• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Avatar Ability Nerfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
On many servers I go on, there is the option to donate your money for access to more than 1 element. And ive noticed an unbalance with many people who have multiple elements. All of the elements have their respective strengths and weaknesses, which keeps them balanced. However once somebody has multiple elements some of those weaknesses which are key to balancing the elements go away.

I want to suggest a config option for server owners to reduce the damage and increase the cooldown of moves when people have moves from multiple elements bound. For example lets say Im a firebender, I donated and got airbending as a reward. If I bind an air ability my firebending and airbending abilities both get a reduced damage and increased cooldown. You would also be able to exclude certain people from this such as your servers avatar that you cycle through every time period. I think it would be possible to create a file that holds the names of the players that are excluded. It would automatically exclude people who have /bending avatar, from the nerfs by default.

Lets say there was a theoretical battle on a pk server with jedcore, between a person with 1 element and a person with four can combine the strengths of all 4 elements, air's mobility, fire's damage output, earth's defensive capability, and water's versatility. And suffer little to none of the weaknesses these elements have alone, has a distinct advantage over everybody.

This is what the config would look like.

Code:
MultipleElementsNerf:
           Enabled: false
           CooldownAddition: 2(in seconds)
           DamageReduction: 1.0
           MinElementsRequires: 2 (the number of elements needed to apply this to you)
           ExcludeOps: false
           ExcludeAvatar: true

For the people who will say, multibending has disadvantages too, my response to it is, its disadvantages do not equal the amount of advantages it gives, unlike having only 1 element.

Oh, and don't even get me started on Chi blocking plus bending.

Kiam

Verified Member
This is an interesting idea but I'm not sure how well it would work or how popular it would be. I think the values here could be edited a bit to fit a wider range of abilities? I'm not sure. It seems like a "one size fits all" solution for a bigger issue which would probably need a much more in-depth configuration to work nicely.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is an interesting idea but I'm not sure how well it would work or how popular it would be. I think the values here could be edited a bit to fit a wider range of abilities? I'm not sure. It seems like a "one size fits all" solution for a bigger issue which would probably need a much more in-depth configuration to work nicely.
Ok, Ill try to make my possible configurations more in depth, thanks for the feed back :D!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Not seeing the current stuff being a problem, but while this gives a variety of more intuitive options to pick from, I would say why not giving this a go.

Loony

Verified Member
I disagree with this idea.

Having multiple elements gives you some sort of an advantage, but not that big of one that you need reduced damage. The disadvantage from this would be too great compared to the advantage they gain in the first place.

The only real advantage is from passives. The extra moves are only good if you're good with them. It can make a great player greater, but it can't make a bad player good. I've always been able to kill avatars with one element only.

This change would encourage players not to donate for extra elements. If my bending would be weaker I would be less enclined to purchase an extra element. I understand this idea is for balancing reasons, but at the same time it doesn't make much sense.

I'm going to deny this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.