• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

12/6/14 - Weekly Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, Happy December. This has been another exciting week for ProjectKorra. Here’s the rundown on what we need to discuss this week.

Statistics
  • 154 Servers using ProjectKorra (Core) as of this post being created.
  • 1,314 Forum Users (+96 Registrations in the last week)
ProjectKorra (Core) v1.5.0 RELEASED

This past week we released our largest ProjectKorra (Core) update to date! It was 3 months in the making and had such a long changelog I couldn’t even post it on the forum! We are now in development of ProjectKorra (Core) v1.5.1, details as to why we are not jumping right to 1.6.0 is explained a bit further down in the post.

ProjectKorra (RPG) v1.0.0 DELAYED

Initially, we had planned to release v1.0.0 of ProjectKorra (RPG) on December 3rd, 2014, but it had to be pushed back because I simply didn’t have the time to finish it and get proper documentation out. It was pushed back until today, but for the asme reason, I have to push it back yet again. The new tentative release date is now Tuesday December 9th, 2014. I promise this isn’t some stunt to hype you guys up, I actually have stuff that I have to finish.

Additionally, much like ProjectKorra (Core) v1.0.0, this will not be recommended for large servers right away. The first build will likely be riddled with bugs and v1.1.0 will be the first truly recommended build.

New Website Launched

A couple of weeks back I launched a preview website that everyone could look at and offer suggestions. The goal of the new website was to give the Project a more professional look, and I believe it certainly accomplished that. We wanted to make information much easier to find, house the FAQs that we have been doing lately, and make it a bit nicer for our newer users. (Yes, the project is still growing at an alarming rate)

Forum Upgrades / Theme Changes

Another major change this week is the redesign of the ProjectKorra community. Pretty much everything from the bottom up was redesigned, we launched a new website, changed our theme to match the new website, and enabled several new forum features.

The new theme is provided from the website Brivium (Google it), we are using the “Cobalt” theme. We picked it because of the similarity it had with the new website and I personally prefer the sleek look of it over the tan / orange one we had before. I enjoyed that theme quite a bit, but, as we enter this new ‘era’ so to speak for ProjectKorra, a redesign certainly doesn’t hurt.

Additionally, we upgraded our forum software to XenForo 1.4.3. This was discussed in another forum post earlier in the week which details what you can do with the new forum software, however, since then, the following features have been added:
  • You can now register / sign in with your google accounts. (The same accounts you use on YouTube, Gmail, Google+, etc)
  • You can now register / sign in with your Twitter account.
  • You can now register / sign in with your Facebook account.
Lastly, in the Dev Build section for ProjectKorra (Core), threads are now always sorted by the order in which they were posted (descending) instead of the most recent reply. Hopefully this makes it easy to find the changelogs for specific dev builds, and makes necroposting irrelevant.

Staff Changes

We have officially opened up another branch of the staff for our GFX Artist. So far the only people added to this new rank are kiammcquaid, Archiuz, and UnlitedOwns. Essentially, any sort of graphics that you see on our website, forum, wiki, social media pages, will be created by this team. We’ve had a growing need for people to do this lately, and thus, we will still be accepting individuals to fill the roles. Please fill out an application if you’re interested.

Additionally, I am opening up applications for a new sector of the staff we are creating titled “Wiki Team”. Our project is growing at rapid rates and the wiki has sort of been stagnant since its creation. That said, we need a team of people to contribute to the wiki on a regular basis through creating new pages and keeping existing ones up to date. The ideal candidate for the position should have very good English, attention to detail, and sound knowledge of the ProjectKorra plugins. If you are interested, please fill out an application.

Suggestions

Our Concept Design team has worked tirelessly over the last week and filtered about 360 suggestions. If you notice in the ProjectKorra (Core) suggestion area on the forum, a majority are now marked as “Looking Into”. All of the threads marked as “Looking Into” will eventually be looked at by Concept Designers in the order in which they were posted (about 10 each week starting out). Anything that clears the final Concept Design stage, and is revised / edited, will be marked as “In Development”, meaning it is ready to be added into the main plugin.

There are now roughly 20 unmarked suggestions (Significantly less than we had before). We hope to keep this number down below 50 at all times. Over the next week we will start to mark new suggestions posted within the last week. Essentially, all suggestions to be marked over the next week must be in before Saturday (if that makes any sense).

Huge props to our Concept Design team, each of them personally processed 50+ threads in the last 6 or so days.

Application System

Over the next week I am changing up how we handle and process staff applications. More detail will likely be posted within the next week, with a full, detailed explanation next week.

ProjectKorra (Core) Development

We aren’t jumping straight to v1.6.0 Development, instead, we are working on a 1.8 compatible v1.5.1. We want a stable 1.8 build complete before we can work on a full on 1.6.0 build. There is currently no ETA, there are some bugs we just can’t tackle quite yet!

KorraPack

Serious discussion is beginning on the first ProjectKorra (Core) Resource Pack. I can’t give you guys much information on it right now, but just know we are in the very early talks. We do plan to release it in the first quarter of 2015, but until then, we’ll just have to wait and see!

Last edited:

Zafkiel

Suggestions

Our Concept Design team has worked tirelessly over the last week and filtered about 360 suggestions. If you notice in the ProjectKorra (Core) suggestion area on the forum, a majority are now marked as “Looking Into”. All of the threads marked as “Looking Into” will eventually be looked at by Concept Designers in the order in which they were posted (about 10 each week starting out). Anything that clears the final Concept Design stage, and is revised / edited, will be marked as “In Development”, meaning it is ready to be added into the main plugin.

There are now roughly 20 unmarked suggestions (Significantly less than we had before). We hope to keep this number down below 50 at all times. Over the next week we will start to mark new suggestions posted within the last week. Essentially, all suggestions to be marked over the next week must be in before Saturday (if that makes any sense).

Huge props to our Concept Design team, each of them personally processed 50+ threads in the last 6 or so days.

I don't see how they could accept to look at so much suggestions per week :D

If I applied for GFX Artist possibly late this week/early next week, would I be too late?

That probably seems like a strange question, but I need a few days to wrap up finals and get my Minecraft art portfolio together :D I'd love a chance to give back to a project that's been so giving to us!

Tenket

You said 154 servers used the plugin. Is this posted anywhere :)
Love to see some Australian servers

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I can't find any template for an application for wiki team member. Is there already one or do we have to wait a little bit longer?

V

Vidcom

Suggestions

I don't see how they could accept to look at so much suggestions per week :D
Anything to please our Mistey overlord ;D

Fuzzy

I can't find any template for an application for wiki team member. Is there already one or do we have to wait a little bit longer?
If you are applying to become apart of the Wiki Team, some of the requirements are to be detailed and good at writing. If you are good at writing, you should not need a template, but if you do not know what to include, my suggestion is to just go off of some of the other factors that are required in some of the other applications. That's what I did for my Concept Designer application. :p

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
If you are applying to become apart of the Wiki Team, some of the requirements are to be detailed and good at writing. If you are good at writing, you should not need a template, but if you do not know what to include, my suggestion is to just go off of some of the other factors that are required in some of the other applications. That's what I did for my Concept Designer application. :p
Someone else did that 2 times, and got invalid for the same reason. Mist said we have to wait till he gives us a template. If mist would allow me to apply without one, I could do good, but I wanna be sure I have a chance to succeed. And don't worry about me being not detailed enough, you'll read why when I applied :p