• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1/11/2015 Weekly Community Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Statistics
  • 194 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (Core) as of the time this post is being created. (We did peak at 200 at around 10:30 PM EST on January 10th, 2015. Thanks!)
  • 61 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (RPG) as of the time this post is being created.
  • 1,753 Registered Forum Members (+88)
Staff Changes

We’ve been a bit slow on making some of the necessary staff changes, as we are still in that intermediate phase that I would like to be out of pretty soon. As the community is growing at an extremely fast rate, it is important that we grow our staff with it.

We have expanded our wiki team just a bit this past week by adding Hit_Manx to the team. A plan has been worked out that should result in the complete documentation of all ProjectKorra (Core) abilities and key features.

Additionally, we have come to the conclusion that our Concept Design team is a bit too large for effective discussion to be had. Because of that we are reorganizing the staff a bit on the inside. We have moved OmniCypher to a Developer role as opposed to Concept Design.

Community Moderators

As the community and plugins have grown, so have the forums. Because of that, it only makes sense that we bring on some new Community Moderators for the position. This application has been open for a while, we’ve just never had much need for them. We will likely bring on 2-3 over the course of the next couple of weeks to ensure that the community is Moderated well enough (without being over-moderated).

It is likely that we will hire for this position internally first, and then work our way to applications. Along with this, we will be preparing a new set of rules for the community and crack down on some of the blatant rudeness displayed by some members.

ProjectKorra (Items) v1.0.0 has been released

I promised that last week would be a huge week for ProjectKorra, and with ProjectKorra (Items) I think we delivered. This plugin was created by Coolade for official ProjectKorra release and allows server administrators to create items that manipulate Bending in some way. We had sort of talked about this in the past and forced all item suggestions into RPG, but with this plugin, we allow the servers to be more stand-alone, instead of playing with a blessed set of items created by the ProjectKorra Developers.

ProjectKorra (Core) Development

We had a lot of internal changes done with ProjectKorra (Core) over the last week as well. We were releasing Dev Builds, but they weren’t necessarily too heavy. We have sort of used the last week to set up the project for things we plan to do in the future. We still have a few more internal changes left to make before we begin making massive changes.

I’d expect some discussion on the ‘official’ sub elements (A bit more than the Avatar Wikia will give you). If you were around back in June / July you may remember the massive discussion thread we had on Sub Elements. Expect an update of that thread in the coming days to discuss how we plan to approach the sub elements in the coming weeks.

That said, ProjectKorra (Core) v1.6.0 is shaping up to be one heck of a build (keep in mind we are withholding a massive amount of information from you for now). I’d say we are far less than ½ complete with the update and we still have things we want to address everywhere.

Also, to address ignoring / giving special attention to sub-elements, I created this thread. Read it: http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/lets-learn-a-thing-about-how-ability-development-works.1652/

ProjectKorra (Probending) Development

Internal talks have sort of started about the ProjectKorra (Probending) plugin. We started a Q/A thread that will be answered within the next week or two. We are still in very early discussion on the project ,but this shouldn’t take nearly as long as some other things we have worked on.

We are still trying to figure out where exactly we want this plugin to go, once we do so we will begin to release more information about how the plugin will work.

Suggestions

The Concept Design team is starting to rip through suggestions, but are being a bit more critical about what makes it through and what doesn’t. Before making suggestions I strongly recommend you perform a quick search to make sure the same suggestion hasn’t been made (or denied) before. We are going to have to start filtering out some of the ridiculous suggestions eventually.

Resource Pack Customizer

The ProjectKorra Resource Pack has a plethora of updates that were prepared by Archiuz before he resigned. On top of that, I created a Resource Pack Customizer that lets you pick and choose what goes into your Resource Pack. This will likely be released within the next week or so (it is still in early, early testing and I’ll be making it look a bit prettier).

Twitter

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter. http://twitter.com/ProjectKorra, some news may be tweeted there when I don’t feel as if it warrants a thread, or we may participate in some casual discussions over there. Who knows?

Forum Changes

Something that got on a lot of people’s nerves (and mine, I was just too lazy to fix it), was the forum footer that contained a lot of dummy text and what not. That has been fixed over the course of the last week or so and the links should now be at least a little helpful.