• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumNomad

Verified Member
I thought it just though it might do good to put this out there, but I recently just got on a bending server and went to an arena. When I dropped in and came upon another player who was fire, he completely destroyed me with all these crazy moves, that had flames EVERYWHERE and it was ridiculous. After repeated times of coming back, then having firewheels, explosions, and all this other crazy stuff I got a little angry- from jealousy and annoyance, so I decided to post this. I just would like to ask for some balance, either all other elements get balanced to fire or fire getting balanced with all other elements. I just ask for some consideration upon this idea as most people are suggesting even MORE ideas for fire and coding moves for fire. So please. BALANCE

Migsel

Verified Member
There are always going to be skillful benders. I have been pwned by at least 1 of each type. Just practice and learn different techniques by studying how they pwn :)
And also every element has its ups and downs. Just learn to use your element well.

ForumNomad

Verified Member
I don't know, this server has many of the community coded moves, I consider myself to be an... Good bender. But I'd still like others to consider this.

owlcool

Verified Member
Fire is not element of aggression. Its Element of Energy.
It is not the element of energy. It is the Element of Life. The fire nation twisted that fire was fueled by anger and aggression. Waterbenders can be considered op, combustion has terrible aim and range and it is the only move that can be used underwater. And it has a giant cooldown. While water has unlimited breath and healing and fast swimming. I am decent with all the elements and would like to say that they are already very well balanced. Fire has terrible defense in exchange for their strong attack. The move that you seem to have a problem with is fireburst, which has a big warmup. Learn to use all the elements and you will see they are balanced. Only chi is slightly under powered.

jedk1

chi blockers on my server take out fire benders easy, so i dont see your problem with fire....

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You need to think of a certain tactic. The best benders have the most complicated tactics._.
My advice: The wiki explains fighting styles. May you find some tips there. My tactic for water bending is being quick. My air bending tactic is from real life (Ba-Gua)

V

Vidcom

If you want to deal with fire per element:
CHI: Slip shots, and never stop moving. Make sure your movement is unpredictable, and try to get behind them to land your blows. Keep off the floor.
WATER: Keep up your defense, but always be ready to land offense. Don't hold your ground, it won't work well. Try and stay near large bodies of water.
EARTH: Go very defensive, and make steady advancements towards them. Catapult for speed is always a good idea, *use your environment*
AIR: Stay way off the ground, move absurdly fast, but always be ready to defend with airshield. When you use airswipe, try getting close so they get hit with more damage.

jedk1

CHI: Slip shots, and never stop moving. Make sure your movement is unpredictable, and try to get behind them to land your blows. Keep off the floor.
WATER: Keep up your defense, but always be ready to land offense. Don't hold your ground, it won't work well. Try and stay near large bodies of water.
EARTH: Go very defensive, and make steady advancements towards them. Catapult for speed is always a good idea, *use your environment*
AIR: Stay way off the ground, move absurdly fast, but always be ready to defend with airshield. When you use airswipe, try getting close so they get hit with more damage.

owlcool

Verified Member
From my experience...
Avatar: go into Avatar State and die anyway.[/ote]
You should not be allowed to use avatarstate if you have died in avatar state. Unless you like being called op for the rest of your life.
This should applie to all the avatar abusers.
Not bad at all.
You need to think of a certain tactic. The best benders have the most complicated tactics._.
My advice: The wiki explains fighting styles. May you find some tips there. My tactic for water bending is being quick. My air bending tactic is from real life (Ba-Gua)
Good advice.
chi blockers on my server take out fire benders easy, so i dont see your problem with fire....
Your server does not have fire combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.