• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Add NB back to the server list.

SilverWarrior_1

Verified Member
Ignore the title. Issue has been resolved.

Hello all. For the readers of this will-be scathing and utterly merciless thread about the thread on why NB was removed from the list, I am SilverWarrior_1 (said thread is here: http://projectkorra.com/threads/removing-nb-from-the-project-korra-server-list-requested.2711/page-2 ). AKA Silver. AKA Umbreon1 for a month or two. AKA a loyal member of NB who is staff there (I'm admin there, for any curious readers) (been admin for a few months) (but have been with NB for three to four years).

Let's start with how I happened upon said thread. I remembered that a certain someone (not saying names or pointing fingers) once wrote quite a lovely thread about NB and why no one should go on it on these here forums. When I came across it, being the charming and compassionate person that I am, I wrote a "scathing and utterly merciless" reply to it on why the thread was complete stupidity and how NB was a great server.

Call me biased all you want. Only certain insults affect me, and being called biased is like water off of a duck's back. It means as little to me as a blade of grass or a pinecone. AKA pretty much nothing. But as I sit here typing this, I can assure you that every single word, every single space or letter or apostrophe or comma or period is TRUE. All TRUE. Starting with this:

Here is why:

1. When you asked for screenshots on the toxic players of the community, how many were shown? Oh, let me think. Was it five? No, that wasn't it. Six? No, that's not right. Ah, here it is. ONE. A Big Fat ONE. While math and I don't mix particularly well, I can assure you that there's one player shown (not counting the owner). I can assure you that jammybrad is banned and has been for a while.
2. (Continuing number one) A very, very, large portion of the toxic players that tainted the community and soiled the good name of NB (some still roam and foul the server, but they're on occasionally. Thankfully) (still not saying names) are banned. All. Banned. :)
3. I spared a cursory glance at the poll. And laughed. Again with the ones, people! ONE person voted yes. NO ONE ELSE VOTED.
4. The owner rarely goes on the server. For the (several) times I've seen him on the server, and for the few times I've talked to him, he actually seems nice. As for the screenshots of him, maybe he just had a bad day.
5. (Continuing number four) The builds are either wholly original or inspired from non-Minecraft builds. We have very talented builders on NB.
6. As for whoever was apparently insulted on whatever server: I'm sorry for whatever happened there. But the NB community is nice (now that the idiots are banned or they quit) and nothing like that server. Old NB was infested with toxic people. Not New NB. I can assure you that it's perfectly fine now. :)

Back to NB.

It's been a year. Something's bound to have changed between now and then. Oh, wait, now that I think of it… In fact, it has! Wow, would you look at that. How surprising. Something has changed!

Point being: Just give NB another chance.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Just don't be a jerk. ;)
Thank you! :)
- Silver, an Admin, Official Avatar and loyal member of NB

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
NB wasn't removed. The List just got updated and cleared all the bending servers, so everyone had to re-add their own back to it. You can even see that the admin (@Mist) said himself that he won't be removing servers based on what reputation it has with the pk and in general minecraft community (also, that was a year ago).

Oh and speaking a year ago... the thread is and got closed A YEAR AGO. So of course you cannot blame them for being critical, since you said it yourself: "old NB was infested with toxic people. Not New NB."

SilverWarrior_1

Verified Member
Too late now! :D
This was also to unsoil the name of NB. I've heard a LOT of talk about how NB is a crappy server and so is the community and so is the condfig, blah, blah, blah.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Too late now! :D
Yeah. While I don't know what is your server about and in what respect status it has, but I find it absurd to called a thread idiotic by the fact that a thread one year old was valid while right now to do this day it isn't anymore, lol (unless you're referring to a earlier time when it became community-friendly before 2015 like that thread falsely represents as it). Liket I said, dk anything about your server and whats goind on around there, as I do not recall ever playing it there/

SilverWarrior_1

Verified Member
Thanks.
(If it wasn't obvious I'm pretty much new to these forums).
(Thread fixed. Again).
(Also I can't add a server to the list, since I'm admin there. Not owner. But thanks for trying to help)

Last edited:

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Thanks.
(If it wasn't obvious I'm pretty much new to these forums).
(Thread fixed. Again).
(Also I can't add a server to the list, since I'm admin there. Not owner. But thanks for trying to help)
With permission from the owner, I see no reason why you couldn't post it here. You're an admin, and if they're a busy person, it shouldn't be much of a big deal for you to manage your servers page on the server list ;) As long as you have permission, it's fine :)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
With permission from the owner, I see no reason why you couldn't post it here. You're an admin, and if they're a busy person, it shouldn't be much of a big deal for you to manage your servers page on the server list ;) As long as you have permission, it's fine :)
Don't think there are any rules with who posts the server, so technically you can whenever or not you have the permission, you still can (from this forum side). Of course, from ethical view point it may be just plain rude to promote/sponsor a server if nobody (higher-ranked) ask to from there, but at the same its not - they might even be glad their helping out.

Lol, got carried away, but ok here's the moral story: you can post it anyway...

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Actually, it is a rule that you must own the server you're advertising. It's Rule #1 to be more precise. I agree that it should be fine as long as you have permission but... Rules are rules I guess.... Read Rule #1 here