• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed Avatars/Donaters losing their Elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the dev build of the Korra plugin.

The curremt bug, is causing my donaters to lose Elements, etc. I have two ranks, avatar which gets all 4 elements. Then avatar state, which gets all 4 plus the state. I realize that the plugin uses the same permission nodes as the current bending? I believe so. Anyway, i have automated ranks, and instead now with the new plugin I have to manually add everyones elements. And the avatar state donaters can't bind state at all, even having the permission node: bending.admin.Avatarstate. If your plugin is using a different list of plugin nodes, please direct me to them. Otherwise, could you intregrate the same nodes to fit the pervious version of bending.
This would help me update to the new bending plugin and allow my avatarstate and avatar ranks to keep their elements and state keep their avatar state.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Buying Avatar is in direct violation of Mojang's EULA, regardless, I'll stay out of that part.

We not once posted that we were using the same permission nodes as the original Bending plugin, our import methods are documented to import all elements from orion's. You can find a full list of permissions on the wiki.

Tony

Verified Member
Buying Avatar is in direct violation of Mojang's EULA, regardless, I'll stay out of that part.

We not once posted that we were using the same permission nodes as the original Bending plugin, our import methods are documented to import all elements from orion's. You can find a full list of permissions on the wiki.
Oh my gosh thank you, tell all the other server owners that. It makes the game so unfair when they can literally Pay to win instead of Playing to win

ServerElementals

Verified Member

As is selling anything

'So the one major rule is that (unless we specifically agree it – such as in brand and asset usage guidelines) you must not:

• give copies of our Game to anyone else;
  • make commercial use of anything we‘ve made;
  • try to make money from anything we‘ve made; or
  • let other people get access to anything we‘ve made in a way that is unfair or unreasonable.'
  • Source: https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula
Mojang hasnt updated their EULA. No one has listened to it for the past 5 years, why would anyone listen it now. Mojang even said they wouldn't.

Oh my gosh thank you, tell all the other server owners that. It makes the game so unfair when they can literally Pay to win instead of Playing to win
Servers are expensive, they've got to be run somehow... You've got to have something worth purchasing.

Sorry If I come across as rude or something similar, i'm just very against the EULA and mojangs recent actions.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
To be fair, people are making that money for their own personal reasons not involved with running the server, but I agree. No kid wants to donate to be a good person. Selling perks is seemingly the only way.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You have absolutely no right to make money off of their game. By buying Minecraft you signed a legal contract agreeing to that, meaning you can be sued for not following it.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
What most servers say is that it is a donation. Most abide by that definition and don't have the profits to themselves, they invest it back in the server. There are some who do not invest into the server though.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
If it's all the same with you, I'd personally like to know decent alternatives o:
Ways to pay off your server that Mojang approves of:
  • You can have people pay you to advertise something on your server.
  • You can have people pay you for non-game changing items.
    • This is stuff like pets, particles etc.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Ways to pay off your server that Mojang approves of:
  • You can have people pay you to advertise something on your server.
  • You can have people pay you for non-game changing items.
    • This is stuff like pets, particles etc.
So cosmetic stuff is all good and well, like ranks that are purely just the name and sparkly stuff, yeah? :D

ServerElementals

Verified Member
You have absolutely no right to make money off of their game. By buying Minecraft you signed a legal contract agreeing to that, meaning you can be sued for not following it.
You don't need a minecraft account to run a server.

So cosmetic stuff is all good and well, like ranks that are purely just the name and sparkly stuff, yeah? :D
By following that you're complying with a blog post, not an official legal document. Which still states '
So the one major rule is that (unless we specifically agree it – such as in brand and asset usage guidelines) you must not:

• let other people get access to anything we‘ve made in a way that is unfair or unreasonable.'
  • Source: https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula'

V

Vidcom

You don't need a minecraft account to run a server.

By following that you're complying with a blog post, not an official legal document. Which still states '
So the one major rule is that (unless we specifically agree it – such as in brand and asset usage guidelines) you must not:

• Source: https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula'
"let people get access to anything we've made in a way that is unfair or unreasonable"
Reason is a highly subjective item on this list, and I'm fairly sure the ability to be sparkly because you paid the owner is not unfair to anyone. Sure you look glam but you won't win a fight just because you twinkle.

ServerElementals

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure there is a eula.txt file now. Which is saying you agree to it..
Only if you update to 1.7.10 ;).
"let people get access to anything we've made in a way that is unfair or unreasonable"
Reason is a highly subjective item on this list, and I'm fairly sure the ability to be sparkly because you paid the owner is not unfair to anyone. Sure you look glam but you won't win a fight just because you twinkle.
That wasnt really the statement I was focusing, I mean this one
  • try to make money from anything we‘ve made
Which nearly every server on minecraft is doing. You could only be selling sparkles, but still mojang could sue you. And since it looks like microsoft might buy minecraft, they might even enforce the Eula.

V

Vidcom

Which nearly every server on minecraft is doing. You could only be selling sparkles, but still mojang could sue you. And since it looks like microsoft might buy minecraft, they might even enforce the Eula.
The thing is, this clause doesn't apply unless you're making it a donor perk to use vanilla items. Like, pay $50 and you unlock the rank to use diamond armour. Since the plugins are not Mojang creations, they are exempt from this term. They are not exempt from the rules against selling through the game, however.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member

The particle thing DOES NOT count... They don't want you to make money, but you can still sell stuff so the server stays open.. There is this sort of gray area.

Status
Not open for further replies.