• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied AirSwipe should deflect only charge fireblast attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Aang recovers from his dazed state just in time to defend against the attack, using a blast of wind to deflect the fireball into one of the massive walls of ice on either side of the ship.

• AirSwipe should deflect it to a random direction (not based of the cursor)
    • To make it less op and dangerious (eg. might redirect to nearby ally)
  • Limited to certain amount of times and/or cooldown.
  • ???

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Aang recovers from his dazed state just in time to defend against the attack, using a blast of wind to deflect the fireball into one of the massive walls of ice on either side of the ship.

• AirSwipe should deflect it to a random direction (not based of the cursor)
    • To make it less op and dangerious (eg. might redirect to nearby ally)
  • Limited to certain amount of times and/or cooldown.
  • ???
Logically, a stronger blast should really just go through such a weak move. Provided, if you want to reduce the damage of a Charged Fireblast that'd been swiped, go ahead. But making it into a random ping pong game isn't a good idea.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Aang is just the prove of that. Also, it's not like waterbending: set it to deflect to a random location or sideways.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Aang is just the prove of that. Also, it's not like waterbending: set it to deflect to a random location or sideways.

Just because Aang did it doesn't mean it should be a stable of any element, or the bending plugin. A gif would also help if it's from the show.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
He did it with a Glider, so perhaps that tool could be involve.

I always post gifs that I can find. For this, there isn't one...

SuperBower118

Verified Member
ITEMS. RPG doesn't include a glider.

Either way, items and other stuff relating to them should generally be kept in the RPG section of the plugin.
Realistically though, this is a buff that doesn't really pertain to the playstyle of Air. Air wasn't really meant to deflect things, and having air deflect a FireBlast will really just bring up the question of why Firebenders aren't able to do the same.
Both elements really shouldn't have redirecting, even if for air it is random. It's out of place, and there are better things that the devs can develop.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Fire shouldn't. I don't see how that would add sense to it If it could ._.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Fire shouldn't. I don't see how that would add sense to it If it could ._.

Considering Firebenders bend fire, I don't see why theoretically, they wouldn't be able to do it. They are able to augment fire sources around them, and a blast of fire is just another fire source, just one that's moving.

Also if Fire shouldn't (which I think it shouldn't), then please explain how this would fit into air's rather mostly pacifistic playstyle that is minimal on the offense and has virtually no real sense of redirection.

This may have been only shown once in the show, but I'm not opposing it because it was only shown once. I'm opposing it because it makes no sense and the mechanic does not fit in with the rest of air's gameplay mechanics.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Also if Fire shouldn't (which I think it shouldn't), then please explain how this would fit into air's rather mostly pacifistic playstyle that is minimal on the offense and has virtually no real sense of redirection.
That seems a pacifistic deed... no? And I need mention it could just push the projectile to a wall.

Considering Firebenders bend fire, I don't see why theoretically, they wouldn't be able to do it. They are able to augment fire sources around them, and a blast of fire is just another fire source, just one that's moving.
I wasn't talking about redirecting same element though.

This may have been only shown once in the show, but I'm not opposing it because it was only shown once. I'm opposing it because it makes no sense and the mechanic does not fit in with the rest of air's gameplay mechanics.
Rare Chance/Probability it could be perhaps? Just like an easter egg.

Loony

Verified Member
Just because the description said fireball doesn't mean that translate to our version of charged fireblast. I'm denying this suggestion, however, adding physics to bending moves is definitely something I want to explore for collisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.