• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Bending Preview displaying cooldowns for Combos?

Enough said!
I would suggest having "over lap" in the preview. Like, let's say this is what it looks like when you go to FireBlast:

FireBlast
▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢​
And then this is what it would look like if you were to use JetBlast then scroll to FireBlast again:

FireBlast__JetBlast
▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢​
Then this is what it would look like while the combo is on cooldown and you were to change your slot to FireBlast:

FireBlast__JetBlast
▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢​
So basically the combo name would appear next to the ability name (and be centered on the hot bar) and would act just as an ability would. This would be considered overlapping; by having both an ability name and a combo name on the same preview.

EDIT:
Fixed the centering of the letters.
EDIT:
Made the "=' into "▢"
Then we may have to have Ability1 | Combo | Combo

If it gets long we can just shorten them like
FireBlast | AS | FW | EP
I think combo cooldowns should only be displayed when switching to the move the combo sequence starts with. So FireKick's cooldown will be shown when switching to fireblast.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Yeah it's not really a suggestion in the slightest.
It's a suggestion, just not a proper one.

I would suggest having "over lap" in the preview. Like, let's say this is what it looks like when you go to FireBlast:

FireBlast
▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢​

And then this is what it would look like if you were to use JetBlast then scroll to FireBlast again:

FireBlast__JetBlast
▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢​

Then this is what it would look like while the combo is on cooldown and you were to change your slot to FireBlast:

FireBlast__JetBlast
▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢​

So basically the combo name would appear next to the ability name (and be centered on the hot bar) and would act just as an ability would. This would be considered overlapping; by having both an ability name and a combo name on the same preview.

EDIT:
Fixed the centering of the letters.
EDIT:
Made the "=' into "▢"

Last edited:
Or it could be like above text layout in bigger font. Don't know how, but I remember that's how bending preview once used to be.

xNuminousx

Or it could be like above text layout in bigger font. Don't know how, but I remember that's how bending preview once used to be.
Not sure what you mean... "Above text layout"? Like the combo name is above the ability name? As in two rows of text? Does the combo name completely override an ability name if you were scroll over to an ability after a combo?

Yes, kinda in a row but with a gap. @OmniCypher, remember when you first time uploaded "Bending Board" to resource page? It has then display titles way above than downwards? Would it be possible to make combo titles above name with a big gap/space?

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Using subtitles or titles takes up too much area on the screen.

Ah yes, from the flashback now I recall it being to big. Would it then be possible to place it smaller but visible size to the top of the screen edge but not too close. Pretty much upside down at the same dimension like how it is on the hotbar.

If that's not pausible, just leave it like how @xNuminousx suggested.

xNuminousx

That would be sort of out of the way.. People look at their hot bar anyways, so having the text located near the hotbar would be easiest/most efficient for the players, since they're already looking in that direction.

xNuminousx

Is it possible to do previews above one another?
So like:
FireWheel | AirSweep
FireBlast
As in like this above the hotbar?:
FireWheel | AirSweep
FireBlast
▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢​
That seems a tad crowded to me... I guess it could work depending on the text size. I haven't seen it in game so idk.

Loony

As in like this above the hotbar?:
FireWheel | AirSweep
FireBlast
▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢​
That seems a tad crowded to me... I guess it could work depending on the text size. I haven't seen it in game so idk.
Yeah. & we could try it, having one more wouldn't hurt I don't think.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
It's not possible to my knowledge to have multiple lines on the action bar