• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Addon Ideas

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hello all! I have a request. I would like ideas for addons. But I have some conditions:

* Don't link threads to suggested ideas of any kind
* Original ideas, nothing like a new version of some already existing ability
* I'm not looking for anything strictly canon, but I will not consider something that is illogical

Those are my terms. I will look at all ideas that abide by those.

I will reply to and quote ideas that I deem not fitting the conditions.

All those I don't reply to I will gather and start a list, ideas I would want to make.

Go!

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I like making original addons.
Understandable. But a lot of the things I'd like to see have already been suggested (You specifically said you didn't want links) and when trying to think of something "original" I just kept thinking of better ways to make things that already exist. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Personally I'd like to see the current state of things to be improved before seeing new things being added. Just seems like people are more focused on quantity rather than quality but hey, that's just me.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Understandable. But a lot of the things I'd like to see have already been suggested (You specifically said you didn't want links) and when trying to think of something "original" I just kept thinking of better ways to make things that already exist. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Personally I'd like to see the current state of things to be improved before seeing new things being added. Just seems like people are more focused on quantity rather than quality but hey, that's just me.
I view addons as supposed to add new things that core doesn't. I want improvements on the core itself, not through addons. That's why I am a PK developer.

If an idea improves on something already existing, it should go in core. Not be an addon.

Before I became a PK dev, I suggested a lot of improvements to core. Go check if you want. If I wanted to make addons that would act as improvements upon core, I would go do any of those.

I would like original ideas that add onto core, as the name Addon suggests.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
That's why I am a PK developer.
As a Pk developer you have to make the improvements/changes your told to. From what I understand you follow the Trello and the Trello continues to be changed by Concept Designers. Doesn't seem like you have free will to make the changes you want.

If an idea improves on something already existing, it should go in core. Not be an addon.
It probably should go in Core. I could say my HighJump Replacement should go in Core, but it probably won't. For those people who want something changed, and want something changes NOW rather than waiting another year, they will have the add-on. The difference between improving withe Pk and improving with Add-Ons is that add-ons are released a lot quicker than Pk releases. The players who want something change (For example a waterbending rework) could get that a lot quicker if someone developed it outside of Pk.

I would like original ideas that add onto core, as the name Addon suggests.
An improvement would "add onto core" Chances are if you're remaking a move you're giving it new functionality, not only making it look pretty. Add-ons serve as an outlet for people to make things where Pk is lacking, or just to make really cool things. Pk lacks a lot as of now so, personally, I'd like to see more things created were Pk is lacking and I don't think adding another ability to bind is what is necessarily needed right now.

If you want to develop something completely, 100% original, then by all means do it. I'm just saying from my PoV another ability to bind isn't what Pk needs right now. But maybe you're looking more towards "cool, nifty, sweet, awesome, amazing add-on" than you are "Pk needs this"

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I think he doesn't want you linking because he's going to look through them all himself? Or he wants something not publicly seen yet? Idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I view addons as supposed to add new things that core doesn't. I want improvements on the core itself, not through addons. That's why I am a PK developer.
What's wrong with that though? Addons are kinda imo take the fun out of the core, since they are very popular and does a huge impact to the plugin even if not intented, because well, it kinda interacts with the whole tactics and stragedy aspect of the pluin. You don't need to be PK developer to improve. You can do it through addons, and as an addon developersu you can pretty much the shape plugin however you want. Like Seriously. People did improved stocked abilities in an addon before: +seismicsense, +bloodbending, +bottlebending.

However, If you really preterminde to not improve (which btw I'm not trying encourage, but more recommend opposite), you can look up the suggestions that were DENIED and try replacing it with a minor tweaks you feel could shape in your taste (thought, it would be If you trying focusing on what OTHERS would like it, not just give yourself a bias look).

As for what can I offer without posting mine or my favourite suggestions from others, I can only give a vague hint on what I expect and would want to see in a new addon:

Airbending: less about dealing direct damage; more creative ways to overwhelm and defeat your targets.
Firebending: improve shield variation or something.
Earthbending:
1An ability that states the effect of blocks: e.g, stone into garvel, lava into magma, sandstone into sand (a good combat use If clicked on ceiling to allow to drop on opponents.
2.Also, maybe like the move that Aang which he cause a massive rock fall from the celling in the catacombs.
3.EarthGloves (waterarms variation).
Waterbending: a new plant ability, an ability to plant rain, snow specific ability, snowman manipulation, extention to waterbubble - like a passive that adds a water breathing status affect from your radius affecting others.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Chi blocking:
  • CartWheel
    • By holding sneak and moving left or right (by default control settings: A & D) you should be able to dash to respective direction 7 blocks away from original standing point. Ty lee did this!
  • NetThrow
    • Left/Right click: this will quickly send a line of floating string from you, with the end tip having a cobweb, to where you clicked. If it hits a humanoid entity: a hollow cobweb square pyramid, with the bottom of 5x5, will form around the striked player/mob-- leaving them imprisoned.
  • AuraReading
    • Ty lee could read auras.
    • With this, you can left click or sneak. When you read someone's aura., you'll be able to tell If they have any status effects on them and what kind, via notified privately in the chat.
      • If you left click, you'll be able to tell the "aura" of the person by just looking at him/her with the cursor pointing.
      • If you tap sneak, you'll be able to see everyone's aura in a certain radius from yours.
    • Additionally, you can "cure" these status effect by changing their aura, via looking at them and holding sneak ,then left click.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Chi blocking:
  • CartWheel
    • By holding sneak and moving left or right (by default control settings: A & D) you should be able to dash to respective direction 7 blocks away from original standing point. Ty lee did this!
  • NetThrow
    • Left/Right click: this will quickly send a line of floating string from you, with the end tip having a cobweb, to where you clicked. If it hits a humanoid entity: a hollow cobweb square pyramid, with the bottom of 5x5, will form around the striked player/mob-- leaving them imprisoned.
That defeated the purpose of no linking... You've already suggested these lol

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Seriously, why worth the wait? There are ton of addons that most consider good, with or none some improvement, that are worth of entry to become stock/official. EarthSmash and Waterarms were something that were custom before PK found an interest in them. Whilst they were totally indepenent abilities, we got also ton of others improve existing one's: +Illumination, +Bloodbending, +EarthArmor, +BottleBending, +SeismicSense, +AirScooter and more. Creating addons that change and spice existing abilities would really bring more bending and in terms of players, that used to play it. Like trust me. Bending would be even more interesting. Bending really got boring overtime because due to there being great addons, but not as great as given in the suggestions section. I feel like, and it's just my observation, that addon creators don't really ask for what OTHERS want. And speaking of threads, I appreciate for you to do such and I encourage other authors to do that as well.

Try your best proving better addons than of the JedCores ;). I know, it is a competition contest, but still...

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What you don't realize is that we at pk are improving core. Just because it's not the way you wanted doesn't mean we aren't improving core. You guys don't get any right to decide what needs improving. I personally will stand by what the concept designers decide because they understand better where the plugin needs to go.

Also if you'll take a look at most addons, they release faster because it is a lot less code to work with. The average addon has I would say no more than a few hundred lines. Pk core is upwards of 75000 lines if I remember correctly. A project of this scale isn't going to be able to release as fast, there's no possible way. We also have more complex problems, conflicts of views and ideas in the team which need to be sorted, and we strive to make sure our code is better quality than the average addon. Most of what addons release isn't new content, it's bug fixes. Now I like to think I strive for the same quality in my addons, and I believe it shows, given that only a few have had any really noticeable bugs. I don't release updates on my addons as often for such reasons.

I would not take it upon myself to make external improvements to the project.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
What you don't realize is that we at pk are improving core. Just because it's not the way you wanted doesn't mean we aren't improving core. You guys don't get any right to decide what needs improving. I personally will stand by what the concept designers decide because they understand better where the plugin needs to go.
Now you're taking this too personal lol. We weren't saying core wasn't being improved, we were arguing you about your statement: "If an idea improves on something already existing, it should go in core. Not be an add-on"

Now in your second paragraph you just proved why improvements are better for add-ons until the core is released.... It's faster getting an add on out rather than the whole plugin.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
"you don't realize". Lol, If that was a true, I wouldn't be lurking in the forums posting a kazillion of ideas on how to improve. And isn't that the main reason we got freedom of each here? We shouldn't be to comment If we are trashing and putting your ideas that you work upon bringing in the plugin.

Or... If you don't like suggestions, you can even ask concept designers ideas for us. If we don't wanna hear what needs improving, why you made this thread asking us that?

I would not take it upon myself to make external improvements to the project.
That's fine with me. I just wanted to try to change your mind. People aren't active as much as they used to, but I wish you luck of getting responses from other members to for ideas your looking to make in an addon. I myself can't really provide any tips, because I have all of it expressed it on the forums and I got inspiration for anything currently right now. Sorry. Maybe next time, I'll have some creativity inside me.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm just trying to help you out dude. I'm very aware of the " it's not the way you wanted doesn't mean we aren't improving core" fact. I just thought a lot quicker and feasible to give core suggestions out right to us via through addons. I just don't believe you'll get any ideas out of this thread, because due to number of members that comment and most ideas can be picked from the Suggestions section.