• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

11/28/14 - Weekly Community Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, Happy Friday! We've had a pretty great week in terms of getting stuff done for both ProjectKorra (Core) and ProjectKorra (RPG). Later on in the post we'll discuss tentative release dates and the like. I hope those that celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday had a great one. Without further ado, here goes the update for this week.

Statistics

• 142 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (Core) as I type this message out (10:01 EST, 11/28/14)
  • 1,218 Registered Forum Users (+74 from last week)
Website

At some point between last week’s post and today I posted a thread about previewing the BETA website. I appreciate all of the help that has gone into getting it to look the way it does, and making sure it is free of errors (although I’m not denying that some may exist). At this time the new website is practically ready for launch. With that said, I am setting a tentative launch date for the new website to be this Sunday (11/30) around noon. That means that the forum will be temporarily inaccessible (for no more than a couple of hours) as I move the directories around and ensure everything remains installed correctly.

ProjectKorra (Core)

We have released a number of new features for ProjectKorra (Core) this week, but a lot of our collective efforts have been centered on fixing bugs and preparing for a release. We are comfortable enough with where 1.5.0 is for now to consider it ready for release. We are allowing it a few more days just to ensure no new major bugs are reported (things that can’t wait until the next release to be fixed). As of now, we have a tentative release date of December 1st, 2014 for ProjectKorra (Core) 1.5.0.

If you have the latest Dev Builds, this wont be a huge change. For those of you that haven’t updated since 1.4.0 because you don’t like using the Dev Builds, prepare yourselves, this update is huge. We have spent longer on v1.5.0 than we have with any ProjectKorra version before it, and I think it shows. It may very well be our most expansive update yet.

After it is released and we let it sit for a few days we will begin seriously discussing 1.6.0. I already have some ideas for where I want this build to go, but if you remember, 1.5.0 wasn’t meant to be feature heavy it just sort of became that way. There will likely be a fair amount of community discussion around some of the concepts I plan to add in 1.6.0.

ProjectKorra (RPG)
The first version of ProjectKorra (RPG) is nearing completion as well. The initial plan was to release it with the full version of 1.5.0 of ProjectKorra (Core), but as that approaches, I can’t help but think that is a pretty silly idea. That said, we will instead be releasing ProjectKorra (RPG) on December 3rd, 2014 (two days later). This is to allow ProjectKorra (Core) to be tested for bugs, build some hype, and ensure things are working well with ProjectKorra (RPG). The members of the ProjectKorra team will have copies to test first to ensure things are in working order, since there aren’t any Dev Builds for the first version.

Shortly after we release v1.0.0, we will start planning out how we want v1.1.0 to go, however, much like Core, it is likely the first release will largely be for bug fixes instead of new features. I’m excited as we launch the next chapter in ProjectKorra, one that has been in the making for a long time now. When the plugin is released, more information will become available on what you can ACTUALLY do with the plugin. Some features in ProjectKorra (Core) 1.5.0 will not work until this plugin is released to give you a hint.

ProjectKorra (Spirits)
Now that RPG initial development is wrapping up, we can begin to move heavily toward getting our first builds of ProjectKorra (Spirits) going! I am not promising much yet, but it is more likely we will have BETA builds for ProjectKorra (Spirits), as the first full version will be massive and have lots to test. This is still up in the air and more details will be posted on the situation eventually.

We will soon be holding more public discussions on how we choose to develop the first ProjectKorra (Spirits) build, what it includes, and what you can do. This plugin is at least a couple of months away, but expect greater transparency in this plugin’s development than you saw with ProjectKorra (RPG).

It is likely that our staff size will grow, as we bring in more Concept Designers specifically for the Spirits plugin.
ProjectKorra (Probending)
This is another project we have been planning to work on for a while now. It is not nearly as high of a priority as ProjectKorra (Spirits), and will likely not have a staff dedicated to it, but you can be assured that we willl begin working on this as soon as we are steadily into ProjectKorra (Spirits) development. This plugin will likely be released around the same time as the Spirits plugin, as it is not as large in size and will be much more of a “side project” when I don’t want to work on the other plugins.

As for what it does, we will open up a section on the forum for it this week, and in it we will have another FAQ thread. To make it short, it is adding the Probending you see in “The Legend of Korra” into Minecraft, allow for team rankings, and automated matches. Stay tuned.

Bukkit / Spigot / Glowstone / Sponge / etc
There has been some discussion on moving to other platforms from Bukkit lately, even Spigot is releasing / has released their 1.8 builds today, my answer to any questions about this: when we’re ready.

We have to test whatever new platforms come out, ensure it is stable enough to develop using it, before we even think about releasing a build of ProjectKorra for such platform.

As far as how development goes for the different platforms, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

brent logan

Verified Member
good luck on everything mist. this 1.5.0 core version might be through so i hope you get through it with no stress. :D

Moonelight

Verified Member
Ah! Another interesting update to read. I seriously think youre one of the most captivating writers out there, even though it isn't about s story. I will always read these updates! Not only for the good writing, but since now you're starting to talk about Spirits!

Thanks Mist, and.. I know it is a opinion but, I think you should finish Spirits before Probending. Just because I don't think everyone is as excited about it as Spirits.

and yay, RPG!