• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Air bending Move

Do you think airgust should be a move?

• Yes, I think it should be added

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, I think it shouldn't be added

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TFORTNT

Verified Member
I am an air bender and I generally love everything about it but I don't understand why there isn't a move called air gust. What it will do is basically a lessened version of surge but with air, I do believe there should be a cool down for it maybe about 1 second earlier than air swipe. And maybe u can add a combo with it involving a gust being as powerful if not more than surge. It will include air blast and air gust. thanks, bye!

TFORTNT

Verified Member
Why is this needed? You got airblast and airburst. Use them!
Air blast only has a small radius and doesn't knock them back to far, air gust will have a larger radius and can knock them back further, so it's great for groups. Why not air burst? Because airburst you have to charge up and when your an airbender, you rely on every second so it's a bit useless to me and my friends. On the server I play on you don't find many people using it at all. That is why air gust in my opinion should be added.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Airblast would just be useless than, because its useless compared to AirGust. Bending arts are diversive from one another, no need to have rip-offs. Yes, Spouts contradict that, but both were iconic and often performed by airbenders and waterbenders.

Useful for groups? How would it be If you're suggesting to shrink it down the duplicate. Rough size for Surge is 4x4, so this would just make it 2x2, which is way small for groups.

TFORTNT

Verified Member
Airblast would just be useless than, because its useless compared to AirGust. Bending arts are diversive from one another, no need to have rip-offs. Yes, Spouts contradict that, but both were iconic and often performed by airbenders and waterbenders.

Useful for groups? How would it be If you're suggesting to shrink it down the duplicate. Rough size for Surge is 4x4, so this would just make it 2x2, which is way small for groups.
The thing about air blast is that it can be use in rapid succession and many combos, airgust can't be used in rapid succession and it will be 3x3 not 4x4 like surge.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well you don't really respect If you ask me to leave this thread because I expressed this idea as a rip-off, lol. You should have already told me that instead of lying.

TFORTNT

Verified Member
Well you don't really respect If you ask me to leave this thread because I expressed this idea as a rip-off, lol. You should have already told me that instead of lying.
I'm just saying that this area is for suggestions, not an arguing center

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm just saying that this area is for suggestions, not an arguing center
Nobody said suggestions can't receive critism from others. Isn't that the point of the forums anyway? Where were we arguing? I don't think we were.

At the very least, you should expect feedback from others when starting a thread. You are allowed disagree, but it would better If you do it politely instead of telling me to leave :)

Last edited:

TFORTNT

Verified Member
Nobody said suggestions can't receive critism from others. Isn't that the point of the forums anyway? Where were we arguing? I don't think we were.

At the very least, you should expect feedback from others when starting a thread. You are allowed disagree, but it would better If you do it politely instead of telling me to leave :)
I didn't ask you to leave, I simply said that you should spend time on other forum posts. Also, saying that this is lame isn't constructive criticism, the two other comments that you made were useful, the third one wasn't, that's all

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I see what you want, and it can be achieved with out someone needing to take the time to create a move. Your reason why AirBurst won't work as a replacement to this suggestion is because of the cool down. Take away that cool down and you have your solution. I would urge you to speak with the server owners of the server you play on to change their AirBurst cool down to make this suggestion possible. Sorry, but I truly think someone spending their time recoding something that already exists is a waste of time. If the server owners won't change the cool down, then they won't add AirGust if someone made it; this being because they do the exact same thing.

I see where you're coming from, but with the right config edits this already exists.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What your looking is probably Twister, but not as a combo, which obviously would make that current combo useless If this was implanted, and there is the problem. It isn't airbend-ish. How many times you seen water launch waves compare to what ability you describe as an counterpart for air? This 'AirGust' is just airblast with a weaker pushfactor by the given/set through config. Don't like it? Ask the server owner/organizer to change it up to make it AirGust.

@floory565 @Easte @Pickle9775

Last edited:

Pride

Verified Member
How about not naming it AirGust and instead naming it Gust?

And as for the "ability", it's honestly just useless. AirBlast is more than enough to satisfy this "AirGust", for 3 reasons.
1.) The knockback.
2.) The cooldown.
3.) How annoying it is.

As for you,
you should go to other threads instead of calling it a rip off.
You kinda told him to leave at that very sentence. :)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
As for you,
He complain to you when you told him to leave? Lol, the OP is hypocrite.

Though this an Twister in my opinion. Except that combo could be a little bit be improved by allowing to be shot in air, but still follow straight-air horizontally. I'll provide a gif of an airbender doing that.

Original Poster also suggested an buffed version of Gust in a combo, but I dislike the idea of a stronger attack combo of an ability duplicate, which is the reason I disaprove of jetblast.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Last edited:

TFORTNT

Verified Member
How about not naming it AirGust and instead naming it Gust?

And as for the "ability", it's honestly just useless. AirBlast is more than enough to satisfy this "AirGust", for 3 reasons.
1.) The knockback.
2.) The cooldown.
3.) How annoying it is.

As for you,
Pride, I gave up this move because instead I wanted funnel burst to be changed to a cooldown. I also know that you don't like air at all and do not want me to be annoying to you in game...which was like months ago. You can drop it now as I build and don't usually go to spawn much anymore. So dont let me stand in the way of making air a better element.

Pride

Verified Member
Pride, I gave up this move because instead I wanted funnel burst to be changed to a cooldown. I also know that you don't like air at all and do not want me to be annoying to you in game...which was like months ago. You can drop it now as I build and don't usually go to spawn much anymore. So dont let me stand in the way of making air a better element.
I like Air. ;p
It's honestly my second favorite Element. I just think that this move is just overall useless. ;p

But that's alright, I don't even play on Phan anymore, I quit that server like a month ago. R.i.p your statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.