• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

8/16/2015 Weekly Community Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone! It has been a while since we have given you a formal update as to what has been going on. If you haven't noticed, things have been moving rather quickly in ProjectKorra. Our staff size has more than doubled and we are getting things done at a much faster rate. Enjoy the read -- it'll probably be a longer one.

Statistics
  • 246 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (Core)
  • 71 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (RPG)
  • 36 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (Items)
  • 3,944 Registered Forum Members (831 users registered this summer (June - Present)!)

Staff News
There was a lot of internal reorganizing of our staff to make it much more intuitive and productive. We listened to the Community Survey we asked you to fill out a while back and made some appropriate changes. There are a lot of new staff members (most of you have gotten to know them already). You can find out who is who and what they do on the forum members page.

ProjectKorra (Core) News
We recently released ProjectKorra (Core) v1.7.0 and the response has been fantastic! Because of our much more productive staff we are able to shift focus toward v1.8.0 much faster than we usually shift toward future releases. We have already began discussing what will be going in. You will begin to see bits and pieces of this over the next couple of weeks, but I'll give you all this heads up: This build will focus on reworking and balancing what we already have. New abilities will be scarce, as we have a lot of cleaning up and fixing to do before we can feel okay about moving forward with new abilities. Trust me when I say that we have planned some cool stuff and we are excited to share it with you. Our staff is hard at work at planning / implementing some things as I type this.

Additionally, with 1.8.0 we will be using a new release model for our BETA builds. We will make use of the resources area on the forum to release Dev Builds, meaning, you will be able to downgrade to previous dev builds without having to find someone who didn't update. We will begin to use a similar model with our other plugins in the future.

ProjectKorra (Probending) News
No more stalling here! I have cracked down and finished our Probending plugin. We are now in the bug testing phase and I hope to have a build out by the end of this week. I ended up updating the original Probending plugin I created for the original Bending plugin and will begin adding new features to it after the initial release. Expect more news on this in the near future.

ProjectKorra (Spirits) News
This week, our Concept Designers have been asked to revisit ProjectKorra (Spirits). They will sort of rethink the project from the ground up and create a better plan for it. We are likely a fair amount of time away from the project, but with our new staff members, we can delegate tasks a bit better than before and we will likely begin actual work on the product in the near future. I am not seeing an ETA for this quite yet.

Wiki News
Our wiki is horrifically outdated and is no longer useful. We will be working to get rid of the ProjectKorra Wikia and move it toward a forum hosted Wiki. This means that you can expect a new and improved wiki to be written from the ground up by our Digital team in the coming weeks.

In closing: Thank you guys for an amazing summer of ProjectKorra. I am optimistic about what the future holds. As our community grows, with it grows the desire to pump out better products for everyone. I for one like this new phase of
'rethinking' what many have thought about the way Bending Minecraft was meant to be played. We are moving toward being the go-to Bending Minecraft community and we owe it to you guys! ProjectKorra started as a 'doomed to fail' side project of mine and I am grateful for how far it has come. We're excited, and you should be too!

Hero

Verified Member
Hello everyone! It has been a while since we have given you a formal update as to what has been going on. If you haven't noticed, things have been moving rather quickly in ProjectKorra. Our staff size has more than doubled and we are getting things done at a much faster rate. Enjoy the read -- it'll probably be a longer one.

Statistics
  • 246 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (Core)
  • 71 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (RPG)
  • 36 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (Items)
  • 3,944 Registered Forum Members (831 users registered this summer (June - Present)!)

Staff News
There was a lot of internal reorganizing of our staff to make it much more intuitive and productive. We listened to the Community Survey we asked you to fill out a while back and made some appropriate changes. There are a lot of new staff members (most of you have gotten to know them already). You can find out who is who and what they do on the forum members page.

ProjectKorra (Core) News
We recently released ProjectKorra (Core) v1.7.0 and the response has been fantastic! Because of our much more productive staff we are able to shift focus toward v1.8.0 much faster than we usually shift toward future releases. We have already began discussing what will be going in. You will begin to see bits and pieces of this over the next couple of weeks, but I'll give you all this heads up: This build will focus on reworking and balancing what we already have. New abilities will be scarce, as we have a lot of cleaning up and fixing to do before we can feel okay about moving forward with new abilities. Trust me when I say that we have planned some cool stuff and we are excited to share it with you. Our staff is hard at work at planning / implementing some things as I type this.

Additionally, with 1.8.0 we will be using a new release model for our BETA builds. We will make use of the resources area on the forum to release Dev Builds, meaning, you will be able to downgrade to previous dev builds without having to find someone who didn't update. We will begin to use a similar model with our other plugins in the future.

ProjectKorra (Probending) News
No more stalling here! I have cracked down and finished our Probending plugin. We are now in the bug testing phase and I hope to have a build out by the end of this week. I ended up updating the original Probending plugin I created for the original Bending plugin and will begin adding new features to it after the initial release. Expect more news on this in the near future.

ProjectKorra (Spirits) News
This week, our Concept Designers have been asked to revisit ProjectKorra (Spirits). They will sort of rethink the project from the ground up and create a better plan for it. We are likely a fair amount of time away from the project, but with our new staff members, we can delegate tasks a bit better than before and we will likely begin actual work on the product in the near future. I am not seeing an ETA for this quite yet.

Wiki News
Our wiki is horrifically outdated and is no longer useful. We will be working to get rid of the ProjectKorra Wikia and move it toward a forum hosted Wiki. This means that you can expect a new and improved wiki to be written from the ground up by our Digital team in the coming weeks.

In closing: Thank you guys for an amazing summer of ProjectKorra. I am optimistic about what the future holds. As our community grows, with it grows the desire to pump out better products for everyone. I for one like this new phase of
'rethinking' what many have thought about the way Bending Minecraft was meant to be played. We are moving toward being the go-to Bending Minecraft community and we owe it to you guys! ProjectKorra started as a 'doomed to fail' side project of mine and I am grateful for how far it has come. We're excited, and you should be too!
Doomed to fail eh...this worked out well. Panda Support!

HydroMan

Verified Member
Can we have a sneak peak video, or atleast a picture or just a hint in text on incoming probending plugin feature(s)?