• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

4/1/16 ~ Community Update

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Alright guys, so, we've decided to shift the community updates over to Fridays, that way we can try to get most stuff done on weekends. More play time amirite? Anyway, let's begin shall we?

Concept Design: Many of you have seen Fyf's post about sources. For those of you who have not, Fire and Air will now require sources in order to further balance out the PvP aspects. Fire for fire and air for air. Simple enough no?. Also in the line of concept design (hey that rhymed, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it): Easte has replaced Vidcom as the Head Concept Designer. Easte won the position after defeating him in a 1v1 duel. (More on this later).

Development: Two of our developers, Jedk1 and StrangeOne101 have been reassigned to the Welsh Department. As such we won't be seeing much from them for quite a while as they must now tend to the official Project Korra sheep.. In other news many people on servers are complaining about bugs, yet very few actually report them, so if you see somebody complaining, feel free to redirect them to our bug report section. Not to mention to praise the binary benevolence, OmniCypher

Digital: Seriously guys, this Q/A is for you to serve as a bridge between the worlds of users and creators of the plugins. Feel free to ask away.

Community Moderators: There has been a general stream of rule breaking on the forum and as such the following policies are now in place: The necro-rule time frame has been changed from 1 month to 3 days. This will allow the team to streamline the process of suggestions. In order to enforce these rules, the CM department is looking to expand. In order to do so, Gold has stepped up to become the police overlord of the PK forums, answering only to me.

General: In order to keep the plugin in the hands of the players, staff roles are now transferable to players, via duel. When challenged, a PK staff member must accept. If you manage to defeat them in a fair 1v1 duel, you will take up their role.

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I absolutely agree with fire requiring sources! It is good for balance and extremely canon!

Also I think earthblast should require multiple players just like in the source material, this will also make people play like a team or something like that.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Not as good as last years... :I EITHER WAY THOUGH. COOLIO! Question for the Q and A. Where has Kiam run off to?

Hero

Verified Member
Pickle forgot to mention that I will be taking over from Kiam as head of Digital, I would have made this post myself but we are awaiting Mist to transfer permissions over to my account.
In the meantime, here's a trouserless Chi-Blocker that i've been working on.
Oooo spicy! Why does he not have pants... or underwear for that matter? oh?

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Also, because you guys have been waiting patiently, I thought it'd be good for you guys to keep a sneak peak of the next upcoming beta :D

Make sure you keep it under hoods though ;)

Edit: That is my final act as dev now that I'm now in the Welsh Department. Baaa.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
lol, this new duel thing.... anyway, the media section of project korra can have animation, bending duels, tutorials(creating add-on or setup or something), and project development updates. I think the media department could be a huge success if played right and can bring a lot of new and creative players to the forum. The only problem will be creating content and getting the channel kick started....

TacticalRoyS

Verified Member
I think the new resource system isn't a good idea. I think you guys need to make it a config option, because there are some disagreements. So if you wanna make everybody happy make it a config option :)

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
I think the new resource system isn't a good idea. I think you guys need to make it a config option, because there are some disagreements. So if you wanna make everybody happy make it a config option :)
I agree with you, the config option should be, because a lot of people will be against the sources of fire and air.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You can't categorically talk about it. A lot of people, and therefore a lot of views on this.
Neither you can bash about bottles being the only tool for noob waterbenders. That's kinda hypocritical of
you.

P.S I was lying about people loving "firebending and airbending needing a source" part.