• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
BendingParty

BendingParty 1.1.3

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Simplicitee submitted a new resource:

BendingParty - Make teams for bending!

BendingParty

Have you ever wanted to make a team with people but you end up damaging them with your abilities? Well here's the solution!

BendingParty allows you to party with other players so that you cannot damage them and they cannot damage you.

Commands
:
Code:
/bendingparty - Shows the help message
/bendingparty create - Creates a bending party in your name
/bendingparty invite <player> -...
Read more about this resource...

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nice :D Few suggestions from me for future versions though

• Make the party prefix configurable. This way you could also turn it into a command (listen for the chat event. Commands can be picked up that way too)
  • Screenshots :D

Apart from that, nice work though! Would be a great addition to duel servers.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I love the idea. I've considered making something like this before but didn't really know how exactly to do it.

One thing that concerns me is the party chat command. Entering a $ to talk in the party chat seems a bit odd to me. I like that it's unique and everything but a $ is out of my "muscle memory" when it comes to typing so I have to look at the keyboard for it. I much prefer entering commands or toggling the chat on/off, my fingers naturally go to the command key at this point. Just a suggestion.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
One thing that concerns me is the party chat command. Entering a $ to talk in the party chat seems a bit odd to me. I like that it's unique and everything but a $ is out of my "muscle memory" when it comes to typing so I have to look at the keyboard for it. I much prefer entering commands or toggling the chat on/off, my fingers naturally go to the command key at this point. Just a suggestion.
I think two synonyms could be included to make it easier: /AANG and /KORRA. Or just /atla and /tlok.

Though honestly, that's kinda of your issue. LShift + 4 is the way to type $ :p

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Though honestly, that's kinda of your issue. LShift + 4 is the way to type $ :p
I know it's my issue, it was sort of the point. But another point was that a $ is completely random. If it were me, which it isn't so tell me to shut up if you want, I'd make it similar to popular group/parties plugins so that if server owners choose to switch over to this, the switch is easy. Sure, making the switch wouldn't be hard but it's always nice to not have to worry about things; like players knowing how to use stuff.

It'd be nice to make the chat activation configurable so that server owners can choose I guess. Or leave it how you want it. I won't be using it so doesn't really matter to me.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nice :D Few suggestions from me for future versions though

• Make the party prefix configurable. This way you could also turn it into a command (listen for the chat event. Commands can be picked up that way too)
  • Screenshots :D

Apart from that, nice work though! Would be a great addition to duel servers.
I love the idea. I've considered making something like this before but didn't really know how exactly to do it.

Thank you for the suggestions and I will work on these ASAP. I have my own ideas for how these could work so bear in mind it won't be exactly what you expect, but I hope mine will satisfy.
Looks neat. Will this include team-bending?
Unfortunately team-bending abilties require a different approach. This could be a helper to that though.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think the author intented for the activation to be short key trigger, but who knows. I'm just saying it isn't that hard to type it and people will eventually get use to typing it.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Thank you for the suggestions and I will work on these ASAP. I have my own ideas for how these could work so bear in mind it won't be exactly what you expect, but I hope mine will satisfy.

Unfortunately team-bending abilties require a different approach. This could be a helper to that though.
Idk I think this is a step in the right direction like you get the players in a party a certain distance away from each other performing the combo it would work.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Simplicitee updated BendingParty with a new update entry:

New Features!

Party Chat:
* Added a toggle command
Code:
/bendingparty chat - Toggles bending party chat on or off
* Made the quick party chat symbol configurable
* Using the quick party chat symbol while you have party chat toggled on will send the message to normal chat!
* Made the party chat prefix configurable
* Added option to display the players display name instead of their username

Party Invites:
* New: If you only have one...
Read the rest of this update entry...