• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Air improveent??

ferinine

Verified Member
So i was wondering something, I know many of you didn't like my previous sugestions and that is fine. but i have been watching the Avatar the last airbender searies. (i was rather unknowledgable on the show since this plugin got me to watch it.) and i realized that some moves are a little strange. The first thing i noticed is that the tornado which is implemented in this plugin only works while shifting and being very precise. in the show their are many times when Aang summons up a gust of air quickly that throws enemies outward, sometimes even picking them up. Shouldn't we have a move that allows us to create a stationairy tornado (perhaps whirlwind since tornado already exists) which can be activated quickly to remove enemies from near by. I realize air shield does this to an extent but as it can be activated imediately in quick sucestion without cooldown and yet doesn't push enemies very far, nor block any elemental attacks, I think a move that pushes them much farther with longer cooldown would be more fair to airbenders. (ps, i have playd all bending types for a while and it feels like air is pretty helpless, they need standard gear in order to fight well on flat ground and deal minimal damage.)

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
So i was wondering something, I know many of you didn't like my previous sugestions and that is fine. but i have been watching the Avatar the last airbender searies. (i was rather unknowledgable on the show since this plugin got me to watch it.) and i realized that some moves are a little strange. The first thing i noticed is that the tornado which is implemented in this plugin only works while shifting and being very precise. in the show their are many times when Aang summons up a gust of air quickly that throws enemies outward, sometimes even picking them up. Shouldn't we have a move that allows us to create a stationairy tornado (perhaps whirlwind since tornado already exists) which can be activated quickly to remove enemies from near by. I realize air shield does this to an extent but as it can be activated imediately in quick sucestion without cooldown and yet doesn't push enemies very far, nor block any elemental attacks, I think a move that pushes them much farther with longer cooldown would be more fair to airbenders. (ps, i have playd all bending types for a while and it feels like air is pretty helpless, they need standard gear in order to fight well on flat ground and deal minimal damage.)
Note: this is just my suggestion and you don't have to do it: You should try to chop up your details and paragraphs so it doesn't get confusing and it stays more organized.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Airshield blocks a lot of fire's attacks and the combo Twister picks up people that get hit by it. Also, air is anything but helpless...

NinjaK

Verified Member
I main air, and it definitely isn't helpless. Sure it doesn't do much damage, but if you are fast enough and can quickly switch between your abilities, as well as use airblast constantly to move quickly around your opponent, you'll be a pretty powerful opponent.

Loony

Verified Member
Moved to general discussion.
You're not suggestion a specific move, you're talking about having more moves that do a certain thing.

ferinine

Verified Member
I will answer things in the following order to try and better explain my idea. HydroMan, airblast and burst are two of my main moves ofcourse while playing airbender. The conept i'm thinking of is to get more of an AOE attack that lingers, such as fire wall does.

Fearless. Thanks for the concept it does seem like a good idea.

Super and Ninja. I don't mean it's completely helpless. I mean that if you stuck them in an closed arena with a roof and no gear. They tend to get killed quickly by a bender who knows what they're doing. It's true that they can evade well. (i actually like to play with a sword in hand using blast to get in close hit them with the sword and blast throwing them back and the whip em with burst.) unfortunately without gear though they can't hit hard quickly, also their evasion requires fairly large amounts of food, meaning in gearless combat.( which i am discussing do to both starting and should gear break.) they could use an ability that keeps a block between them and their oponent allowing them to heal. + if the move pushed the oponent in the air or did suffocation damage it would be a great tatical asset.

To any of you, does that help explain my idea better?

Verified Member
I will answer things in the following order to try and better explain my idea. HydroMan, airblast and burst are two of my main moves ofcourse while playing airbender. The conept i'm thinking of is to get more of an AOE attack that lingers, such as fire wall does.

Super and Ninja. I don't mean it's completely helpless. I mean that if you stuck them in an closed arena with a roof and no gear. They tend to get killed quickly by a bender who knows what they're doing. It's true that they can evade well. (i actually like to play with a sword in hand using blast to get in close hit them with the sword and blast throwing them back and the whip em with burst.) unfortunately without gear though they can't hit hard quickly, also their evasion requires fairly large amounts of food, meaning in gearless combat.( which i am discussing do to both starting and should gear break.) they could use an ability that keeps a block between them and their oponent allowing them to heal. + if the move pushed the oponent in the air or did suffocation damage it would be a great tatical asset.

I love the way you handled this situation. *clap**clap**clap*

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
Stationary Tornado: Hold shift with Tornado > Left click the ground where you want it to be placed > Release shift and do whatever, Tornado dissipates after 5 seconds and you can't use it at all until in disappears

Moving Tornado: Hold shift with Tornado > Left click in the direction where you want it to move > Release shit and do whatever, Tornado dissipates after 5 seconds and you can't use it at all until it disappears

Do you like it?

Verified Member
Stationary Tornado: Hold shift with Tornado > Left click the ground where you want it to be placed > Release shift and do whatever, Tornado dissipates after 5 seconds and you can't use it at all until in disappears

Moving Tornado: Hold shift with Tornado > Left click in the direction where you want it to move > Release shit and do whatever, Tornado dissipates after 5 seconds and you can't use it at all until it disappears

Do you like it?
Yes but twister would be ridundant

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
ok so let me sum this up
step 1 use airblast
step 2 use airswipe
step 3 use occasional combo
step 4 become a pro
step 5 profit

k so
airbending is already strong enough in the default, i have no problems killing mostly everyone i see
but to be honest airblast can already do what you are asking and quite well, if you can aim/time it right

SuperBower118

Verified Member

Well then all I have to say to you is to learn how to be a deadly airbender.
I've been trapped in a cave with an airbender and they STILL did a good amount of damage to me, and a couple of times, they've killed me after I've killed them.
Want to know why? Airswipe. It blocks practically everything that fire can throw an airbender. Literally. The main offensive that fire has against an airbender in a cave is walloffire, but that's a stationary move. Trying to stand in one place to charge up lightning (even though you can move around some) just lets you get hit by an airsweep easier... Sure you can firejet and charge up moves, but with airswipe's low cooldown, it's easy to constantly hit a firebender as they jet around. My point is: Air's offensive is fine right now.

ferinine

Verified Member
Well I have some new news that changes things a bit. First. editing the config can greatly aid in improving the airbender (by the way guys i don't have anything against them and i know they can be leathal. but i was just talking about evening things out a bit.) however i discovered that editing the config a bit on twister does indeed do the type of tornado i'm looking for. Thanks for all the comments though. Ps if anyone can tell me how to make it so that on my server you don't haveto shift for air and waterbubble. i would greatley apreciate it.