• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

4/10/2015 Weekly Community Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone! Hopefully you guys have by now realized that the last community update (by @Vidcom) was a complete joke (April Fools). I also hope you guys have noticed we have been getting a lot done as of late in preparation for some things coming up. Read on for more info.

Statistics
  • 205 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (Core) as of this post (Metrics)
  • 10 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (Items) as of this post (Metrics)
  • 69 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (Items) as of this post (Metrics)
  • 2,611 Registered Forum Users

ProjectKorra (Core) v1.6.0

We have been working on ProjectKorra (Core) v1.6.0 for quite a while now if you hadn't noticed. Our last stable release was back on December 7th (1.5.1). From that point we sort of created a long list of things we wanted to accomplish for 1.6.0 and we did a moderately okay job at sticking to it. However, as has passed there are some items that just wont be done for 1.6.0. We have gone way over the time we expected to spend on this update and feel that it is in our best interest to do a release soon.

That said, we will be spending the next couple of days working on putting some final touches on 1.6.0, finishing up some bug fixes and some minor cosmetic changes. Expect a full release of 1.6.0 at some point next week, likely toward the weekend. If you think about the stuff that has gone into 1.6.0, it is a fairly extensive update with things like Wall Damage, EarthSmash, Flight, the new Suffocate, New Chi Abilities, API Rewrites, the new Lightning, etc.

Releasing 1.6.0 will allow us, as a staff to refocus and move toward 1.7.0. We will all have a discussion about where we want 1.7.0 to go and will release details to the community and begin development in short order.

Staff Changes

Some have noticed, but we haven't really discussed it much. There have been some internal changes among the staff. For one, both coastyo and Hit_Manx have been added to the Concept Design team (while keeping their roles as Graphic Artist and Wiki Team respectively). We are currently reorganizing the staff for increased efficiency and as a result had to let go some longtime Concept Designers due to inactivity.

I'd like to take this moment to send thanks to Majorite, Zolteex, and ashe36, the work they have done for the ProjectKorra Community has been absolutely phenomenal.

Suggestion Blitz

If you haven't noticed, a lot of suggestions for ProjectKorra (Core) have been responded to or marked as Looking Into / Denied. Our Concept Design team is working tirelessly on getting through as many as possible before we start working on 1.7.0. There are a couple of things to note about Suggestions:

1. Don't take denials personally. They aren't.

2. Our Concept Designers aren't picking favorites. Suggestions are marked completely based on whether or not the Concept Designer that is handling that suggestion feels that it would fit in the plugin. Truth is, most suggestions will get denied.

ProjectKorra (Spirits)

Despite the project being postponed for a bit (unofficially), we have begun to discuss it again. We will be planning ProjectKorra (Core) v1.7.0 around Spirits in a way, sort of like we did with 1.5.0 and RPG. 1.7.0 will add a lot of methods that allow us to create the Spirits plugin. Over the next couple of months we will be releasing more information about Spirits as we begin to work on the plugin.

ProjectKorra (Probending)

This is another project we temporarily shelved, but will be bringing back to the center of our attention in the near future. ProjectKorra (Probending) has been worked on, and will probably be done within the next month or so (tentative). If you haven't seen, I answered the questions from the FAQ thread and posted them on the ProjectKorra Website. View the questions and answers here: http://projectkorra.com/probendingfaq.php

ProjectKorra (Resource Pack)

Back at the beginning of 2015 we began to talk about a Resource Pack, even releasing a Beta. This was essentially finished but we failed to release it. It is likely this will be released (with a customizer utility) at some point over the next week or so. It goes far beyond what we have already released and I am excited to share it with the community. This is the first non-plugin our team has really accomplished, and it's absolutely wonderful.

More information about the pack, the customizer, and how to use it will come when the Resource Pack is released in full. Likely to be this week.

Misc. Plugins

I began talking about this with some members of the community lately, about what else we have planned for ProjectKorra. I'd like to point attention to the fact that we will do more than what we have already announced, we just aren't getting TOO far ahead of ourselves. Our focus right now is on Spirits, Probending, and Core, however, we have began to discuss other plugins that I think will excite the community. You can probably expect additional announcements as to future projects to come toward the beginning of the summer. I don't want to release too much information right now.

Sponsors

Just a shout out to our sponsors who are keeping this project alive. They help pay the forum bills and I am extremely grateful. We have begun to discuss specifics about reforming the sponsorship program, I'd look out for an announcement as to that within the next couple of weeks.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
So with Majorite, Zolteex, and Ashe gone, are any other concept designers going to be brought on besides Hit_Manx and Coastyo? Just thinking about how this would work, while they still have their positions that should be somewhat of a priority over concept designing

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
So with Majorite, Zolteex, and Ashe gone, are any other concept designers going to be brought on besides Hit_Manx and Coastyo? Just thinking about how this would work, while they still have their positions that should be somewhat of a priority over concept designing
There aren't any immediate plans to bring on new staff members. If anything we needed to downsize our staff. As far as jobs taking priority over another, Development and Concept Design are the two most demanding roles on the staff. Graphics doesn't do much unless we need a logo or whatever and Wiki Team is just when we need some new features documented.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
There aren't any immediate plans to bring on new staff members. If anything we needed to downsize our staff. As far as jobs taking priority over another, Development and Concept Design are the two most demanding roles on the staff. Graphics doesn't do much unless we need a logo or whatever and Wiki Team is just when we need some new features documented.
Okay. Just voicing my concerns. :p