect to paralyze, along with some cool charged creeper particles, and deal a substantial amount of damage to someone wearing no armor (3-4 hearts is what i was thinking) and have a 120 second cool down.

I wrote a lot for that first one so everyone take a quick mental break and stay tuned as I fail to create the warrior class.

Warrior: Side note: I'm going to suggest a lot of things, I understand adding all of them would make Warriors an OP class, just throwing out a lot of possibilities for the staff to work with.

Passives: Speed I, no jump bonus though.

Perhaps a slight incoming damage reduction, making them more physical/tanky than a chi blocker. You could use the Resistance buff for this if you choose to do so.

Increasing damage with punches, tools/bows. I'm not quite sure how you would want to go about this, but I see a few ways: The way I think would be best is to go through and increase the damage of each one slightly when held by a warrior. You could also give them strength 1 as a constant buff (although i don't think that effects punching/bows)

onto the few moves I can think of now.

1. Boom-a-rang!
Not that it had to do with many nonbenders, it was held so dearly to sokka's heart, so it deserved a suggestion. Left click with it, and some particles will shoot out, left click again to change its direction. Hit a target with it and deal any amount of damage you think is good. Not a terribly long cooldown, 15-20 seconds maybe.

2. Knockdown
Since you cant really animate falling or anything, maybe remove the ability to sprint for a few seconds, or add slowness to them? It would deal damage as well. A bit longer cooldown on this one, 30 seconds or so.

3. BITCH SLAP
(aside from the name)
Just an amplified punch, dealing extra damage. The amount of damage would directly affect the cooldown, I could see you making it a heavy hitting move and giving it a 25 second cool down or something, or make it a jab every 5 seconds.

4. LEAPOFFAITH
(I'm getting name lazy)
But I think the warrior could use some mobility so it isn't kited all over the place in an arena, this move resembles a RPG more than it really resembles the avatar series, but it would function well. It would deal no damage, but hurdle the player forwards 10ish blocks in the direction he chooses and be on a moderate cooldown. You will need some sort of mobility ability for the warrior, otherwise it will just get pounded from range all day, so something like this or the speed one I suggested as a passive earlier. Too make the ability more realistic, you could call it "Charge" or something, and just increase the speed for a short time.

I have some moves planned that could be bound to slots and only work with specific tools/weapons to simulate light attacks (like a kyoshi fan, I think vidcom was talking about that or something), maybe with a shovel equipped. Axes/swords/bows could contain their own specific ability or something. I haven't put any thought into that yet. I'll probably make a thread about it if I get more confirmation that the warrior class has a chance to be passed into development.

Feel free to make any productive suggestions or things I should write differently, the only thought I put into this was while I was writing it, so let me know if you have any better move suggestions.
I really like your shocking idea, especially with the creeper charged effects. Also, a Strength I potion will affect fists, but not bows. Maybe instead of Strength I, their fists would do .75 rather than .50. (2 hits would equal 1 and a half hearts of damage rather than one heart)

xX_FireGaming_Xx

Verified Member
I really like your shocking idea, especially with the creeper charged effects. Also, a Strength I potion will affect fists, but not bows. Maybe instead of Strength I, their fists would do .75 rather than .50. (2 hits would equal 1 and a half hearts of damage rather than one heart)
im the one who satrted Shock in the first place lol

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
not bad. this just reminded me that when the spirits part of the plugin is open for suggestions, I have a lot of ideas for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.