• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Bending Abilties' names too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

When you just changed element and want to bind everything, it always takes so long to type all those long words. It's kinda a simple suggestion: you can abbreviate the names of bending abilities.

You could still type the full names.

Every abbreviation would have 3 letters.
-The first one defines the element.
-The second and the third define the move.

Examples of all fire moves:

FireBlast > fbt
FireBurst > fbu
FireShield > fsh
FireJet > fje
FireWall > fwa
Combustion > fco
HeatControll > fhc
Blaze > fbl
Illumination > fil
Lightning > fli

Tell me what you think c:

Example of all air moves:

AirBlast > abl
AirBurst > abu
AirSwipe > asw
AirShield > ash
AirSuction > asu
AirScooter > asc
AirBubble > abl
Suffocate > asf
Tornado > ato
AirSpout > asp

And so on and so on...

dNiym

Maybe use the bending preset feature. If you switch bending often you could bind them and save as a preset then when you switch use /b preset load water

Helios

This would be too overwhelming for new benders. They have to learn all the new moves and tricks, PLUS abbreviations for all the moves now? The plugin seems more professional without the abbreviations.

Gahshunk

This would be too overwhelming for new benders. They have to learn all the new moves and tricks, PLUS abbreviations for all the moves now? The plugin seems more professional without the abbreviations.
I whole-heartedly agree with this
If anything, moves like WaterManipulation just need to be reworded with more memorable terms.

6tijn

All of the Waterbenders I know just call it WaterManip.
Yes but you have type the whole name 'Watermanipulation' to bind it.

BTW sorry for that big signature idk how to make it smaller. When I put it a ssignature it was kinda small.... idk what went wring with it D:

When you just changed element and want to bind everything, it always takes so long to type all those long words. It's kinda a simple suggestion: you can abbreviate the names of bending abilities.

You could still type the full names.

Every abbreviation would have 3 letters.
-The first one defines the element.
-The second and the third define the move.

Examples of all fire moves:

FireBlast > fbt
FireBurst > fbu
FireShield > fsh
FireJet > fje
FireWall > fwa
Combustion > fco
HeatControll > fhc
Blaze > fbl
Illumination > fil
Lightning > fli

Tell me what you think c:

Example of all air moves:

AirBlast > abl
AirBurst > abu
AirSwipe > asw
AirShield > ash
AirSuction > asu
AirScooter > asc
AirBubble > abl
Suffocate > asf
Tornado > ato
AirSpout > asp

And so on and so on...
Seems to me like you're just kinda lazy. It's not really that difficult.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Marking this suggestion as denied. While the suggestion is well thought out, and may help a few, it wont serve the many. This would be confusing for new players to learn, we'd have to constantly worry about overlapping suggestions, and we created a pretty intuitive preset system that allows you to bind things a little faster already.

Status
Not open for further replies.