• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied AirPunch???

Which name?

• Total voters

Cucckoo

I'm sick of AirSwipe spam. It's stale and I want to see more diverse battles. Only Firebenders effectively take fall damage, and they can negate that with Firejet. Because of this, Airbenders aren't able to be clever with PVP and have to resort to this sick AirSwipe spam.

Is this ability passive or must it be bound?: Bound
Which element is this ability for?:Air
Ability Name (Passive abilities do not need names):AirPunch or AirJab or WindJab or WindPunch
Damage (If applicable -- passive abilities tend to not do damage): 1 Damage, 1/2 a heart (subject to change)
Area of Effect / Distance (If applicable):Long Range, 20 blocks (about 5 blocks more than AirSwipe).

Effect: Speed should be as fast if not faster than the functional EarthBlast or WaterManipulation. Projectile is the size of a block. (It would look nice as a projectile, not a gust of wind.) Regular knockback as from a punch. It would also be nice to be able to "curve" a punch by shifting at a source block to attack from an angle.
COOLDOWN: Third of a Second (subject to change)

I want to spice up PVP for Air. With this comes an extended, quick punch/jab that can keep airbenders from left clicking on their AirSwipe slot and click on other slots. The option to "curve" the punches adds a geometrical aspect as you can attack from other angles. The knockback isn't strong but enough to teeter the opponent. The damage isn't overwhelming; it would take 20 punches or 10 seconds to kill another player assuming they are standing still and not regenerating health through hunger, but the range gives the user an advantage. The projectile is small enough so that it only affects one player, which keeps the move from becoming too strong in crowded fights.
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Airbending

look at the airpunch/kick

This could be used almost as a passive ability! I think we should add a passive for air that when you punch with your bare fist, you get a slight bit more knockback (of course configurable).

Migsel

I was thinking maybe it could do like 1.5 hearts of damage, have the same cooldown as airswipe (configurable), have a long range and possibly be redirected like earthblast or watermanipulation (configurable). I also agree that air needs more than just airswipe for damaging.

Elzoz

Id see this more like a 3 punch combo and then a small Cooldown, so the Damage would depend on amount hits, like 1-1.5 each hit with a 0.5 delay inbetween the Punches, and they need to be rather fast and a Range att 10-15 :)